• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you spunk stain you kept that quiet didnt ya!!!! where you get them from i want some
Wow they look really good! How much do they cost and where from please?

yeah, i bought them off a guy from work for a small price, theyre a ultra virtual daylight kit with a halogen main beam (which is shite) but the kit retails at about £150 i think.(i got it cheaper than that tho!)

how did u manage to do that Rich
the main beam is a small halogen bulb, so i ordered a few more bulbs and fitted an extra one to each base, so now there are two halogen bulbs running main beam per side!

its still a bit rubbish on main tho, so i might try and figure out a way to keep the hid on in main too.

Nice what K are they so I can compare them to Stevie B's?

theyre a 6000k kit sparks.

damage update

i hit a badger the other night and it did a fair bit of damage...

DSC00996.jpg

DSC00997.jpg

and people asked me why i didnt have a replica of the 98 splitter! now you see what i mean!

Rich.

hm not a fan of those bulbs, look a little blue hellfrauds/LED chavvy for my liking, may look better up close though (i prefer pure white light as opposed to blue ones, looks better and actually works better as you can see farther).

ahhhh man thats pure wank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

u hit some amount of wildlife dude!!!!!!!!! greenpeace will be after u soon! I've never met anyone with the bad luck with road kill as much as u mate!!!!!!!

hope u can get it sorted bro!

Phil.

tell me about it phil. :lol: i dont know anyone who has had so many altercations with wildlife either!

hm not a fan of those bulbs, look a little blue hellfrauds/LED chavvy for my liking, may look better up close though (i prefer pure white light as opposed to blue ones, looks better and actually works better as you can see farther).

they actually only look like that when theyre warming up, they go a pure white light when up to temperature, the heat range for pure white is 6000k which is the kit i have.

Ah thats a pisser mate!

Hope you killed the disease ridden critter! I've hit a couple over the years it's like hittin a brick!

fucking right i killed it. i went back to get my foglight and it was lying there. but i gotta agree with you there, theyre hard as fuck!

Dunno how ive missed this thread for so long. Making amazing progress with the V mate. Shame about the bumper but thats not going to dampen your spirits is it?

B)

cheers buddy. it did for a little while, but gimme a few weeks and i should be back B)

hay there. like the car. i use the same set up with the shock and springs. i find its a hard rided some time on the raods. but your right they well get stiffen up in the covers. the boost gauage u got looks sweet i using a blitz racing one. i on the look out for oil temp,oil pressure and water temp gauges at the minute so if u know any one what got any let us know. oh saw the exhuast system is it the hks one? i running a jamas system. hay whats the stand turbo in the glanza? hay i keep a watch one your car with instreat it looking nice.

tony.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for the comments. im running an unknown make backbox with a straight through custom system.

getting back on my feet update

ok after the "badger incident", as its fondly known by my mates, i felt the car needed a bit of tidying up, so i drilled the bumper to stop the crack getting any bigger, and decided it needed a good clean.

so i decided to go and buy meguiars 3 stage gloss system which consists of a paint cleaner, polish, and carabuna wax.

and i have to say it looked amazing... anyone who's never used it should get some if you have a bit of spare time as all three stages take at least an hour a piece if you do a good job.

you cant really tell the difference in the pics, but oli was pretty amazed by the difference as my cars is almost always dirty!

DSC01012.jpg

DSC01011.jpg

also i found a little gem on ebay that i won at a measly price, its nothing special but its a nice thing to have along with the car.

DSC01005.jpg

DSC01006.jpg

DSC01007.jpg

DSC01008.jpg

DSC01009.jpg

its the original jap brochure for the starlet, reflet, and glanza s & v. cost me £4 delivered to my door from japan :p

also got a spare scoop the other week for £10, so i thought i'd do a black scoop for the bonnet, but i decided to do a little something different with it too.

DSC01013.jpg

DSC01014.jpg

getting the car all serviced and cleaned tomorrow ready for my holiday! so i'll be in sunny (hopefully) dorset for a week... and im coming back on the saturday night so i'll have a morning to get ready for jae on sunday!

so i'll see some of you guys there!

Phil is going to be mighty happy now your going to JAE Rich!! :p

That lil brochure is pretty coll but teh car is looking very tidy again now mate!!!

Black scoop looks ace :p

Keep it up :(

RICH IS GOIN TO JAE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH SWEET LORD!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

car is lookin sxual man, shame about the splitter because i LOVED it! the scoop looks well nice, lovin the writin on it, is it a decal or are u handy with some fine detail paintin?????

Phil.

:) calm it down bud... you know you are my one and only B) B)

the writing on the scoop is paint, but i cheated and used a sticker as a mask, i painted it in a flashback rainbow effect paint and then painted over, so it shows thru. you'll see at jae!

• 1 month later...

small DIY update

been a bit bored lately so started another small project for the V.

dash pod for 60mm and 52mm guages

first i made up a sheet of fibreglass the shape of the dash i wanted to mount it on and found two tubes exactly the right size for the guages.

DSC00025.jpg

next i covered the whole thing in fabric, then coated it in fibreglass resin to make a hard shell.

DSC00029.jpg

next i hit it with some filler to smooth out all the creases

DSC00031.jpg

and then sanded it down to give a smooth finish

DSC00034.jpg

and lastly sprayed it up (in primer for the minute)

DSC00040.jpg

plus a pic of it in place.

DSC00043.jpg

its actually fitted atm, as i kept telling myself i wasnt bothered about the final finish... but it turns out im too much of a perfectionist to leave it, so i'll be taking it off tomorrow for a re-sand and paint!!

this week i have also been dicked about by some asshole on ebay... i bought these wheels...

e4bb_1.JPG

and was told by him that the pcd was 4x100 he lived 2 1/2 hours away so i believed him and picked them up... i didnt check this so it turns out that when i got them home there 4x108 ford/pug fitment!!

most pissed off. it wasnt the end of the world as i got them for very little, but still... so im currently looking for another set of wheels i can get ready for winter so i can keep my blackracing jobbies in good nick until summer. ive possibly found a set too but i'll keep you updated on that when i know more.

Rich