• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alright mate. NEw car is looking great dude. Looks super clean. ;)

Only thing i'd change is to take the foglight off the back. I'd wind the coilovers right down aswell but thats just me ;)

who said anything about coilovers?

you can see the pic of the suspension cant you?

you must not know what coilovers actually look like ;)

they're fixed height shocks.

Wylo has D2s!

Must have made a simple mistake...

In a cheerful mood today Harry? ;)

Peace Out

Joz

Wylo has D2s!

Must have made a simple mistake...

In a cheerful mood today Harry? ;)

Peace Out

Joz

As always, you know me... ;)

didnt mean it to sound sarcy, was more of a jesting joke than having a go at him, apoligies if it came out that way ;)

As always, you know me... ;)

didnt mean it to sound sarcy, was more of a jesting joke than having a go at him, apoligies if it came out that way :D

Nah, its all good mate!

Your not your usual self today tho? Very polite :D ;)

Something good must have happened? ;)

Peace Out

Joz

I send my utmost apoligies. I just had a quick glance through those pics, I was too eager to see what height it was sitting at.

And yes, I obviously know nothing about coilovers, i have cut springs all round on my car. ;)

Anyway rich, dont try and wind anything on your suspension because it might fall off. My mistake. ;)

I send my utmost apoligies. I just had a quick glance through those pics, I was too eager to see what height it was sitting at.

And yes, I obviously know nothing about coilovers, i have cut springs all round on my car. ;)

Anyway rich, dont try and wind anything on your suspension because it might fall off. My mistake. :D

read up, i actually apoligised, but for that sarcasm i'll retract the apoligy :D

mwahaha, i love the way things get misunderstood in text format, its awesome.

by the way, cut springs rule, in fact, i've thought of a better idea, i'm going to just weld a metal bar from the axle to the top mount, who needs shocks and springs eh! shock absorbtion is for pussies! ;) ;)

[nonsarcasm]I read your apology. I didnt mean to sound sarcastic either. I find it hilarious how things are misunderstood on the internet.[/nonsarcasm]

[sarcasm]Let me know how your new suspension system works. I'm intruiged[/sarcasm]

[nonsarcasm]I read your apology. I didnt mean to sound sarcastic either. I find it hilarious how things are misunderstood on the internet.[/nonsarcasm]

[sarcasm]Let me know how your new suspension system works. I'm intruiged[/sarcasm]

yeah should be good, its getting one over on the chavs who cut their springs as you said, just weld a dirty girt steel gurder in there, do it properly ;d

on another note, those tanabe shocks rule (as i have them), but they're visciously stiff.

what jdm rims are you having refurbed? i need to see them ;)

are you on about those horny looking jdm wheels uve been hording yea?

yeah, thats them geo... im trying to be different again, trying to not do black, as its been done soo much now, but it'll be simular!

alright mate. NEw car is looking great dude. Looks super clean. :)

Only thing i'd change is to take the foglight off the back. I'd wind the coilovers right down aswell but thats just me ;)

cheers bud. yeah, the foglight needs to go, but i just cant find anywhere else to put it! any suggestions?? i was considering getting a n/a central brake light and wiring it up as a fog...

Anyway rich, dont try and wind anything on your suspension because it might fall off. My mistake. :p

;) will do! ;)

very nice car buddy well done, i have that bov and it doesnt look great but it does sound pretty nice.

yeah it does, what did you do with the top attachment on yours bud? as i was a bit unsure what to do with it!!

looks stunning rich matey. the wheels your talking about, would they be my old jdm rims ? if so, what color you doing them ? if i had a white glanza, id have to go for black spokes with a polished lip.

pure jap stylee :D

yeah bud, they would be your old rims... its a bit of a secret at the mo... and its gonna be totally different... as i said above, trying to stray away from black! cheers anywho bro :D

on another note, those tanabe shocks rule (as i have them), but they're visciously stiff.

what jdm rims are you having refurbed? i need to see them :D

yeah, i actually dont find them that bad... as i have the tanbe springs too... the ride is still quite comfortable, but stiffens up like a bitch in the twistys!

these are the wheels im on about...

DSC00423-1.jpg

(this is before the refurb by the way)

Rich.

look fine to me, totally slag ;)

anything else but black would ruin the JDM factor of them, they're either black racing, watanabe or enkei, but ye, they're hot.

if you ruin them, i'll hunt you down and felch you, several times...

let just hope you kept em jdm eh ;)

also, they're not too firm? mine are fucking stiff as fuck, but thats prob due to the springs, they're a good 20-30mm lower than yours, fucking rock solid. i love it.

mate, it should look stunning.

as soon as you have finished refurbing those rims, you better send me a photo ;) seeing as they are my old ones hehe, i wanna sneek peak first ;)

those shocks are supposed to rock, how much did they set you back?

im after either tanabes or teins.. cant make my mind up

Convertin the parcel shelf light to a fog light wont pass MOT as i was in the process of doin it but have been informed by my MOT centre that they will fail it. The reason bein somethin to do with it being to great a distance ABOVE the rear brake lights...blah blah blah...wot a lot of piss. I've had to buy an ugly square universal job from an autofactors for MOT purposes tha will be bolted thro the 10mm bolt hole in the bottom of the rear bumper. Hopin to have some sort of funky release wirin system hooked up to allow me to take it on and off for MOT or shit weather as i dont wana have that thing hangin off my bumper all yr round!

HOWEVER!!!! As u know MOT is more strict in NI so i dunno how u would get on in england if u tried it! Just givin u the heads up!

Phil.

look fine to me, totally slag

anything else but black would ruin the JDM factor of them, they're either black racing, watanabe or enkei, but ye, they're hot.

if you ruin them, i'll hunt you down and felch you, several times...

let just hope you kept em jdm eh

also, they're not too firm? mine are fucking stiff as fuck, but thats prob due to the springs, they're a good 20-30mm lower than yours, fucking rock solid. i love it.

yeah, i was gonna go for black again, but i wanna go for a slightly different approach... i'll have a bash at them and if i dont think they suit i'll try something different!

:D:D they will still stay as jdm as possable!

i must admit mate, my pi springs on my old car were f*cking rock hard! so it is probably the springs, cause these are pretty reasonable.

mate, it should look stunning.

as soon as you have finished refurbing those rims, you better send me a photo :p seeing as they are my old ones hehe, i wanna sneek peak first

those shocks are supposed to rock, how much did they set you back?

im after either tanabes or teins.. cant make my mind up

cheers buddy!

:lol::p:D yeah, i'll pm you the first incarnation of them when theyre done!!!

i got the tanbe's for £200 fitted in part exchange for my old suspension setup (standard)

i was looing into splashing out a bit more and getting some tein coilies, but i just cant afford it and the car he was getting them in on was expected in a few months, so i just couldnt wait that long!!

i really do rate the tanbes... but ive only ever driven a car lowered on pi springs with standard dampers before!! so i dont really know!!!

Convertin the parcel shelf light to a fog light wont pass MOT as i was in the process of doin it but have been informed by my MOT centre that they will fail it. The reason bein somethin to do with it being to great a distance ABOVE the rear brake lights...blah blah blah...what a lot of piss. I've had to buy an ugly square universal job from an autofactors for MOT purposes tha will be bolted thro the 10mm bolt hole in the bottom of the rear bumper. Hopin to have some sort of funky release wirin system hooked up to allow me to take it on and off for MOT or shit weather as i dont wana have that thing hangin off my bumper all yr round!

HOWEVER!!!! As you know MOT is more strict in NI so i dunno how you would get on in england if you tried it! Just givin you the heads up!

Phil.

cheers phil, i did think that i may have problems with that, but i thought it may be worth a try!! :lol: o well!

cheers bud. yeah, the foglight needs to go, but i just cant find anywhere else to put it! any suggestions?? i was considering getting a n/a central brake light and wiring it up as a fog...

I got the garage to wire mine up to the OEM cluster -- works fine for me! And no ugly square foglight :D

Car looks good though mate!

*tidying up*

ok ive been working on a way to keep all the lights at the back as they are and still have a foglight that isnt garish... so i came up with this....

DSC00478.jpg

its now under the bumper and is tiny...

DSC00479.jpg

i thought that it was gonna be too small to be bright enough, but it seems to be pretty bright!!

DSC00475.jpg

other bits are waiting to go on, but im holding out... i have now got one of the wheels refurbed, and it looks awesome!! ;) really pleased with the colour i chose... but theyre staying secret till i put them on the car which should be in a few weeks!!

Rich.