ID-Workz Yellow Demo Glanza

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers guys, Livesports style sideskirts are waiting to be painted when I have a moment.

saw it in the flesh yestarday when we went to pick up a varis bumper B) was good meeting you bud,

love the paint color! the car looks like its going to be insane! wish it was mine! you said about your mate getting good paint matches do you think he could do me a quote and possibly send it out? anyway back ontopic

the tailgate wasn't done when i got there, you musta cracked on with it looks mint! hope ye sort yer breaks problem out soon mate

Cheers dude, it was nice to meet you too! I think your confusing the bonnet with the tailgate though :lol: the tailgate was painted up last week, the bonnet still needs doing though as you can see. Yeah I can get the paint supplied to you, send me your paint code and how much your after. :lol:

The problem with the brakes is air lock (I'm pretty sure) we're going to try bleeding them again with a bottle and a vacuum pipe.

• 2 weeks later...

I've hardly had any time to work on the car so there's not much progress unfortunately :)

A quick picture with Kennedy's bonnet that he kindly allowed me to borrow to a mould. :)

P1020673.jpg

And a couple of randoms.

P1020663.jpg

P1020659.jpg

P1020656.jpg

P1020670.jpg

P1020653.jpg

P1020658.jpg

P1020687.jpg

Is the Renult cilo sport colour? i seen one last week. such an awesome colour , there is nothing like it!

IMHO i think a JAM spoiler would look better and loose the ekky duck tail :)

has she had her MOT done yet?

Yeah its the Renault colour, same as my old Rep. The Livesports spoiler isn't staying, I'm using a Jam style and the duck tail.. :)

I didn't get round to the MOT test, doubt it will happen for a while. Car smokes a lot, removed the manifold and turbo today and the 3rd/4th runner is full of oil so I need to see to that when I get some more time (maybe next weekend).

Also, the TD04 turbo is being replaced with a TD05.. :)

Looks mint Iddy mate, The bay is just AWESOME!!!!

I love those front wings, think ill be ordering a set pritty soon :)

The rear just looks too much for me mate, and im not a fan of the Jam rears, a Varis would look sexual tho, but each to there own :)

Overall thos a very very nice motor :p

Each to their own guys, we could be debating this for weeks! :)

I think the Jam rear bumper makes the rear end, I'm going to use the Jam style spoiler to compliment the bumper but of course I can change that to a Livesports style whenever I feel like it :)

No luck with the brakes either (yet) but my to do list goes like this:

Paint and fit the bodykit

Flat and buff the whole car

Strip the engine and resolve the problem there

Refit the Wilwoods and bleed the system properly!

I spent a couple of hours or stripping the engine yesterday, the problem was exactly what I had a feeling it would be; piston rings not gapped correctly! She's ready to rebuild now but I may as well use this opportunity to get a thicker headgasket to lower the compression that bit more (as I want to run more boost with the TD05) and also ARP head and rod bolts.

A couple of pictures..

P1030728.jpg

P1030729.jpg

P1030734.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Say hello to my new babies.. :)

P1030766.jpg

P1030767.jpg

P1030768.jpg

P1030771.jpg

P1030780.jpg

P1030781.jpg

They are 16x8" Rota Grid Drifts with an offset of ET10 :(

I know the tyres looks huge, but they will be replaced with 195/45s to neaten up the look. They won't be staying white, I'm thinking of having them powder coated Bronze as it looks ace against yellow.

No progress on the engine but maybe there will be tomorrow :)