ID-Workz Yellow Demo Glanza

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm undecided about the cam cover, plans were to paint it pearl yellow but I'm not sure yet as I don't want it to look ott and I quite like how the silver looks against the blue. The paint isn't sorted yet, I'll get it done once the engine is running. :thumbsup:

Okay so heres another update, probably my personal favourite so far.. :(

The engine is now running and the wire tuck is almost complete. There's a few small bits and pieces to be done but it's not far off now :( I need to start looking for a spray booth to rent out now so that I can get the bodywork completed. Once the bodywork is done, the running in of the engine can begin :D

A quick picture, excuse the red and purple hoses. They won't be there for long.

IMG_2415.jpg

Next is to complete the wire tuck (my mate has done most of the work on this and it seems he's done well so far) and get the FMIC piping routed up!

Cheers guys, I can't wait myself. It's been too long in the making!

I took her for a very small drive today, just around a small carpark mainly. Everything seems to be spot on apart from an oil leak from the oil pump area. I've whipped everything back off (crank pulley, timing belt and oil pump) so will give it a good clean tomorrow and refit it tomorrow. It looks like I used a poor sealant on the oil pump (Instant gasket from Halfords). When I touched it today it was very very soft, like chewing gum. I expected it to be a bit more firm than that - I understand that its not meant to dry hard but surely it shouldn't be that soft. Hopefully I'll get the engine back together tomorrow and continue with the progress.

The Fujitsubo Power Getter is also fitted (temporary fitment with rope until I get brackets welded on the backbox). I must say it sounds rather nice.. :(

Ps. I won't be getting a Civic radiator, I prefer the stock one. I may go for a dual core full size if I use it much on track next year.

Cheers folks, hopefully not too long till I can get this on the road now.

Another little update..

The cause of the oil leak was poor sealant. Infact, that was the cause as a whole, the sealant. Silly me used that instead of Instant gasket :p I whipped off the oil pump and the sump to give it all a thorough clean and fit it properly this time!

Back in for some more surgery

cff2638c.jpg

Oil pump refitted

55abb8c3.jpg

Sump removed, cleaned and resealed

f6dd2393.jpg

That was an excuse for her first oil change too. The oil didn't look too bad upon removal, minimal metal filings too. I thought there would have been more tbh. I'll have the sump off again after around 100 miles of driving.

Oh I managed to find a spare minute to fit one headlight too :p the other one will be on once I've got a new adjusting bracket for it.

579836c1.jpg

Random picture from a couple of days back

8aa50d5e.jpg

26b1d2ec.jpg

See the resemblance with my old Glanza rep? :)

Ok so the car seems to be running fine now, haven't drove it too much as the brakes don't work due to a leaking brake pipe but Dave B is on the case with a new one. That along with the fact that I'm missing 5 windows.. :)

In the mean time I thought I may as well make a start with the bodywork (with a great helping hand from my cousin, EP82 owner Shaq). The car is mostly prepped, well the shell is. I just need to find an empty spray booth that I can rent so I can get her painted!

P1020573.jpg

P1020602.jpg

P1020599.jpg

Air filter and oil cooler located, just need to finish off with that properly.

P1020600.jpg

New hoses..

P1020597.jpg

Prosport Premium Oil Pressure Gauge

P1020598.jpg

I'll be purchasing more gauges of the same series soon. ;)

I've also refurbished 2 of the Sparcos, not sure how long they are staying as I may have something new soon.. :)