Finally Have A Date

Hi All,

Just a quick one to keep everyone in the loop!

Finally after weeks of waiting today was the last day that the NHS had to get back to me with a date for my Heart Operation and guess what no letter :)

To say i was fed up is an understatement! I am getting soooo tired now all the time its just unreal. I go to work and try and work but need to sit down nearly every hour or so to catch my breath and then at the end of the day i go home and im pretty much ready to fall asleep!

I decided to phone them up this morning and after going from department to department finally got directed to the right place. All the doctors where in a meeting so was told they would call back. She did say that there was no date confirmed over the phone so i would be looking at another 2-3 weeks at the least!

Well they just called back and have said they have a time available on the 10th of February (i will go in on the 9th) and i have accepted as if i wait any longer i feel i really will be in trouble!

The sooner i get my life back to normal the better!!! :thumbsup:

Jason :)

Good news, dont mean to pry but what is actually up with you ticker?

Its Fucked! :)

Its actually me Aortic Valve, was dodgy from birth and its got worse, alot worse! Im only 26 but it needs to be replaced. Getting replaced with a carbon fibre mechanical version and i will be on Walfarin for life. But if it keeps me alive then its all good :) They have said its a 'routine' operation so im not even phassed about it to be honest. In fact im actually looking forward to it and the 3 months off work on full pay :thumbsup:

Fuck yes! A carbon fibre heart valve is awesome, for the rest of your life you will contain carbon fibre, which is the material of GODS! You should also be able to run quicker due to reduced weight :thumbsup:

Now that I have got that off my chest, cngrats dude, glad it is finally sorted, and I am glad that I postponed the track day as I want you as well as possible for it!

Good Luck mate :thumbsup:

my dad got his aortic valve replaced about a year or 2 ago was given the choice of a mechanical one like yours or a pigs one and i believe one of them your not allowed to have a drink with i honestly can't remember which one it was he went for lol.

prepared to be a bit confused after the op as my dad was it messes with your head for a few days but you'll be ok after :) and back to normal.

as said mate good luck :)

Colin

Whats everyone joking about carbon fibre for? Man he is having a hear operation that could change his life in two possible ways!!

Good luck mate, Never knew anything way up with your heart. Hope everything goes fine!

Whats everyone joking about carbon fibre for? Man he is having a hear operation that could change his life in two possible ways!!

Good luck mate, Never knew anything way up with your heart. Hope everything goes fine!

You have too look on the bright side of life mate, if you dont you'll just be a misrable cunt!!! :thumbsup::)

You have too look on the bright side of life mate, if you dont you'll just be a misrable cunt!!! :thumbsup: ;)

LOL don't worry i look on the bright side of it :) Like you said Luke, otherwise you just get all miserable all the time. Its out of my hands so there is no point in worrying about something that i have no control over!

Now i will be able to add to the 'jdm sayings post' ............im so jdm my heart valve is carbon! B)

@ boostjunkie, its the mechanical one you can't drink with, so i will be off the booze for good. Well, i am allowed 2 pints! problem is it takes me 3 pints to get drunk B) Still be able to enjoy some Saki, just in moderation :)

i am but wtf quit joking lol

Honestly dude its fine :) im actually laughing my head off reading some of these posts. Thanks for thinking about my feelings though, nobody else has :thumbsup::)