• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well yesterday i stripped my spare engine head off sump off and crank almost out

and shit its going to need some work quite a bit of movement in the pistons in the bore a sit load of build up on the piston tops and the valves are also very built up . but i seem to have a 4efte crank in it.

it says 4ET of it anyway it looks ok no marks that i can see yet

joel

im looking forward to it to have no idea what to expect from it tho

still trying to decide on which intake to use either corolla mani and bigger TB or my current mani and bigger TB .

and trying to get some heat sheilds made up aswell and cover them in heat wrap to cover my ewhole exhaust is getting wrapped also. still dont know how much i should get skimed of the head tho if im going to be running trd headgasket.

dont know about quickest n/a ep but it will do me fine :)

ok so amjad and sparky are right it is a wizards of nos kit i have just bought

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

thats the exact kit i bought its a full kit with everything needed and its a year old brand new the kit is over 600 quid

the forged rods are to stick the extra tourqe that its going to be purducing arp head bolts so the head doesnt shoot off lol

so the list of parts so far is

set of 5efhe cams

1 full wizards of nos kit

set of forged rods

set of arp headbolts

trd headgasket

custom light weight flywheel

paddle clutch

trd low temp thermostat

light weight pullys

still to get and to be done

crank polished and ground

crank lightened and balanced

block honed

block , head and sump to be painted

port and polish head and mani and try something on the throttle body

get a full gasket kit

magnetic sump bung

lots of oil filters for the run in peroid

emanage of somesort

thats all i can think of now, let me know what you guys think and what sort of power you think i could reach

be told by a tunner 130/ 140 with nos will prob be achivable on standard ecu and standard rev limit with a management he couldnt say was looking to raise the rev limit between 7k and 7.5k to be safe will fit turbo valve spring to make it a bit safer:D

i have been looking into them spoke to a few tunners and they all say the same thing sound awsome but the strugle to make much more than standard power.

on a civic were the inlet is facing forward so getting any amount air it needs still there was very little gains so i just couldnt justify doing it for little gains would sound and look amazing tho

they have more lift and duration than standard cams as far as i know. turbo guys use them with good results and the are out of a 1500 N/a so can only do good things havent heard any N/A 4efe guys use them so its more of a learn from doing situation .

to raise the limit you would have to get an ecu which is also part of my plans.

joel

orite dude ive got 5efhe cams in the garage had them in my other 4efe that i was building they reallly are brilliant but i havent had chance to fit them to the new one yet are you getting your valves reseated as that made mine a lot smoother also put in a new set of valve springs my 4efe ran better than new when i rebuilt minejust with a few little touches

cheers kurt

thanks kurt

well i was meant to be waking up to a 24 mm front arb and droplink thismorning for my birth day which didnt turn up so a bit pissed at that

so all i got this morning was socks and cloths still very nice but its no arb.

cant wait to see my nos kit and cams i should get both them this week:D