• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

ok guys well i have purchased some very nice carbon bits latley some bits for the interior bits and an exterior part

the interior bit include a carbon fibre sterring coloum suround and carbon fibre dial surround thank to keith for them

and 1 very sexual real silver carbon zep spoiler. unfortunaly i will have to get the spoiler carbon wraped as the carbon on the spoiler has been sundamaged in japan and is all yellow but when its done will look like reaol carbon

will get some shortly liam .

i am not a happy bunny went out to fit the steering coloum surround and it doesnt frickin fit it to narrow think it might be off a gt not sure tho am not happy at all.

oyea and an engine update is that i got my head back from getting ported and polished gasflowed etc etc next step is get the block notched for the scat rods and get the crank lightened and balanced not much to do after that hope to be running in before xmas

all in good time dan dont there will be pleanty of pics of the spoiler when its ready to be fitted.

ok guys do you think i should put my car on the rollers to get a power figure i know the figure wont be great but should i get it just so i can compare to my new engine ?

the engine is going better now that i have got the miss sorted so should be about the 80ish horse but thats with a ring or 2 away and a blow out in my exhaust where my center section catchs speedbumps. so torqe will be down aswell

what do you guys tthink

Nice result, what mods have you done so far?

Nasty dip in the mid range though, must make it feel "quicker" at the top end once the power drops off and picks up again.

Strange how the torque drops off, picks back up, and then levels off.

That result has to be the biggest surprise of the day. joel is over the moon with the result havent seen him smile like that in a while, i couldnt believe when ol' smokey put that power out of it. roll on the magic 100+ :),

Alan

well im only home from some lost prophets and biffy cliro action at belsonic

my god was i suprize at the result 94 bhp from a starlet with a piston ring away and the ecu is running in safe mode and making it over fuel and i discovered i have a nasty hair line crack in my exhaust mani

the car is only set up by ear aswell havent got the timing cheacked yet think it needs retarded abit aswell so that could be part of it to.

when i was speaking to jay he said if the car wasnt over fueling the magic 100bhp would have been very likely.

the mods for now will remain a secret and only known to select few. but thing are looking very good for the new if thats the result i got today my predicted mark for the new engine will be between 110 and 120 bhp without nos