Steves ***new*** Ep82 Gt Turbo

Steve, you clown, that's not a cross member! The cross member is the one that runs at the bottom between the 2 chassis legs. I was wondering why the hell you needed one of those!

You need a bumper support bar and yes I do have one spare! Drop me a PM mate :)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahhh right I've always called them cross members lol thought top and bottom were both called the same

and yeah iddy its the little thin strip of metal the headlights sit on

PM coming your way now :)

Steve, you clown, that's not a cross member! The cross member is the one that runs at the bottom between the 2 chassis legs. I was wondering why the hell you needed one of those!

You need a bumper support bar and yes I do have one spare! Drop me a PM mate :)

^^^^ as above pity you didn't get across mate, hopefully see ya in the week if all goes well with the raffle :)

Getting there as well mate :)

^^^^ as above pity you didn't get across mate, hopefully see ya in the week if all goes well with the raffle :)

Getting there as well mate :)

nah didnt get a chance john. chris text me early morning saying not to come down he's hit a small problem with the engine and it wont be ready :)

Well i found out the problem this morning its nothing major and its in chris's capable hands so im not worrying. so il be getting engine back next weekend :)

hopefully have some pics of the ported head tonight too :)

Big thanks to Dean @ RW developments for helping me out. Wanted to put fresh nuts and bolts on all exhaust/turbo items but was unsure on sizes/threads etc so PM'd dean and asked for his help

He very kindly put together a little nut and bolt kit for me and even sorted out an extra additional kit for me too. Big thanks to him for going out of his way and doing this for me

DSCF0047.jpg

DSCF0049.jpg

The Kit includes:

6 manifold- head fine thread nuts

4 mani - turbo fine thread nuts ( for original studs )

4 mani - turbo fine thread bolts (to replace original studs)

and also additional kit:

2x mate serrated nuts ---- compressor housing

4x mate serrated nuts ---- decat-turbo

2x m6 serrated nuts ---- water pipes flange

2x m6 Allen key bolts ---- turbo blanking plate.

2x mate Allen key bolts ---- turbo heat shield

2x mate Allen key bolts ---- actuator bracket

2x mate serrated nuts ---- oil drain + feed flange

3x standard m10 bolts ---- decat- exhaust flange

3x standard m10 serrated nuts ---- deacat - exhaust flange

Helps me out so much

Time to get all these put together :lol:

DSCF0051.jpg

Going to aim to get the civic Rad mounting kit on tomorrow and get the rad mounted. Plus idrees sent me a headlight mount bar down which should be here wednesday too which means i can get the quad headlights fitted too :)

Engine should have been here yesterday but can't get hold of chris when he didnt turn up. anyone heared or seen him since yesterday? just want to check he's ok as i havnt heared anything lol

haha that was weired i was just reading your build thread while you was looking at mine :)

by the way lew your oil pump was same as mine seals on the pump :lol:

Just need my engine back now was hoping to have her running tomorrow :)

turbo kit looks awesome dude, which turbo is it out of interest? and how much did the lot set you back?

get that kit sprayed too :)

cheers matey

the turbo's a tongs hybrid matey. Not sure what they usually retail at but i got mine cheaper cause its supposed to be a tester turbo :)

Kit wont be on for a while i dont think now. planning on getting the whole car and kit sprayed at once so i best start saving :lol:

so its a ct9 based hybrid then?

im just asking around atm because i want to run between 220bhp-250bhp when my conversion is done, without the supposed 'lag' of the td04, and unsure on what turbo to go for to be honest, any ideas?