• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still got a grommet ill take one if there still free :) lol

yes mate PM me your addy and il get you one sent out as soon as it comes

Looking fresh mate :(

cheers john

i need one dude if your giving them out :D

back looks fresher get them rear plastics out tho

Im going to. only reason i didnt this time was cause i sanded it all down, cleaned it all with paint thinner ready to paint then thought id take the rear plastics out so i can get underneath (avoiding messing up the plastics) but didnt fancy doing the whole lot. After seeing yours the other night though I've now decided at end of year when i get it resprayed on the outside im going to ask him to do the inside at the back and get all the plastics out :p

oh and yeah mate got one left i think. Pack of 5 so Me, Lew, Phil nazzuro and you :( . Pm me your addy and il get you the last one sent out when they come through the post

seeing that has made me want to do mine , give me a lil more info haha ?

did you literally just sand it all down whip out a brush n some white hammerite n go crazy ?

To do it mate i first removed the patch of sound deadening. Easiest way was hammer and screw driver. persisted with getting it off. Leves a load of glue behing so run some paint thinner over it on a rag. needs a bit of elbow grease to get it off but comes off pretty easy

Then i sanded the whole lot down with 400 grit i think it was. doesnt take as long as you'd think. only an hour or so. Plus as i used hammerite its not vital you sand it down but i did anyway. Then i removed the rear plastics so i could get underneath without leaving lines you could see if they were still in. Finially using a tin of hammerite and a paint pad i gave it 4 layers (thin layers) one layer a day for four days and hey presto. Using a paint pad id reccomend as, unlike a brush, you dont get big brush marks so the finish is better. Time and patience is the key here. Leave it a day inbetween coats so it can dry properly. Simple :p

he reckons monday or tuesday now. eriously worried it aint going to turn up. if its not here tuesday im asking for the couriers name and a tracking number. if i dont get one im going to ask for a refund lol

i know how frustratin waiting is i waited 6 weeks for my wepr kit and its missing bits so now i have to wait another 3 weeks

then i got my reverse scoop painted , waited 4 days the colour was way off n now gotta wait 2 weeks til it can be redone

i then placed my old scoop back in (forgot to add the bolts) drove home and SMASH it came flying up n has scuffed my roof !!

Right few updates

Firstly got my fan mounted to my civic rad

DSCF0256.jpg

Then my 6x9 holders turned up

DSCF0257.jpg

DSCF0258.jpg

DSCF0259.jpg

Such good quality for the money. Planning on putting them in the rear passenger footwells hidden away but so i can still have better sound quality

Next my blanking gromments turned up for my rear wiper hole and also ones for the hole in the spare wheel well. Unfortunatly they only come in a pack of 5 so I've got four spare now

DSCF0260.jpg

Dewipered :(

DSCF0263.jpg

As for the 3 big 44mm ones in the rear i decided to go for one of these

DSCF0262.jpg

There 8 quid each :p i know thats really expensive but there really thick unlike the standard ones so should last forever plus unlike the standard ones there double sided thickness so should keep more noise out as the standard ones do let a lot through :p

DSCF0264.jpg

Now i know it fits I've ordered 2 more

Finially bought another rear glow panel as this ones in much better condition so taking my old one off and putting this one on :p

DSCF0265.jpg

More updates coming soon. off to fit and wire the 6x9's today and strip everything off my old engine for when the new one comes :p

Sweet little update mate loving the attention to detail, must get it from Socks :(

cheers dude

5iver says they wont fit in the wells in the back..... :p

and did u make sure the fan was located in the right position to clear everything in the engine bay before u mounted it!?

looking good with the bungs tho!

How can i when i dont have an engine in the car to check it with? lol and okay 5er your on I've quoted that so you cant get out of it haha

Well looks like socks owes me a fiver :( speaker pods fitted in a treat

DSCF0266.jpg

DSCF0267.jpg

Fusion front speakers with rear Mutant 6x9's word brilliantly now sound quality is immense compared to the 1 front speaker i had working before :p LOVE IT

p.s socks i take payment in cash, cheque or pizza :p