Steves ***new*** Ep82 Gt Turbo

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it will be done sir dont worry! :lol: i already have a few things hiddeen away!

rob, im just putting the finishing touches on my corrola its a N/A with a turbo straped to it, am doing everything i can to gain power and keep things running safe, am going to push the motor to its safe limmets and see wat power and how long it lasts. hoping for around 150+ hp on around 8psi boost off the ct9. and hoping to promot the bitz u need to achieve this. the only problem with blowing a N/A is the higher comp ratio it will increase hp mainly off the mark, but will achive lower torque levels thn the 4efte .

ste, lov the sound of the gt mate, plus i do a ported throttle body with the cold start thermo valve removed, reduces inlet charge temp by quite alot mate.

glad its stayin standard bumpers. personally i think they look so much better thats why i sold my toms kit. immense build mate. look forward to seeing it at notts meet possibly?

Yeh i want to keep it looking standard. i do like the toms kits though but i want it sat low and cant really do that with a massive bumper on it lol

ste, lov the sound of the gt mate, plus i do a ported throttle body with the cold start thermo valve removed, reduces inlet charge by quite alot mate.

cheers dude. well i may be needing your services soon. thinking of changing engines already lol crank seals leaking a bit and getting paranoid about the bottom end. didnt quite realise the full power of a hybrid at 1.1 bar so thinking of playing it safe. buying a good strong 2nd engine. swapping them over. then using the top end with the polished head you did. forge the bottom end and then run a td04 on that engine

sounds like a lot of fucking about but it needs to be done i think. no point running 1.1 bar getting the pressure up and letting it piss out the crank seal. its only weeping at the moment but the more push you give it the worse i think its going to get

I like a challenge anyway so this will be a good place to start haha

Yeh i want to keep it looking standard. i do like the toms kits though but i want it sat low and cant really do that with a massive bumper on it lol

cheers dude. well i may be needing your services soon. thinking of changing engines already lol crank seals leaking a bit and getting paranoid about the bottom end. didnt quite realise the full power of a hybrid at 1.1 bar so thinking of playing it safe. buying a good strong 2nd engine. swapping them over. then using the top end with the polished head you did. forge the bottom end and then run a td04 on that engine

sounds like a lot of fucking about but it needs to be done i think. no point running 1.1 bar getting the pressure up and letting it piss out the crank seal. its only weeping at the moment but the more push you give it the worse i think its going to get

I like a challenge anyway so this will be a good place to start haha

yep fella extra power and worn crank shells = public transport.

paul was running near anuff your engine set up in his black gt and i must say the increases in torque that this set up produces are impresize. and yep ste would lov to show u wat it takes to produce a quality built engine.

lukep knows wer thr is a place that just does second engines, we got 1 for markooses V and it was like brand new (very low milage).

yep fella extra power and worn crank shells = public transport.

paul was running near anuff your engine set up in his black gt and i must say the increases in torque that this set up produces are impresize. and yep ste would lov to show u wat it takes to produce a quality built engine.

lukep knows wer thr is a place that just does second engines, we got 1 for markooses V and it was like brand new (very low milage).

haha loving the thought of a forged engine, ported head and td04 set at say 1.4 bar muahahahahahaha :lol::):D

link to this place if it has a site?

nice vid steve fucking rx8s :D

hahahaha i know. he was going for it as you could see and i was crawling, 3 or 4 seconds later and not only matched his speed but blew straight past him.

Hybrids are pretty damm impressive i gotta say

Take it easy in her at least make it last till Japfest!!!! an looking good :)

too late for that going to order another engine hopefully today and when that comes will be swapping them over. the things we do for perfection ey :D

that looks awesome fun! that evo was lovely! did start to laugh when the rx-8 went past and heard you saying dont think so mate! :lol:

haha yeah we have a laugh at that hehe was pretty fun making that video. just wish id have known about the slight boost leak might have been able to keep up a bit better then :D

go six speed if u going any bigger thn the ct9 hyd will make for lots of high speed boost. look at som after market turbos ste, the tdo4 is a monster but late 2 com in which makes for not so nice driving. will get you som types of turbo i would like to see run on the 4e.

the GT2554R, or the simple GT17 or GT22 luk thm up i like.

New engine will have

• New head gasket fitted
  • New big end bearings
  • New main bearings
  • Cylinder heads are removed and pressure tested
  • Cylinder heads are skimmed and valves are re-seated
  • New valve seals fitted
  • Compression tested
  • Camshaft inspected
  • Crankshaft inspected
  • Crankshaft bearings inspected and replaced (if necessary)
  • Oil pump inspected
  • Oil Pressure is tested
  • Oil leaks tested
  • Piston rings inspected and replaced (if necessary)
  • Piston liners are inspected
  • Heat tabs and security holograms fitted

All units are supplied with a 6 month unlimited mileage warranty.

Sounds good to me :lol:

nice video steve shes looking and sounding awsome! every1 seems to underestimate hybrids these days but they are awsome fun!

your mad for planing another engine swap tho :lol: how much is this 1 setting you back? wouldnt you be better off just buying another bottom end and building it up?

you have too much money :D thought you would have done everything to the engine when you built up the one you have now?

So you've had it what, 3 days or something on the road and the bottom end has gone already? :p

He didn't rebuild the bottom end - regardless of how much we told him to do it. :D

I know but still, didn't think it would go that quick. :):):lol:

Bottom end WAS fine all the internals etc i honestly believe would have been fine

trouble was the crank seal had gone on the oil pump side. i didnt know it was leaking until the car was running again hence why it wasnt changed. boosted it up other night obviously the high pressure squirted the oil out the crank seal oil warning light came on. turned it off within about 5 seconds of the light coming on but guessing the damage had already been done.

doesnt matter how strong or reliable an engine is if theres no oil there its going to damage it. could have happened to anyone really could have put brand new shells pistons rods in etc rebuilt the bottom end completely and missed the seal and it would have fucked that so im glad i didnt replace the internals now or i would have been really pissed off lol

no matter once the engine arrives it will be a 2 day job max to change it all over :)