Zac's White Glanza V - :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, the rear end is not built up and finished looking fresh and ive started to dismantle the front end for the overhaul on that :D

Just a quick opinion question, What colour do you think i should paint the front calipers?? The rears are a gloss black as they look soooo small i dont want them to stand out, im thinking the same on the front aswell but i also like a little colour behind the wheels.

So what colour you guys sayin???

Also i will try do a monster update of the full overhaul front and rear when ive finished B)

Yeah maan your right, but i have seen a few like silver or white that look pritty cool

Im looking at gettin willwoods anyway so i think in black they can do untill i get willwoods :D

Iddy, i got a blue axle now too hahahaha

I havnt seen it done before so it had to be done lol

Yep deffo going to go for just the gloss black calipers now :D

Also, does anyone know if the front dust shield needs to come off when fitting the willwoods, i might aswell get it off now while its in bits if needs be???

Cheers lads, Zac

dont get willwoods they are crazy money, ae111 twin pots and yellow stuff pads! = WIN im totaly in love with my new brakes, stop very very well but not to much force on the front over the rear so the rear isnt becoming overly light and twitchy :rtfm:

oh and your attention to detail puts me to shame! soooooooooooo clean, im loving your build dude :wacko:

dont get willwoods they are crazy money, ae111 twin pots and yellow stuff pads! = WIN im totaly in love with my new brakes, stop very very well but not to much force on the front over the rear so the rear isnt becoming overly light and twitchy :p

oh and your attention to detail puts me to shame! soooooooooooo clean, im loving your build dude :wacko:

Yeah thats what i was thinking about the willwoods or the K-Sports, they are pritty expensive and i always thought about the back end becoming light and twitchy around the bends, what is the stopping power like then between the twin pots and the willwoods?? maybe a little comparison between two people with either sets??

And shorty are you craazy, your bay is super lush!!!!

The front end is stripped down now so i can get ordering the front ARB, antil-lift kit and the super pro front wishbone bushes and get w.e powdercoated i can :rtfm:

Cheers Shorty, appreciate it mate :)

Hahahaha Sparkster the whore!!!

Also lads, got home to start stripping the front calipers for painting and guess what...................... Snapped the Bleed Nipples :wacko: :rtfm: Massive set back!!!!!!

Ohhh well, Levin Twinpots it is :)

What is it i need then for the switaroo lol

• 5 weeks later...

Well i havnt updated in this thread for a while.....

Although the next week or two i should have a huge update, full overhaul on all running gear components with Brand New parts :)

Whiteline Front & Rear ARB's Powdercoated Black

Fully Poly Bushed

Poly Engine & Gearbox mounts with fresh powdercaoted mounts :)

New Ball Joints & Track Rod Ends

Twin Pot Conversion Brakes :)

Alot of painting & Powdercating, Wishbones, Dust Guards, Rear Axle!!

Cusco BMCS

Cusco Carbon Rear Brace

Maybe a few other parts i have missed ;)

There will be plenty of pics for you all too

Also, im thinking of going back to standard front bumper and OEM lip, soo if anyone is interested in the front Varis painted in 040 White, PM me please.

Cheers lads, Zac

• 2 weeks later...

Cheer Tom, they will be coming this weekend hopefully!!!

I know im saying this every week now but its getting there and the only set back so far is i bought a brand new whiteline Anti lift kit and i go to fit it and one of the longer bolts is missing...Nice one!!

Hopefully managed to get one from the local nut and bolt place and should have it all built up this weekend.

Also, for the brakes, ive been looking into brake fluid, ive decieded to go for motul RBF 660 Dot 4 fluid, after reading many reviews this stuff seems to be the dogs dangles with very high boiling points compared to the traditional dot 5.1 fluid :( but £20 for 500ml also has my pants down ;) haha

Also as im wanting to do a few track days and building her to handle well, so i decieded to pull everything from inside the car, still a few little things that could come out like but i aint going stupid pulling all the front door cars out etc I also know of a local weigh bridge so ill be taking her there to see how much she weighs when back on the road :D

The brakes are also stupidly close to the sparcos, i mean feeler gauge close to the carriers, i really dont want to run spacers either so im going to see how they are after a couple of hundred mile.

Sooo hopefully the car will be on all four axle stands this weekend for bleeding the brakes and some fresh pics of all the ARB's and fresh running gear :D

That is all soo far but pics are needed ASAP haha

Well this morning i looked through my phone and saw some pictures of the parts i had lying around my room, thought they was worthy of posting up to show you guys whats on the car as most was fitted on saturday/sunday ;)

DSC05183.jpg

FARB has been powdercoated gloss black and is sat up against the car now :D

DSC05195.jpg

^^^ Pure Sex of Engine & Box Mounts!!!

DSC05191.jpg

And finally the twinpots from Tom (Shorty) all painted up and ready to fit, again look gaaaawjus!!! haha

Also when stripping out the interior, i managed to find these little JDM beuties haha

DSC05188.jpg

Ive looking into the members card and found its a huge department store in the motherland :(

Thats all for now, hopefully all fitted picks will come this weekend!!

Cheers, Zac