Which Car Would You Chose?

Tamora or Radical  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Evening all,

With the sale of the EP nearing completion, it's time to look more seriously for a replacement toy. I've narrowed it down to these 2 and although a substantial chunk of cash will be needed to secure one, they're both around the same price.

The Radical is bonkers, the end. It'd be unbeatable on a track (something I hardly ever do). On the road it would be comedy but may be too much. Think parking it up somewhere or meeting a bumpy road/speed hump.

The TVR would suit track and road, but would be more expensive to run and not as 'special' (I can only say that when comparing it to a road legal SR4, less than 5 in the UK).

What do you think? is there something else?

I dont' want a Cockster or Elise or BMW...but something without a roof! It's got to be an event with every journey (mostly a broken down event in a Trevor)

:)

o bloody hel i appear to be wrong actully i always swar they were a 1.3 lol

Often described as the sexiest car from Japan - RX7s between 92-01 are ALL twin turbo 1300cc engines.

280bhp with a very quick 0-60 of 5 seconds (for my standard Type-R2 but others are pretty much the same).

You can only get single turbo if it has been modified. Brand new these cars costed about £35,000 and nowadays you can pick one up alot cheaper however there are a few things to look out for...

maybe..

How much do the radicals and tvrs cost??

I would go for an lotus exige personally, amazing on track, and could live with it as an every day drive imo

Toyota Silvia??

lol

out of the two i'de go for the TVR mostly because i have allways wanted one, but in all honesty i would rather a C63 AMG love the sound and power! Allways liked Mercedes They are in the Family

Toyota Silvia??

lol

out of the two i'de go for the TVR mostly because i have allways wanted one, but in all honesty i would rather a C63 AMG love the sound and power! Allways liked Mercedes They are in the Family

lol, i was thinking of my starlet while typing this post, Edited :)

o bloody hel i appear to be wrong actully i always swar they were a 1.3 lol

Often described as the sexiest car from Japan - RX7s between 92-01 are ALL twin turbo 1300cc engines.

280bhp with a very quick 0-60 of 5 seconds (for my standard Type-R2 but others are pretty much the same).

You can only get single turbo if it has been modified. Brand new these cars costed about £35,000 and nowadays you can pick one up alot cheaper however there are a few things to look out for...

maybe..

Told you was gna say the rx8's are 1.5's the rx7's are twin 1.3's haha was going to say surely one of the ultimate drifting cars ever arnt powered by a single 1.3 engine haha

yeah mate that's the one, it's fitted to most vag motor's, they goo like mad in such a light chassis :)

Yeah the ibiza cupras are nippy with them engines in. i believe the audi a3's have the 20v's in as well :)

Turbo S2000

I agree with sparky S2000 turbo all day long :) you can buy a turbo kit for £3000 with AEM engine management already mapped for the turbo and you will be seeing 450BHP and a car that sound like SEX every time you put you foot down :) also the standard internals have been know to take 700BHP happy days

I've always been a TVR fan, my cousin on his fourth or fifth, there's just something raw about them that i love. sayin that, his Cerbera takes £3k a year to maintain, oil changes etc etc etc, but he does also use it for track days.

if its out and out fun but still capable of a long haul to say, The Ring, i would personally recommend a Hyabusa Westfield. Seriously Mark, these things are unbelievable fun. I've been fortunate enough to get a few spins both on the roads and round a track in one, and they make everything look silly, and i mean everything. Two seats, u can even have them leather if your plannin on long trips, sequential gear box from the 'Busa, no turbo unless u really want one, 1300cc, weighs less than one of my freakin Rays from my car, u can fit roofs to them for touring (both hard and soft i think), rear wheel drive. You can build them for around £15k i think, possibly less, so u could defo pick one up from the owners club for less.

before u make a final call, try to get a spin in a Busa Westy dude, i dont think u'll regret it.

Also....TVRs are sexy. Fact.

Phil.

Wow, you can tell this is a JDM forum.

I don't want Jap again as I've been there and done that, I don't want something you have to buy then turn into a good car...I want to simply buy a good car :)

RX-7 is infact 2.6 ltr or the rough equivelant. It's twin rotary so essentially each rotor is 1300cc in capacity. Don't fancy rebuilding one of those every 40k though....

You know what i think Mark! Be different, Radical for me! How insane would that be driving that on the road.

I get a bit of stick from the other buggy owners as some think i am doing the wrong thing by complicating a simple mini engined buggy and putting in a 200+bhp Starbo engine and chopping the chassis about. One of them even said to me 'If it was me i wouldn't have bothered, i would have just bought a nice caterham and been done with it.'

Whats the point of being the same as everyone else!!!!! Thats the whole reason i have built the Demon the way it is, the fact i will have something that NOBODY else has. and i know that its going to get more looks and attention than a ferrari etc. Plus it will eat supercars all day long, for a fraction of the cost!

ROAD LEGAL RADICAL........................ :)