Ollie's 98 blitz powered K24 Cruise kitted Glanza

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not going to bother repairing it to be honest, change of plans now, im after another 98spec front bumper with a genuine livesport lip and my genuine JAm skirts will be one soon and hopefully some aftermarket fenders but not sure which ones yet, depends on if i get offered a job from an interview i have later this week ;)

right update time

starting off with a bad update

i was driving the glanza around on wednesday and a guy in a mercades decided it was fun to change lanes on a round about so i had no where to go, either hit him or hit a curb and drive on the path so i hit the curb at about 20mph and buckled the passanger side wheel and bent the track rod end but its only slightly bent so will do for now and it also very slightly curbed the wheel ;)

002-10.jpg

004-13.jpg

granted it doesnt look bad but the wheel is fairly out of balance now so cant take the car over 60mph as the wheel vibration is awful!

so after the bad news i got bored and lowered the rear of the car so waiting for that to bed in nicely.

then hazzagray come round and gave me a hand sorting out the turbo issue. as you may no the turbo wasnt boosting untill 4000rpm so we took all the turbo, mani and de-cat off to check for damage

011-9.jpg

012-10.jpg

the turbo seemed in good condition but there is some shaft play and a fairly bad crack in the wastegate

015-9.jpg

we allso realised that some cheapy nasty gaskets were used

016-7.jpg

you can see it had ripped in half

017-6.jpg

so we put it all back together using new genuine gaskets

013-11.jpg

and she is boosting right again!!!

finally feels so good to drive again

so after this gave it a good clean and she is gleaming!

019-4.jpg

020-3.jpg

021-4.jpg

and when cleaning i noticed horrible dirt under the wing mirrors so removed them and cleaned underneath

006-8.jpg

to this

007-13.jpg

unfortunatly looks like the updates will stop for a while after loosing my job but i do have a job interview this wednesday at mclaren so hopefully all will go well :D

just been to shortys house and picked up my lovely cruise fenders :)

so happy, cant wait to get them painted and fitted, also picked up some 15mm hubcentric spacers

soldmy livesport fenders to another memeber on here aswell

016-8.jpg

Shame the livesport fenders were for a 91. No good for my ep82. Was a sad day taking the fenders off shortys car. Glad to see them go to a good home tho. Keep them original. Any one want the rest of shorts car. Offers welcome. Don't want it in my drive to long lol