Ollie's 98 blitz powered K24 Cruise kitted Glanza

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so today i think i may have finally found out why my car fan doesnt work

looks like the fan switch on the back of the thermostat housing has been smashed off

now i no for a fact the fan worked fin before the engine was fitted so im pretty sure once again the pp boys fucked another thing up on my car.

glad they arnt trading on here anymore to be honest!

they killed my turbo, never fitted my fmic and now they are the reason the fan doesnt work

Yeah, I make sure I don't sit in traffic, its been alright but now the weather is warming up I'm worried so phoned nastyrash 2003 today who told me what to look for and I found the switch hanging and all damaged, and the fan worked before going to the pp boys

hopefully now u no prob with fan u can get it sorted quikly i had to drive for 2days in ma old civic with no fan ( in middle of summer) and always had to plan ma route to avoid traffic lights and realy busy roads lol was a nightmare

today i tested the faqn switch and thats the cause of the problem

currently have the fan running counstantly so better then not having one at all

eveyone should AVOID Pucka Performance at all cost!

i no they dont trade on here anymore as i far as im concerned shouldnt trade at all full stop!

they are cowboys end of!

when they first fitted the eninge and the oil feed return pipe hadnt been fitted properly and leaked cause tyhe turbo to fail they just ignored all my phone calls and texts, i also [aid them to come to my house and fit a fmic but the weekend they said they would fit it they never turned up and then said the were bussy for the following 2months

not getting involved with them, i no of a few other people who have had major problems with them so im not the only one

yep just looked back on your photos of the engine fresh out on the floor and fan switch is intak, so to me it was either done in transit or wen engine was fitted,wen u told me how fast thy fit it i started to get worried.

remember its not a race wen doing these jobs, thr are lots of checks to be done after installing.

got the apexi air filter fitted yesterday and what a pain in the arse that was, the silicone pipe for my air filter relocation kit was the exact same size as the turbo outlet so a total pain in the arse to fit that back on, the only way to do it was to remove the oil filter so the car had yet another oil change, 2nd one in 6weeks :p ,but now have fresh oil, a nice new air filter relocation kit and a fresh air filter that is massive!

the reason why i changed filters

004-12.jpg

and the new filter relocation kit

018-5.jpg

and all fitted, getting very close to the radiator

023-4.jpg

after that was done i gave the car a good clean and wax but still wasnt happy with how clean it was so today i gave the car a good clay bar

and this is the clay after doing just the bonnet!

029-2.jpg

and the final result after a clay bar and another wax with harly wax

024-3.jpg

033-1.jpg

026-3.jpg

and then i finally got my arse into gear and have the bumper near enough finished, few little bits to do tomorrow then primer it and paint it hopefully with the livesport fenders

035-1.jpg

036-1.jpg

034-1.jpg

and as the bumper should be fresh tomorrow thought i would clean up the fog lamps as they were shitty

before

021-3.jpg

after

022-3.jpg

as usual let me no what you think