Ollie's 98 blitz powered K24 Cruise kitted Glanza

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like the turbo is properly fucked to me tho.. no boost and smoking like a trooper :D?

i can assure u it wasnt, no movement of the shaft at all and worked without any issues up until i took it off my car

its likely gonna be something small staring u in the face but u cant see it cause your looking to hard :D thats what always happens to me lol. did u check to see if the wastegate was sticking? am sure if u dont get it before sunday between u and shorty ull get it sorted and i guarantee the first time u drive it boosting properly it will be worth the wait :D

Dont give up mate, i probably only drove my v for 6 months total in 5 years lol was always off road for various upgrades haha. Will sort it sunday im sure :) txt me your address dude and ill be round at say 11ish to get a good crack at it :)

right this weeks update then

during the week i recieved a nice little JDM box

007-17.jpg

it contained a splitfire grounding kit :thumbsup:

008-11.jpg

009-13.jpg

looks an awesome bit of kit and will get that fitted next weekend

then today i noticed the headlights and clear indicators are looking very dirty and horrible so i gave the headlights a nice flat and polish

013-15.jpg

you can just see in that picture the dirty indicators so i took them apart and gave them a good clean and re-sealed them and its made the front end look so much cleaner :D

016-11.jpg

and then the legends shorty and turbo grant turned up today to help me with my turbo problems

they tried a few things with no luck but after about half an hour they decided to run a vac line from the throttle body to the top of the wastgate and we had boost and no more smoking!

so happy and cant thanks shorty and turbo grant enough for their help, the car is fast! to say the least and after three weeks of not driving the starlet the brakes scared the hell out of me! so defiantly sorting out some 4pots now!

after they left i gave the car a well deserved clean :p

017-8.jpg

and got bored so took as many photos of the new sexy engine bay :D

019-6.jpg

018-10.jpg

020-6.jpg

022-5.jpg

024-5.jpg

next weekend i will have a new midsection made up as my current one is restricitng the turbo so much its like a brick wall and if i have time i will fit the grounding kit and hopfully the polybush engine mount :D

edit: forgot to mention, as some of you no my fan hasnt been working for the past year but today we also managed to sort that out so the fan is now working as it should :D

because i still have a standard midsection the boost comes in with one big kick at aroung 5k and its savage lol!

new midsection should free it up and help it spool quicker tho :thumbsup:

and lew grounding kit was form nighspirit

you can get them from bidjdm tho

As stated ollies mid section is restricting the turbo a fair bit, the bends are tiny! When his new section is on should spool far better. Much more savage a kick than my old td04 kit tbh. K24 is a nice setup imo.