TT`s 6p3 Sportif !!END OF PROJECT!!

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Looks great mate. I miss cleaning 6p2 :)

Maaan still raw about it ey :D Even though yours is better now its always going to be that way as she was your first :D

looks well nice dude!!!

:)

Thanks mate, just need it lowering a tad more now i think :D

On that note, what springs lads!

• 2 weeks later...

Right had a major feck on with this, my new KYB`S shit themselves and came up into the boot, so i was slightly pissed off to say the least! glad i was goiing slowly as its awful with no dampening. So just bought 2 more soi i can send the old ones back, and while i was on it bought some PI Springs to get it sat nice as i think its too high and soft.

Pics when they arrive but will b later next week as nobodys as at work lol

• 3 weeks later...

Gonna sit even nicer once they're bedded in! B)

Let us know how she rides later (I'm curious as to how the GT will ride on gas shocks with PIs compared to the NA)

Ryan thanks dude, loving how it looks now just want a glanza bum and some 98spec lights, no spoiler B)

And yeh amjad i think it will sit lovely! the ride is stiffer than my cuscos definetely, but i drive mostly on moor roads, back roads etc that are littered with potholes and bumps and i fooking love it! it is stiff and speedbumps are gay as hell, but its really well damped with the gas shocks, and it doesnt roll, you can just feel it absorbing everything. its very well balanced in the cornes, ie lift off oversteer, power on understeer or neutral if your steady on the throttle, just feels mint! i havent once had a bad back its definetely not too stiff:)

Hope that sums it up for you bud.

Redz, thanks, and yeh there brilliant arent they, corners are the best thing ever:D

Lukesr, yeh i think it will look spot on with the rolled tip exhaust, get it sat perfect in it:)

And liam man i would regret it too, but tbh they wouldnt suit your new one, Some phat jdm ones on yours yes please!

Cheers lads:)

• 4 weeks later...

Few updates everyone, Rear strut brace

â?¢ Red wheelnuts

â?¢ New red carpets,

â?¢ New rear seats,

â?¢ New headunit

â?¢ Some stickers:D

SPECLIST

1996 6P3 Sportif (lightweight model lol )

Destripped and Debadged

Short ariel

100w Rally bulbs

Import plates

BMC Carbon intake

Stainless breather filter

Powdercoated Corolla manifold

Amjads earthing kit

Custom Janspeed 3" backbox,

Black Ported exhaust manifold

PI springs on KYB Excel G shocks

Arches and rear beam, axle etc stripped and hammerited

Clear indicators

Debadged bonnet, smoothed and kamei meshed grill

Renault laguna splitter

EBC grooved discs and EBC greenstuff pads, new rear drums + shoes

SR Speedlines, Powdercoated bronze with Rainsport 2`s

TRD Gearknob

Punto MK2 R wiper

Amjads Earthing kit

Standard front strut, Unknown rear strut

Kenwood DPX404U Double din headunit, Alpine front speakers, FLI 6X9s in stealth shelf

Red interior carpets

98Spec glanza seats

Fully undersealed

AutoGauge Revcounter on dash

Leather gear and handbrake gaiter

D1 Spec catch can

Custom black suede doorcards

JD Tuning fr tow hook

Sure i have missed something...

Oh and its been decatted and i have heatwrapped the front pipe, result in a bit more top end pull, and more raspiness... Strut brace has without a doubt tightened the backend up.

Need to find the front seats to go with the backs, hopefully Ollie ryan will pull his finger out and get his recaros in so i can have them:P

Heres a few pics, excuse the dirtyness it was washed yesterday just the weathers crap :lol:

Photo046.jpg

Photo044.jpg

Photo043.jpg

Photo042.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Edited by The Toffinator

Got a bit of a problem still as well, a while back my heater (which i hadnt used in weeks but was fine before) control i tried to turn it to the hottest setting, and it sort of started sticking at the top like the cable was jammed (which im sure its not as i cant see it jamming) its now turning all the way round but its only slightly warmer than on the coolest setting! any idea what it could be? something internal in the box i was thinking?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...