EVERYONE! UKSC CALENDAR!

i would have closed the thread but i was at work! <_<

im glad everyones getting involved...

lobotomy, that looks ace bud. really like it.

i think we need to keep it to one logo though, if i get a chance i'll have a go at a page... the only downside to one of us doing the calendar is that if we settle on adrians, or anyone elses idea, then it means its gonna be down to them alone to make the calendar, as we wont really be able to re-create his style.

it depends on wether everone who's gonna try will be cool with that?

ps. i think we should keep the thread open or open another one!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I've got a .psd file of the A4 size page I made on the other page -- All that would need to be changed would be the pics and the months... maybe a few hours work all in all?

So long as people knew what car was going on what month etc?

But this all hinges on people having an HQ for the main pic and another 2 (at least) or 3 pics for underneath??

Suggetions welcome.

[edit]

I'm just gonna mock up an A4 size with a Low Quality pic to see how pixelated it gets quickly...

[/edit]

if done the ohter way then we dont have a deadline now....

problem is looking thought those pics is we need antoher four na starletss in there and some of the quality of the pics needs to be higher,

joz could you not borrow a better quality camera?

and at jaystar, do you have any pics of your na ep you could submit?

if done the ohter way then we dont have a deadline now....

problem is looking thought those pics is we need antoher four na starletss in there and some of the quality of the pics needs to be higher,

joz could you not borrow a better quality camera?

and at jaystar, do you have any pics of your na ep you could submit?

Is that including my na by the way?

have more pics of my Starlet on request if needed for Lobotomy's idea.

(Really like what you've done by the way Lobotomy, is a good idea!)

The A4 size on Photoshop is 3508x2480 - I'm just going by that? What do you reckon mate?

--- And from what I was suggesting each month is a landscape A4 page?

--- And also from looking at another scabbo calendar I've got here (it's got puppies on it) It'll be 16 A4 pages or 4 A3 (is that double A4 can't remeber) printed front and back which includes a front page and a back page where we could put a little blurb about the UKSC and stuff?

It would run:

Page 1 Front: January & Blank page

Page 1 Back: Front Cover & Back Cover

Page 2 Front: March & December

Page 2 Back: Feb & Blank Page

Page 3 Front: May & October

Page 3 Back: April & November

Page 4 Front: July & August

Page 4 Back: June & September

Allows for a couple blank pages for a blurb and maybe some advertising? (Help subsidise the cost or whatever?)

sound so each page will be landscape then.

to what u have said adrian thats how it wil get printed yea?

thanx for your imput by the way

@all depends on your camera skill to see if it gets voted or not i would think

Yep no probs -- I'd offer to do the goffering and get prices and stuff but (A)I'm working at my current work all weekend and (B)Working the rest of the time trying to get a bloody decent job! Got aptitude tests to try swat up for now!! <_<

sounds good. give it a high DPI it will print nice and the correct size.

it iwll be reduced so aslong as the pic arent particularly bad then it should print ok.

as for getting a job.. send emails to companys.. with your CV. or send them a something very creative. note: please check out my CV.. apparently its best not to ask for a job.. then ring up at a later date and ask what they thought of your CV.. this is assuming you want a design job

hope this helps.

Fellow Gopher <_<

Well camera skill or no camera skill everyone should have a fair chance hence the vote.

This is defo gonna be a poll yea :wub:? or UKSC Judge Panel?

What time frame can u give me and my brief G as I will be equipped with cam this weekend...

Peace Out

J ;) z

as for getting a job.. send emails to companys.. with your CV. or send them a something very creative. note: please check out my CV.. apparently its best not to ask for a job.. then ring up at a later date and ask what they thought of your CV.. this is assuming you want a design job

hope this helps.

Photoshop is just a hobby of mine mate :wub: I've got an Honours degree in Aerospace engineering <_< ;) trying to get a graduate placement/job in that sector... it sucks!!

only half decent pic is up there really, which people are welcome to vote for if they think it worthy!

unfortunately i dont have the time/chance to go out taking nice pics with cool backgrounds, but i might give it a go one day if i ever invest in a decent camera.