My project GT Advance

My Ep addiction came when i got to drive a mates Mk1 GT in early 2005 back when i had my 1st car.... an N reg clio 1.2.

I was amazed at how quick it was for a small engine & from that point, made it the car i had to get!

So, after travelling the U.S.A in mid 2005, i came back & sold my clio in the hope to find a nice Starlet. Had no clue what model i wanted & new little about them (wish i found this site before hand)

I kept checking autotrader/ebay etc.. & came accross a completely standard 1995 GT advance model down in Guildford which caught my eye. Engine bay was very clean which is one of the main reasons i wanted it. She came hooked up with BBS 15" wheels & HKS turbo timer, so she had plenty of room for a couple more modifications :D

Here she is in her original state:

MyGTadvance.jpg

Wheels002.jpg

I picked her up with a mate & drove back along the M25, only to reverse into a parked truck in a pertol station :D Dented the fuck out the boot, so, booked her in for treatment a week later.

Oh, and sprayed her all black while the dent was being fixed as i got fed up of the two tone colour scheme. Wheels were also changed as the BBS were in bad visual condition & a bitch to clean lol

DSC00172.jpg

DSC00168-2.jpg

My mate did the painting in his old workshop which saved me a few pound. Well pleased with the result. Love fresh shiney paint :D

DSC00181.jpg

DSC00183.jpg

DSC00180.jpg

Soo shiney! but needs lowering bad. Next thing on the list!!

IMG_2856.jpg

IMG_2835.jpg

Changingsus.jpg

Newsus.jpg

Suspension.jpg

IMG_5803.jpg

DSC00094.jpg

DSC00092.jpg

DSC00166.jpg

Few epic pics from 1st Portsmouth meet in early 2007. Was a great meet. Snowed heavy all the way down from Southend. Almost saw Gaz in the white glanza spin out on motorway @ 70mph, was crazy!

Heres a pic in traffic near Portsmouth. 4 lush starlets, all different!

IMGP0280.jpg

IMG_4120edit.jpg

IMG_4087edit.jpg

Out with the old, in with the new

DSC00273.jpg

DSC00373.jpg

DSC00374.jpg

Cheers Ricky, always a great help

MyFrontmount.jpg

Bumper cut, number plate moved to one side

Newlook.jpg

DSC00072.jpg

DSC00406.jpg

StarletMay2009014.jpg

StarletMay2009004.jpg

DSC00177.jpg

EFI pipe had to go, so relocating was a must, and i was adamant to retain the A/C

Newpics005.jpg

Newpics006.jpg

Meshed the bumper too.

Newpics007.jpg

Got some autogauge oil pressure & temp gauges. Getting them to work without a sandwich plate took a while to work out. Temp gauge still dosent work, think it needs to be plummed straight into the oil :confused:

Pressure works fine though. For more info on this, see my thread below:

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18521

DSC00103.jpg

Gauges installed in pillar pod. Not your usual type of pod. Sure its a custom made fibreglass jobby bought off ferryscoob (think was his username) a couple of years ago. Got it painted the same colour as the car & looks great :)

DSC00170.jpg

DSC00187.jpg

350ZStarletGT022.jpg

StarletMay2009018.jpg

StarletMay2009017.jpg

StarletMay2009016.jpg

StarletMay2009012.jpg

StarletMay2009011.jpg

StarletMay2009008.jpg

StarletMay2009002.jpg

StarletMay2009001.jpg

Picture11111111-1.jpg

****Skipped out a fair chunk of cars history from this point, thought i would go straight into the beginning of 2010 and fill in the blanks later*****

28/12/2009

Took the GT out for a Sunday spin. After a little boosting, the engine became very lazy & tappy :D

Found out she spun a bearing in piston no. 1.

Decided for a full rebuild (not forged) as im sure there was other parts the were in need of replacement & whilst the engine was was out, why not :)

Spoke to my mate who thought it would be a good idea to paint the car while it was going to be off road (All of the outside & engine bay)

Few pics of stripping the car down, will update more when i get time:

IMGP0033.jpg

IMGP0035.jpg

IMGP0034.jpg

IMGP0037.jpg

IMGP0039.jpg

....and off she goes for painting

IMGP0041.jpg

UPDATE April 2010 - Attack of the purple

Cars not been painted yet, but we needed to engine bay to be painted ready for the engine to be put back in.

As the weekend (17/4/10) was nice and hot, me & my mate decided to paint the engine bay & the interior shell outside.

Ill let the pics do the talking:

Prepping

IMGP0081.jpg

IMGP0078.jpg

IMGP0074.jpg

IMGP0085.jpg

IMGP0088.jpg

IMGP0082.jpg

IMGP0083.jpg

IMGP0087.jpg

IMGP0086.jpg

IMGP0090.jpg

Painting

IMGP0096.jpg

IMGP0091.jpg

IMGP0093.jpg

IMGP0094.jpg

IMGP0095.jpg

IMGP0105.jpg

IMGP0097.jpg

IMGP0098.jpg

IMGP0099.jpg

Gave the inlet manifold a paint of silver

IMGP0102.jpg

Boot & bonnet painted

IMGP0075.jpg

IMGP0076.jpg

IMGP0080.jpg

UPDATE: End of May/Beginning of June

Engine was ready to be fitted. Again, ill let the pics to the talking & ill update more information when i can:

IMGP0114.jpg

IMGP0113.jpg

IMGP0116.jpg

IMGP0117.jpg

Clocked the turbo down using a stainless bracket (thanks Ian ) Which i must say is a fantastic piece of kit. The machining & work gone into that bracket is amazing!

IMGP0119.jpg

IMGP0128.jpg

IMGP0122.jpg

Alloy radiator added. New stainless brackets & bolts to tidy up the bay. Lots of cleaning & relocating of wires etc.. to create some room.

IMGP0127.jpg

More to come.......

UPDATE: 24/6/10

Got her finished yesterday. Still needs a clean & polish. Started to run the new engine in & found out it was leaking oil from the crankshaft seal

Did around 50 miles of the running in. Oil pressure & temp was ok throughout the drive, just taken it off the road until i can get the leak fixed. Really sad that theres more problems, but ill get there in the end, im not gonna let it beat me lol

Hers some pics i took today just to give you an idea of whats shes looking like at the moment.

IMGP0167.jpg

IMGP0161.jpg

IMGP0176.jpg

IMGP0168.jpg

IMGP0174.jpg

IMGP0169.jpg

IMGP0164.jpg

IMGP0163.jpg

IMGP0243.jpg

My favourite picture:

IMGP0240.jpg

Thanks for all your comments guys. Much appreciated!!! Will update the thread once ive got her back.

Sorted out the turbo yet dude?

Just waiting for Enzo to reply mate, see if he can supply a couple of parts for the tongs turbo. Apparantly, no other exhaust housing/wheel fits the tongs, so having to source it from Mr. Tong himself! Long........................

Wow what a car :D

Keep it up man, any future plans?

Thanks pal, I'm really pleased with the final outcome... just how I wanted it.

Few little bits mate, noting major. I'm happy with the bhp etc.. Maybe just tidying up few interior bits and i want to add a few handling mods.

I just want to enjoy it. Havnt barely driven it this year.

Looks stunning mate!!!

GT3's look good in that colour :D

Thanks Pal !! Good thing its a custom midnight chrome colour, so no ones gonna have the same :D Much prefer them all one colour, they did start life off as black centres, blue lip

Wow, what a stunner! One of the best finest GTs in the country, that's for sure. I love what you've done with the Rotas too, they look super in this colour.

haha thanks Idress. One of the best in the country ey!! cheers dude for your kind comments. Fair bit of money has been spent on her so im pleased how it finished out!

The GT's a lot different from when i met you at Bluewater that time anyway mate!

haha thanks Idress. One of the best in the country ey!! cheers dude for your kind comments. Fair bit of money has been spent on her so im pleased how it finished out!

The GT's a lot different from when i met you at Bluewater that time anyway mate!

A lot has happened since last Nov/December, huge changes considering it has been less than a year! I'm hoping to get the Demo Glanza finished by December then I'll pop down again B)

A lot has happened since last Nov/December, huge changes considering it has been less than a year! I'm hoping to get the Demo Glanza finished by December then I'll pop down again B)

Sure has dude! Look forward to seeing your Demo Glanza, will defo have to meet up if you pop down to London area again mate, would be good to see ya B)

Lewis