Taking UKSC Forward

some stuff is already sold by the club shop but i dont know if that generates any income!

sorry for the delay in replying here its been a busy weekend!!

There are some fantastic ideas above some have been spoken about before others havent!!

To keep the club moving forward we need to keep the club profile growing getting the "brand" out there!

all clubs need to generate income to keep things moving forward peolpe dont always see how much shows like JAE to put on!! for exaple this years stand alone cost £72 just the stand the marquee was another £100 on top then the geni and lights etc it all stacks up to alot of money!!

To move forward to a sturdier more robust marquee ie a metal pipe and join construction with a tarpaulin outer you talking circa £500

a bigger geni with enough power to run lighting music etc ie some thing like a 3.5kva or bigger is another £500!! i know people have possible access to geni's but what if there not coming could we still use the geni?!?!

but even with all this how do get it all there ive said this before and ill say it again we drive starlets they are designed for shopping not setting up a show! Peolpe say they have access to vans but do they really want to drive a van to collect all the stuff then drive to the show rather than driving there car down?!?! Van Rental would be £150-200 for the weekend + fuel!! Then someones got to drive it down which could be done but its all money to pay for it!

All this for show after so this is something which need to be sustainable! for example a raffle could only be done once in a blue moon other wise traders wouldnt donate! A selling tax would be a great idea but like G said im not sure how we would immpliment this!!

Something we have done in previous years is add a couple of £'s on to the advanced ticket price to help cover club plots but with not everyone buying advanced tickets it wont cover all of it! so for next years JAE i intend to make it advance ticket only will be guarenteed a space!

sorry for the ramblings got alot spinning in my head!

Rob

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

carnt agree more on how to get the stuff there! i mentioned it aswel, for weekend shows me and my lass struggled to get our camping gear, cloths and food in let alone, generators ect . . . . which means you need a van but who is on here that drives a van, doesnt have a starlet they want to take to a show and dedicated enough to drive to shows with all the stuff and where is all the stuff kept? carnt keep different parts of the stand at four ends of the country.

the bigger your get the more problems you have that need to be organised.

some stuff is already sold by the club shop but i dont know if that generates any income!

sorry for the delay in replying here its been a busy weekend!!

There are some fantastic ideas above some have been spoken about before others havent!!

To keep the club moving forward we need to keep the club profile growing getting the "brand" out there!

all clubs need to generate income to keep things moving forward peolpe dont always see how much shows like JAE to put on!! for exaple this years stand alone cost £72 just the stand the marquee was another £100 on top then the geni and lights etc it all stacks up to alot of money!!

To move forward to a sturdier more robust marquee ie a metal pipe and join construction with a tarpaulin outer you talking circa £500

a bigger geni with enough power to run lighting music etc ie some thing like a 3.5kva or bigger is another £500!! i know people have possible access to geni's but what if there not coming could we still use the geni?!?!

but even with all this how do get it all there ive said this before and ill say it again we drive starlets they are designed for shopping not setting up a show! Peolpe say they have access to vans but do they really want to drive a van to collect all the stuff then drive to the show rather than driving there car down?!?! Van Rental would be £150-200 for the weekend + fuel!! Then someones got to drive it down which could be done but its all money to pay for it!

All this for show after so this is something which need to be sustainable! for example a raffle could only be done once in a blue moon other wise traders wouldnt donate! A selling tax would be a great idea but like G said im not sure how we would immpliment this!!

Something we have done in previous years is add a couple of £'s on to the advanced ticket price to help cover club plots but with not everyone buying advanced tickets it wont cover all of it! so for next years JAE i intend to make it advance ticket only will be guarenteed a space!

sorry for the ramblings got alot spinning in my head!

Rob

Totally agree Rob but it could all be utilised at all off the shows/events.

The club and it's members are the ones to take it forward, never easy when we start talking money, now dont anyone take this wrong but WE all spend fortunes on parts!!! so £5 per year is not a lot to ask to allow the club to move forward.

I 'm sure this fund would all be managed by the admin team to ensure that it is not just frittered away.

Heres hoping we can take the club to the next level.

John

• 1 month later...

Well I can come in handy for the big Shows then ad I have a van (people carrier were all the seat come out to make a medium size van) and a tow bar and a-frame I can bring my starlet to B) so if need be I can do this it'll just leave my wife without a car :lol:

The Tax disc holder is a great idea I rekon, How about getting a design together doing a group buy then with the meney made getting more then every new member can buy one! Sort of self perpetuating, Probably only be a bit of income for the club buy steady with new members all the time. Only tough bit might be finding a company to make it. I'm sure everyone here would enjoy pitching in to a design. Or a design competition ??

Get a good idea going ?

it's not expensive tbh they're £20 each here for singles and we could get em turned around quite quickly too i'd say

Create your own

few colour options too

all-colours_1_11_3.jpg

Si

Liking this idea, do we have an image available to contact the company to see what sort of price a group buy would be??

John

Well I can come in handy for the big Shows then ad I have a van (people carrier were all the seat come out to make a medium size van) and a tow bar and a-frame I can bring my starlet to B) so if need be I can do this it'll just leave my wife without a car :lol:

You are the man B)