losing the faith

everybody who has a big power starlet brakes them after a very short time of doing it. ive been in a 500bhp skyline and ive been in a 300bhp starlet and i can easily say that the starlet aint got shit.

my choise would be the liner all day fella but as already said id drop down to either the 32/33gtr models much better than the gtt. and yes they cost more but this insurance being more is abit of a myth ive managed to get mine on my evo for exactly the same as i was paying on my v! the tax is more and the fuel cost but if you want a better car then these are the fall backs

Ben

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah thats what im thinking sparky. keep the gt for a couple of years then get a r34 gtr in bayside blue ummm

Yes do this!! As i said earlier single turbo/Non turbo skylines are mostly driven by fags.. well around here they are anyway!

Just save up and get a GTR!! B)

If your interested in R33's then my old man is selling his by the way for £10,495 :huh::lol:

everybody who has a big power starlet brakes them after a very short time of doing it. ive been in a 500bhp skyline and ive been in a 300bhp starlet and i can easily say that the starlet aint got shit.

Ben

funny that, i own a 300bhp starlet, and ive had a blast with a 480bhp TT supra(i'd imagine its pretty comparable to a 500bhp skyline?) and lets just say, i ddint finish second, and to say the supra driver was dissapointed, well, is a bit of an understatement.

as ive said tho, there not really comparable, sad as it sounds, i picked my starlet, over an audi RS6, as i decided i wanted to have a car to have fun in for a year.

I love how everyone keeps talking about power and weight.... there is something else which makes a huge difference on the road.

Torque....

A starlet engine will never ever put out as much torque for as much of the time than a larger capacity engine.

I'm now laughing at this thread at all the dreamers going on about beating "400hp" cars... These all measured with an "arse dyno"?

When I get my car back on the road I'd like to see what a 300hp Starlet can do.

when youve got it, i will come a run up to see you if ive still got my starlet, if not there are another 2 starlets in stranraer with big power, and were in kilmarnock once a month or summit just for a run.

i know it souds stupid, but before i got it, i never expected it to be anything like it is, i was expecting it to spin and go nowhere, but in the dry, my car launches, not easy, but with pretty good use of traction.

i had some1 in with me when i had the blast with the skyline, as did he, and before the next weekend, he had told most people in the town about my car, bearing in mind he is a 30 odd yer old guy. so to say he was impressed with the wee shitbox is an understatement.

as you say, power to weight isnt everything, but a 400 bhp skyline is only what, 275 per tonne, and my 330 starlet is 370 per tonne

torque or not, 100bhp will show.

Going of subject for just one post!..

Last night i had some Rover metro up my arse i was like eerr righto.. so i gave it the beans expecting to just leave him in another time zone and he was right on my arse upto around 70! haha :( Funny stuff!!

Back on topic...

I've been out in my old mans one (obviously) and i could see a starlet sticking with it up to only about 40-50mph then it would be bye bye.. Were not sure what its running though as my old man's not interested in all this BHP Bullshit talk.. That's what he calls it anyway, And he won't ever put it on a rolling road but i imagine it must be around 400-430bhp mark

i think i go down this route for more power

For more power, we'd recommend upgrading the injectors to 700cc items, fitting a larger fuel pump (280 litres per hour) and a Nismo fuel pressure regulator in combination with a pair of Nismo air flow meters (Rated for use up to 775 bhp). A cat replacement pipe is already included with this car, brand new & unused.

These additional items combined would give a very responsive 500 - 550 bhp with these turbos.

I love how everyone keeps talking about power and weight.... there is something else which makes a huge difference on the road.

Torque....

A starlet engine will never ever put out as much torque for as much of the time than a larger capacity engine.

I'm now laughing at this thread at all the dreamers going on about beating "400hp" cars... These all measured with an "arse dyno"?

When I get my car back on the road I'd like to see what a 300hp Starlet can do.

i laugh at your posts in these types of situations you usualy harp the same stuff . . .

your cracking on about torque but most of these cars weigh close to twice of a stripped out starlet

i want to be there when scotish starlet takes to the floor with you, - its simple maths at the end of the day,

will your viewpoint be different if he wins?

when you getting your 180 back on the road for this bout?

il have a pop at you with my 95 if your up for it

when you getting your 180 back on the road for this bout?

x2... Typical all this talk of powerful cars..

Never comes of anything but TALK.. get that car back on the road and for the love of god settle this endless dispute thats ravaged on since you became the owner of this sinister monster of a car.

IMO.. TUNING = BREAKING

You guys argue about these cars but they aint even in the same class as each other, we should setup an annual Dispute maches.. one drag strip.. one track.. the best wins... could be something to bring clubs against each other.. would certainly be fun.

PS My clio would have the floor with the lot oh ye :thumbsup:

<3 Love

I have to agree with Rubix on some of this, people get caught up in peak power figures, power to weight ratios, etc etc... without looking at the overall power curve of the engine, gearing, or anything else.

Starlets are definately impressive and for the small running costs and simplicity they are great. But some people need to take their blinkers off.

God point Wullie (and to blow my own trumpet, i do have the quickest EP in /scotland over the standing 1/4 :))

See here

My own 250 hp GT up against an R32 GTR, certainly had a full exhaust and filter, unsure on much else.

Now for you members who cant see past Toyotas, look how the GTR starts passing me just on the finish line, thats torque and capacity of the bigger motor. Yes up to a certain speed its evens stevens, but after around 100 mph plus it will walk away.

a referred to previous posts not only this one.. youve always be quick off the bat to throw a mention about your car on other previous posts... i could look them out but am busy plus my wooden spoons not out. you dig your self into these positions lol.

well i got on a 50/50 basis... tuning or bad driver = breaking

145leptons = respecto on the hill oh joy.