losing the faith

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget an R34 Skyline weighs over 1400kgs were as a starlet weighs around 900kgs.. upto to a certain speed i imagine the starlet would be on its arse if not just infront...

Perfect video to demonstrate this..

that video just makes me want a quad light gt so fucking

need to sell my V

Yes its light, yes its powerful but the skyline is 10x the car. Whats he raced? A couple of Evo's, the odd Scooby?!

yeah m3,rs,evo raced one evo with 450bhp put. side by side. and he was runnig 240bhp.

a 300bhp starlet could hit 150 easy..

dont care what anyone thinks but im with a starlet.. everyone is entitled to there own opinion

quite a few people in here who are obviously picking the starlets. but there are a few, who i dont believe have been in a real powerful one and are slating them.

i would put my starlet against a 500bhp skyline, and i would bet my car that the skyline wont even start catching me untill well over 100mph, my starlet does 150mph no bother, and lets face it, where is he ever guna be chasing me at over 120-130 mph, there is no point in blasting down a motorway at 150mph. imho, if they havent caught me by then, my car is faster, end of.

personally, i would pick a gtr over my car, but i wouldnt pick that one in the link, its not to my taste.

my point of view, is that, a 300+bhp starlet, is soo much fun, and to be honest, pretty reliable, if built properly, and looked after, but the end of the day, mine will probably be sold after xmas, ive had my fun, i live in a small town, and there is a 250bhp glanza, and two gt's over 320bhp, so my car doesnt surprise that many people, because they already expext to have there arese kicked.

i can see both points here, starlet mainly because of cheapness and fun factor. against wank traction, comfort etc. skyline as people have said, is in a completely different league. it feels big to be in, drifts easily as hell and traction control works brilliantly, also comfiest thing for crusing in, effortless travveling. but thats where its bad. being sat at 100+ is easy, huge gear ratios and the car just pulls and pulls, 1 gear, till 165? this is expirence in a standard bar basic mods gtt, in other words licence is at risk! oh but the sound is insane, you smile no matter how you drive it. its unbeatable :)

Pros and cons

Starlet pros: cheap, tax,insurance mods etc etc

Starlet cons:uncomfy,unrefined in comparision. less of a car, crusing wise not as good

Skyline pros: mega comfy,stupidly easy to go fast, speed,sound,looks, oh and its a skyline

Skyline cons: stupid insurance,tax and fuel costs. too easy to go fast, nickable!

But tbh, i know i would pick the skyline if its done properly mate

skyline ftw, because we all know you can get more than 500 bhp out of a skyline and still be comfy

but obviously the r34, because i think the earlier models look gash for some reason

r35 gtr FTMFW

but obviously if money wasnt an issue, we'd all have both :D for funs :)

Skylines and Starlets are in totally different leagues, I wouldn't even bother comparing them in anything other than a straight line.

Fair enough there will be Starlets that could beat Skylines but as an overall car they're totally different.

<br />if you can afford a skyline id go with that in all honesty. as much as i love starlets a skyline is in a different league lol<br />
<br /><br /><br />. What im trying to say is . Is it worth spending all that money getting my gt to 300bhp for it spin like fuck or would i be better spending the money buying the gtt?

its not all about the speed in my opinion i mean yes i would rather have a fast car but its not everything...

skyline or starlet? if you have the pennies skyline any day! but the costs will be eating away at your wallet!

exactly why i sold my supra and it was only a n/a LOL it was very expensive to run and any mods,insurance and tax so thought back to a starlet where they are really fun cars and perfect budget!

Personally I'd stick with your GT. It wouldn't cost anywhere near as much to get that to 300bhp and then there's the running costs which would be much lower! And the fun factor, I reckon 300bhp in a Starlet would probably be more useable day-to-day than 500bhp (RWD?)

You could even swap everything over to an EP85 giving you the grip factor too still having money left over

Skyline's are cool cars but if I was to get one/ it'd have to be a GTR! And I'd rather have a TT Supra over one of those anyway :)

Comparison by JCB...

The starlet.. small shiffty..

1377excsmall.jpg

The skyline.. big comfy cruise.. but burns the fuel..

JCB_Fastrac_8250.jpg

Two worlds apart by far..

comparing a 1.3 fwd to a 2.6 rwd - cant compare really can you.

point is you look at it this way youll drive a 1.3 300bhp but youll forever get slagged you have a 1.3 micra on the roids... plus look like a little boy..

where is the skyline.. respect because you have a aswome car thats complete fanj magnet and a giggle that its right out of fast and furious...

no one wants to look like a little boy..

starlet...

junior-geek-squad.jpg

skyline...

ChuckNorrisApproved.png

Sorry to have just skipped through all of the comments but I thought I'd just pop my peice of mind in here... Skylines are the sex.... HOWEVER! If you're looking for a thrill, I swear if you compare power to weight, a skyline is going to need about 400bhp to beat a stripped starlet running roughly 220bhp which is possible on standard internals as some people on here have proven... Imagine 300bhp in a starlet!?

I'd say skys are probably my fave car of all time.... But for a daily driver, cheaper option, more of a thrill for me personally... I would have the 300bhp starlet!.... If you want to start talking silly money and silly power then yeah the skyline. You can't get 1000bhp out of a starlet :)

heres the spec list of the gtt

2 Doors, Manual, Coupe, Petrol, White. Split Rim 17" R18 Alloys, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Body kit, CD, Central locking, Driver airbag, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Passenger airbag, Power assisted steering, Sideskirts, Spoiler. Nismo 300 KPH Speedo, Engine bored to 2.8. R34NI Pistons & Conrods, Tomei Crank, CPU Overwritten, Aftermarket RHx6 Turbo,Blitz Front Mounted Intercooler, HKS Oil Cooler, Nismo 500 CC Injections, EX HKS PonCams, Kunoff 3rd Tank 3 Stage Rad, 05 TwinPlate Nismo L.S.D. Boost Gauge, 3D GT Wing & Shift Knob, Infinity Throttle, IN R33 Cam. App 500 BHP,

Skyline, all I can say is one day :)

But yea I'd prob pick a TT Supra over one :D

Stick to the Starlet for now mate. Theres always gonna be a decent Skyline around to buy another time, now get that GT to 300 horsies :D

Surely your going to have the same problem of traction with 500bhp in a rear drive car as 300bhp in a front wheel drive??

So sod a GTT Skyline, with that sort of money Id go for an R32 or R33 GTR.

Get the ponies on the black stuff :)