ID-Workz Demo GT Turbo

Cheers for the comments guys. Daz we will have to wait and see mate. I want to get it braced from flange to flange before fitting though and I'll also brace the turbo itself with some DIY brackets!

did you get them off ebay, think i saw them a few weeks ago and thought they looked good for the price but then realised they were toyo 1s. might risk it though as my wepr 1 isnt the nicest of things to look at.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:)

My and my mate dropped the engine in last night. We just need to finish off by giving it a thorough clean and put everything else back together.

I bought a TD04 through eBay which turned out to be a piece of crap so hopefully I can visit the seller for a refund today. However I need another one asap! I can get hold of a VF23 but not sure how well it would work at 1 bar.

Don't get confused guys, this car isn't being resprayed!

The engines now in, there's just a few little things to get sorted before getting her running. I can't fit the turbo kit until I can get a brace welded to the manifold and an actuator bracket welded to the turbo, which will all happen next week. It's only test fitting in the picture below.

P1040288.jpg

717ed050.jpg

f5691f4f.jpg

Yes it really does need cleaning badly :rolleyes:

I also fitted one of the new ID-Workz fenders. So easy to fit, drill the marked holes out and pop them on. I'm pleased with the job my supplier did with these.

5965b3ba.jpg

7b28549c.jpg

As you can see the new wheels are also fitted, as is the suspension. The engine is also now rocking an Exedy Ceramic plate clutch and a Powerflex rear mount.

More coming soon.

Idrees

did you get them off ebay, think i saw them a few weeks ago and thought they looked good for the price but then realised they were toyo 1s. might risk it though as my wepr 1 isnt the nicest of things to look at.

you will be better off sticking with your wepr one mate. the toyo stuff is cheap rubbish. i seen a ct9 one cracked all over the place

the other week and the flange on it that bolts to the head was like a bannana!

have you had a straight edge on the flanges on it idrees, are they flat?

Thanks guys, your nice words are appreciated :lol:

Steve they would be the cherry on top for yours!

Daz it's just the holes where they bolt on, so easy to do. The reason they don't come from factory like that is to keep costs down for you guys. The holes are clearly marked out and it took me 3-4 minutes to drill them, then simply bolted them on like the original wings.

Awesome :ph34r:

Here are a few pictures taken a couple of days ago.

P1040339.jpg

P1040347.jpg

P1040340.jpg

P1040343.jpg

P1040345.jpg

It sits a little high so I will probably get another set of coilovers in the future to lower it more.

Anyway, the new engine is running and sounds sweet :) and is running well so far. The exhaust is blowing somewhere around the turbo, I used those rubbish gaskets supplied with the manifold and I think that was a mistake. :lol:

A quick spec list:

Replacement 4EFTE (80k miles)

Toyosports TD04 kit - The manifold has an added brace and a custom actuator bracket was fabricated to fit

Race-tech braided water and oil pipes

Genuine Subaru gaskets

Exedy Organic clutch

Samco coolant hoses

Japspeed exhaust

Japspeed FMIC

Green cotton relocated air filter

15x7" Sparco Crimson NS2's

ID-Workz upper front strut brace

Tanabe shocks and spings

I have a few bits for this from a new breaker too..

Early spec indicators

Uncut front bumper (will help hide the black intercooler)

Bonnet hinges as these ones are bent badly

Knock sensor

I have a busy couple of days so this won't progress much just yet.