Nearly died on saturday!

Gotta get this off my chest, scared the beejezus out of me!

It was 11:30pm on staurday and i was dropping the mrs home, i am just about to turn into her road, when i see a car coming out so i slowed down to let it leave as did the car behind me, but i edged into the middle of the road to take the turning and to let the guy behind me past. As im coming to a stop i notice this guy coming out (in a red ford fiesta mk3 with full beam on) is heading straight at me and i mean 2/3s of the way over my side of the road! I just about managed to swerve outta the way and miss him and the guy behind was still waiting.

So understandably my heart's beating ten to the dozen and Vikki was crying, the guy behind me looked horrified too. She's thinking i'm a goner and i'm thinking don't u dare hit my car you **** (typical, i worry bout the car she worries bout me lol).

So i cautiously drop her home, wait a few mins and drive off, first car i see is a red fiesta, so i head in the opposite direction, he doesn't follow thank god.

When i wake up next morning there's a text waiting for me from Vikki, "a man in a red fiesta mk3 was killed in a head on collision in greenhithe (2mins away in the direction he was going) he was tested and proved positive for drugs.

So he probably was headed for me and didn't care, lucky i moved really. Just wanted to let you guys know i nearly lost my dreams of a Glanza, possibly my legs, his engine was revving so hard in first, and you could've lost a moderator.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fuck me man! that is indeed lucky, if you wasnt such a good driver then you wud'va hurt urself alot and mayb more!!

people like that really **** me off, they take drugs... drive and therefore put other pedestrians and drivers at risk.

i know how you feel to be unhurt and still in 1 piece.

1 of my mates was racing this lotus elise down back roads and the elise decided to overtake on a blind corner, he then hit a mercedes round about 100mph, totally spun his car out and died.

The mercedes had a middle aged man who was alright and a 80yr man who was seriously injured.

This kind of driving i hate!

Eric

holy shit dude. glad your ok!

i know what you mean.

my g/f knows a girl whos brother is constantly on coke, and drives everywhere as fast as possable, she needed a lift somewhere once and this guy ended up giving her a lift, she arrived at back shaking and afraid for her life, it turns out that he was going down the local lanes (which i dont dare go any faster than 60 down) at 90-100mph.

i was fuming... if people are gonna drive like twats, do it on your own, down a empty road and if you kill yourself you its your tough shit. at least you dont endanger other people in the process.

he now thinks its funny to play chicken with me down the same lanes and caused me to go right up on the verge the other day almost ripping my bumper off...

it turns out that he was pissed and high on coke at the same time on that day.

it makes me sick.

just glad you an your mrs are ok mate.

Rich.

no, whenever i see him hes in the pub with about 8 of his mates.

ive been told to leave him alone, apparently he does this to start shit with people.

f*ck him, im not gonna give him the satisfaction.

Rich.

Fuck me sideways and call me Jane thats unbelievable...Just really glad u and your g/f are ok mate seriously (and of course Geoff too). That kinda shit aint funny, if dicks wana do that shit they shouldnt endanger innocent bystanders, they have no Goddamn right to cause injury or worse to other people. Like Rich says, if they wana do that shit fuck off down some empty road and just kill themselves or drive off a bloody peir, dont hurt innocent people!!!! Glad your all ok mate.

Rich mate I know your pissed, and understandably so, I'd be lookin to hurt him too, but there's a always another time and place and like u say dont give him the satisfaction. Its the same shit here, boys cuase u shit, but if u do anything about it their 'mates' show up by the car load within ten mins, and they dont believe in fair fights, esp as they're from over here if u catch my drift. Just take care mate! My car still needs your know-how :lol:

Phil.

sheet, thats well bad, glad you're ok though, maybe life changing experience, you could be dead now, think about all the things you never achieved and would be gutted if you was dead, like never own a glanza, so as a result of this, I think you should go out and buy a glanza :lol:

Close call buddy, glad to hear you didn't have to pay for someone elses stupidity! Driving defensively is becoming more and more nessary these days :lol:

...but if you do anything about it their 'mates' show up by the car load within ten mins, and they dont believe in fair fights, esp as they're from over here if you catch my drift...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They don't know me, perhaps I should pop up :lol:

Sorry to hear such tragic news, sorry I haven't been browsing lately on the forum .... :lol: but when reading this topic, it really made my heart beat fast, i really felt the fear from reading it from being in your shoes.

But best of all is that iam glad you are alright and your partner too. There has been a lot of accidents lately on the roads around my area and also deaths, so be aware at all times, always check your rear view mirror even when you are stationary waiting at the lights, you never know whats coming up behind you.

Take it easy everyone,especially the winter has come and more wet roads, don't over do fast driving in this weather.