• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fuck knows mate. i put some 20mm spacers all round on mine, back 1s were a pain in the arse to get the wheels not to catch but realy did make a difference in the looks. have a look ing my build thread theres some pictures in there somwhere.

Well as always with these moneypit cars just as one thing gets sorted another arises !

Just thought I'd take her for a spin to pickup my daughter a mile up the road, all was fine till I got back and found the rear drivers side disc glowing and smelling rather bad :)

Fortunately shorty and grant were round earlier grant said he had one spare on a gt he is breaking ! :D

Talk about a love hate relationship lol

• 2 weeks later...

I just went down to the local fabric shop john, it's far from finished but at least I have room in the back for my camping gear and stuff for jae now...

Daz, why aren't u coming to jae? I may have two spare tickets available later as a friend of mine maybe pulling out

I just went down to the local fabric shop john, it's far from finished but at least I have room in the back for my camping gear and stuff for jae now...

Daz, why aren't u coming to jae? I may have two spare tickets available later as a friend of mine maybe pulling out

got work commitments i carnt get out of mate, :( joys of being self employed! was in 2 minds weather or not to keep hold of my ticket just in case but rather some1 else had it than it go in the bin!

Well we started yesterday doing the rear caliper and front discs and pads which went on easily

e399c0d8.jpg

Then this morning we set about doing the engine And gearbox poly bushes which all fittedand went in easy too

d465daeb.jpg

Then after that we removed the old rad attached the fan tO the new one and started installing it into the car. Just as we were comin to the end of the job I went to attach the top and bottom hoses to find that my silicone ones didn't fit which was potentially a massive problem for getting her back on the road today!

Anyway after a few Panic calls to mr mike b and mr rob 2.2 we had to goto ferndown and rob kindly removed his hoses from his starlet and is letting me use them whilst mike was up trents pulling hoses off of cars for me as well!!

By the way , cheers guys

Anyway the rads now on and working well the engine poly mounts vibrate the car like hell but it's wicked and ready for next week yeyyyy

292ec934.jpg

ff0fdbbe.jpg

they do go on mate but are very tight. always put the on the rad out the car so you got all the room you need to wrestle them on! i put the hose in some boiling water for a few mins and wd40 the rad outlet and with a bit of a fight they do go on! what make were the rad hoses?

I got it on dan but it tore it as it was so tight!

Anyway this was the driverside engine mount issue I found too lol

bf11714d.jpg

All melted and not even connected lol, the only quibble I now have is that the screamer pipe is about 15mm from the bottom hose ! Its not gonna touch as nothing moves at all and I have heatwrapped it so fingers crossed it'll be ok

Fitted my rear Benin tow eye earlier

dd081b85.jpg

The front has a great spot but I gotta make a bracket up

Also finally attached my stickon numberplate

4a5d7407.jpg

26c8b528.jpg

Then after years I actually fitted an airfilter lol it was a tight squeeze but it needed to be done, I've been runnin gauze for the last few years

0e48b888.jpg

47218640.jpg

1fdd3837.jpg

I will miss the sound of the spoolup but it may last a little longer now!