Anyone ever passed an MOT without your CAT on?

Cool, mine is 1995 though so i dont think it comes under that Jap import clause which makes the restrictions easier to get through. I'll guess i just have to make sure they put it in as the right class as a few times with older cars, the idiots have put it through as the wrong type!

havent had a cat since I've had the car never a problem, 4 MOTs passed no issues

Just get the tester to put the milage through as miles and not kilometers, the higher the milage the more lea way you get to a certain extent as it's classed as a worn engine, my 97 glanza passed with 138,000 "miles" on the clock and no cat!

nice one ill be sure to do that!

Just get the tester to put the milage through as miles and not kilometers, the higher the milage the more lea way you get to a certain extent as it's classed as a worn engine, my 97 glanza passed with 138,000 "miles" on the clock and no cat!

How would you put the cat back on anyway? Wouldnt fit the TD04

But yea you shouldnt have a problem, they wont find GT Turbo on the database, plus if its a 95 it just goes through the basic idle test

Well fook me i didnt even think about that, it better bloody go through then!

How would you put the cat back on anyway? Wouldnt fit the TD04

But yea you shouldnt have a problem, they wont find GT Turbo on the database, plus if its a 95 it just goes through the basic idle test

never needed a cat with my GT mate

make sure before you take it to the tester he understands that theres no UK equivalent and only a basic emissions test is needed :(

should sail straight through

mines a 93, put it through with a gutted cat and it failed they made it do the full emissions test, had to get a cat to pass, i would change it as its less hassle than failing and then having to fit it anyway and get it in for a resit. :lol:

yout MOT tester must have tested it as a UK n/a starlet then

before you take it always make sure they know its an imported tuirbo and theres no UK equivalent to match it to on the database so they cant run a full emissions test

Cool, mine is 1995 though so i dont think it comes under that Jap import clause which makes the restrictions easier to get through. I'll guess i just have to make sure they put it in as the right class as a few times with older cars, the idiots have put it through as the wrong type!

you shouldnt need a cat as there is no uk spec of the ep82, 91's should need a cat as there is a uk spec one

Out of curiosity, is anyone here an MOT tester and know for a fact this is true about there being no match on their database and having to do a basic idle test?

Don't want to be telling a buddy how to suck eggs or my car will fail for me being a dick :lol: I don't think enough testers know enough about emissions on imports tbh.

When my Gt had a ct9 running 1bar it passed a full emissions test with a decat no probs.