Idrees's Sr - Yellow Glanza Replica

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers guys

@Sparky yeh a mate sat in the back while I took the pics because he was freezing in this shitty weather. I wish it low as that all the time!! Depends how its parked though, sometimes its about that low when parked facing downhill.

I'll put them side repeaters up for sale once I've got some pics of them :p

@Riko its a proper Glanza replica and the FMIC helps that. If you totally didn't know this car and it cruised past you, you'd have no doubts about it being an imported JDM Glanza-V ;)

Sorry idrees mate but i have to agree with riko on the front mount! Looks tacky as it aint actually a turbo!

Might even give the fte a bad name if someone blows you at the lights or summin :p

(not meaning to sound chavvy ;) but you get my drift)

Otherwise car is looking awesome

im sorry idrees, but im with riko and muddyell on this one.

i am absolutely blown away by the work you've done, and the car looks amazing.

but i think the front mount is a little too far... it suits it because it looks exactly like a glanza, but because its a n/a it'll put a downer on all the hard work you've done imo.

sorry mate, just my opinion.

Thanks for the comments :p

When I bought it I knew some people would be against the idea but I want to try and see how I could use it as an air intake too, and mainly got it because I like the look of it

Picked up a few bits yesterday, just finishing touches like clips for the scuttle panel, sticky pads for the number plate, wiring and switch for front fogs, jubilee clips for FMIC pipes and also picked up some new indicator units as the clips on my old ones were broken. I might paint these in a different style too, something like the late spec Glanza ones ;)

Also picked up a new soldering iron with some solder and I've been neatening all the wiring up today. Still got alot left to do, just doing it for peace of mind really.

sorry mate..have to agree with all the others on the FMIC thing....basically, i would feel a right tit if someone came up to me and said "Is your's a turbo then?" you obvioulsy say"No" "why do you have a FMIC then?" The you have to go on and explain that its an n/a and you are going to use it as an induction kit etc.

indeed it does look good, but its pretty pointless....i cant also see how you are going to be able to turn this into an induction kit?! How do you think you are going to do it?

Rob

Oh yeah. splitter looks great :p ;)

@ Tucka I got them from Toyota, they're just the lenses modified to fit the stock cluster unit. Part numbers are in the correct section, and they're from the Reflet model Starlet.

@ Si yeah I think they are, I'll double check today if they are actually TRD mate.

@ Sparky I've been thinking about doing that, hence me being after some FMIC piping! And on the other side maybe I could just leave it open and it so no shit gets in there. Gonna play around with a TMIC first seen as though we have a spare one with piping. If that works, the FMIC will work too then I can go ahead with getting piping made for it!

The leads originally came from RHD Japan for £80.

love it!!! the front spliutter makes sooo much difference and i really like the wheel nuts.

fmic- hu cares, tho it does add extra weight..

one thing i would sugest is a pinstrip round the allloys (ino u prob already thort nd discareded tht idea) just to highlight them, just an idea.

otherwise its top notch!

tom

Cheers for the comments

@ Ian how my brothers telling me to use it, need some piping to start off with!

@ Tommy it doesn't weigh much at all :rolleyes:

I did have a yellow pinstripe on the rims, if you look a few pages back you'll see pics with it on. Took it off though becuase it showed the wheels are kinda small, look like 15s without the stripe!