Akyakapotter's Forged Glanza V

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put it in for mot on Saturday unfortunately it failed on nearside cv boot and handbrake at 15% :( made a start on the cv boot yesterday hasn't gone well. Cv joint is rusted into the hub :( got pissed off so took the lot of by cutting the inner cv boot off. Got new one but they didn't fit so I'm with out a car now. Not sure what to do about the hand brake. I did adjust the nut on the handbrake going to slacken it back off see if they bite better annoyed with the car but this pic made me a little less pissed off lol DSC_003_edit_1398584340996.jpg

Edited by akyakapotter

16% is the minimum efficiency your allowed, get the car in the air and lube and work then hand brake mech on the rear caliper I did mine a few weeks back as after it was put back on the road me hand brake did not work, now it works lovely

16% is the minimum efficiency your allowed, get the car in the air and lube and work then hand brake mech on the rear caliper I did mine a few weeks back as after it was put back on the road me hand brake did not work, now it works lovely

Come do it for me I'll pay you in kindness :) p.s it was 15% lol

Edited by akyakapotter

So car is being a bitch as above it failed on cv boot and handbrake. think I've sorted the hand brake new discs and pads and loosened the cable on the hand brake inside the car. The cv boot on the otherhand what a bitch cv joint is siezed into the hub would not budge. So an easy job had turned into me having to take drive shaft and hub off and replace both boots and just my luck royal fail are taking there time delivering my stuff. sure my car knows it's japfest soon need this fresh mot sorted.

Feel for u feller sometimes a good whack with a copper ended hammer and loads of wd works.

As for the post well sometimes I Think carrier pigion quicker

Used loads of wd40 and a lump hammer wouldn't budge.

Yep royal mail suck hopefully turns up today.

Edited by akyakapotter

Car is still fighting me inner cv boot isn't right boot distorts when put on and clip isn't big enough.contacted the seller and it's being looked into alot of swearing happened tonight. So tomorrow off to local motor factors as need it Done for Tuesday as it mot retest. On a good note ordered an ignition overhaul kit from td yesterday turned up today and fitted it looks alot better. Still got box and engine oil to change aswell.

DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

IMG-20140502-WA0000.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

Edited by akyakapotter
  • akyakapotter changed the title to Akyakapotter's Forged Glanza V