• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks buddy, I try my best to keep the updates coming :-)

Rubbish picture but here is my engines water plug with a m10x1.5 thread put in the middle

DSC_0523_1.jpg

And a m10x1.5 to an6 fitting in the middle of it

DSC_0525.jpg

Mock up fit, water feed

DSC_0528.jpg

DSC_0531.jpg

Fits perfect :-D

Just the radiator to be welded and a few more fittings to arrive for the water return

Rob.

Nah I havnt got it sorted yet :-( engineering places are open until 5 and it's really busy at work so I don't get home till 7-8ish and I work weekends too so it's just a case of when I can get some time off tbh

Rob.

Bought some k sport front coilovers, there not brilliant but I'll be using the top mounts and keeping the rest as spares, should make the bay look better

DSC_0538_1.jpg

DSC_0540.jpg

And my hondata s300 v3 ecu!

DSC_0535.jpg

DSC_0536_1.jpg

Plug and play :-D

DSC_0537_1.jpg

Rob.

• 2 weeks later...

The reason for no updates is due to a new daily, my bmw 320d was too unreliable so I had to save my pennies and go buy a new car.. This is what I bought :-)

06 volkswagen passat 2.0litre tdi 140bhp 6 speed

DSC_0551.jpg

DSC_0552.jpg

DSC_0550.jpg

DSC_0544.jpg

And I must say I bloody love it :-D

Window tints, hids, wind deflectors are happening with the possibility of new wheels later on :-)

Plan is to have a tow bar fitted as these weigh 1600kg so if I can get a trailer that weighs 500-700kg, I should be able to tow it with my glanza on it as that weighs around the 875kg-925kg mark legally without doing my b+e :-)

Rob.

Edited by Glanza Mac
  • 5 months later...

Whatever happened to this? You can only tow 750kg legally anything more you need b+e regardless of the weight of your vehicle. I just did my trailer test last month :)

Taken straight from dvla/.gov site...

Licences held from 1 January 1997

If you passed your driving test after 1 January 1997 and have an ordinary category B (car) licence, you can:

drive a vehicle up to 3,500kg MAM towing a trailer of up to 750kg MAMtow a trailer over 750kg MAM as long as the combined MAM of the trailer and towing vehicle is no more than 3,500kg

For anything heavier you need to take acategory B+E driving test.

I often tow a fair crack, going by the second

Statement, am I miss reading it?

Was test hard?

Taken straight from dvla/.gov site...

Licences held from 1 January 1997

If you passed your driving test after 1 January 1997 and have an ordinary category B (car) licence, you can:

drive a vehicle up to 3,500kg MAM towing a trailer of up to 750kg MAMtow a trailer over 750kg MAM as long as the combined MAM of the trailer and towing vehicle is no more than 3,500kg

For anything heavier you need to take acategory B+E driving test.

I often tow a fair crack, going by the second

Statement, am I miss reading it?

Was test hard?

If you passed before 97 your allowed to tow say caravan through grandad rights I'm not sure exactly how much but it depends on your vehicle weight ( obviously) It all goes off weight I'm sure it's anything over 750kg you have to sit the test. The trailer size to pull a car is probably going to be a good 500kg to start with.. like at work the van probably weighs a good 3500 the weight I tow with trailer might be just over half that I still had to take the test just because the weights over 750kg it's worth doing it took me 3 attempts I did it in my work van it was a 40foot length vehicle with trailer usually people do it in a smaller vehicle like a xtrail which will be 10 times easier to pull out at mini roundabouts lol I can now pull a caravan and anything at least 2600kg with trailer.

• 5 months later...

Firstly I will start off the reason as to why I have been away from here for so long..

I got bored of the build not going my way, taking to long and I was just losing the love for it to be truthful so I got my enjoyment back out of karting which is my other hobby so I put alot of money into this..

2015 intrepid kz chassis which was last raced by the verstappen family abroad powered by a tuned tm 125cc gearbox engine

FB_IMG_1463690636506.jpg

As you can imagine I had no budget to carry on my build and race this.

I've done a few meetings which I loved and everything was great but then my friends were going to car shows etc and I just missed the car scene too much so I have decided to go all out on the car once again :-)

So, I got my radiator sorted so I can run my turbo hot water feed to the bottom of it

DSC_0239_1.jpg

DSC_0240_2.jpg

Radiator and turbo cooling is now all fully functional with no leaks

Next step was to plumb in my intercooler route

Few mock fits with bits and pieces I had about already and eventually alot of bits of pipe arriving through the post

DSC_0225_1.jpg

DSC_0226_1.jpg

DSC_0291_1.jpg

DSC_0292_1.jpg

And it's all complete until I get another tial bov and put that back into the route as I sold it so I can buy a black one to match my 44mm wastegate

DSC_0289_3.jpg

The route is 2.5inch from the turbo to the intercooler and then 3inch from the intercooler to the inlet as I've done a bit of research and the Americans have seen good results from doing it this way.

The car runs, drives and actually boosts. It's the first time in 3 years that the car has hit boost, all be it is only running wastegate pressure of 0.3 bar which is around 4 psi, I atleast know that it is all plumbed up correctly.

It will be a while until it gets mapped and hitting full boost as I still have many things to sort out.

76mm downpipe back exhaust to be made

Tial 50mm bov

Injector dynamics 1000cc injectors

Ecu as I've sold the S300 I had as it was just dead money sat there

Front end rebuild to sort the slam panel out

Rocker cover breathers

Etc etc

But I have spoke to Dean at RW Development to get the ball rolling about the exhaust, front end and rocker cover being sorted so progress is being made! I'll keep you updated :-)

Rob.