• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So the car is now on the road :-)

Found a fair few problems that needs to be sorted with one main one being that my fuel pump may be on its way out as it will only go up to 2.5-3 bar of pressure so I'm really under fueling on acceleration, fpr adjusted many many times and makes no difference, blocked off the return and still the pressure will not increase so a new larger pump will be ordered, possibly an aem 320lph pump but it's nice to just have it out of the garage atlast :-)

Few pictures from yesterday

DSC_0325.jpg

DSC_0326.jpg

DSC_0327_2.jpg

DSC_0329.jpg

DSC_0330_2.jpg

DSC_0331_2.jpg

DSC_0332_1.jpg

DSC_0333_2.jpg

Rob.

Pretty awesome build Rob took a while to read all the pages the effort though 😫😂 but it was well worth it. Think im getting the hype for the Vtec again lol not sure about being a carbon nurd! 😉😁.Thought about a K20 swap in future or thats enough 😉?

Edited by tahiRR

Thanks mate :-)

I like k20's but I'm sure this thing finished will be more than enough but if it doesn't work/perform well with alot of boost then I would consider the K20 route or a b18c on tb's :-)

Rob.

• 4 weeks later...

How it looks at the minute :-)

_20160725_091400.jpg

FB_IMG_1469354562874.jpg

FB_IMG_1469354511681.jpg

FB_IMG_1469315276247.jpg

FB_IMG_1469315273562.jpg

FB_IMG_1469315270775.jpg

As you can see my front bumper is currently black as I've just bought it with a mc chu carbon front lip so I now have carbon front and rear lip and sideskirts :-D just need the 98 spec bumper painting white and it should look pretty good :-)

More parts to arrive for more power..

Tial 50mm bov in black ordered from td

340lph td fuel pump bought and fitted

Injector dynamics 1000cc injectors bought

Magnecore ht leads bought to get by on until I source cop

Also I have slightly upped the boost to just less than 6psi and it pulls well :-)

Really need it mapped as I think it will be an animal!

Rob.

• 2 months later...

So..

As some may know the forged engine let go :-(

DSC_0429_3.jpg

DSC_0428_2.jpg

DSC_0433_2.jpg

DSC_0442_3.jpg

DSC_0430_3.jpg

As you can see, it made a mess.

Assumption is that the engine wasn't built to correct tolerances and cylinder number 4 had spun a shell due to the rod bolts not being torqued up as I can't even find the missing arp bolt and as the pictures show that the crank had flattened off which then ended up with the crank grabbing the rod and smashing it to bits.. Bad times.

Anyway onwards and upwards :-)

Out the engine went

DSC_0371_2.jpg

As did the abs

DSC_0377_2.jpg

New shifter bush's

DSC_0403_1.jpg

Cut a long story short, a stock b18c4 engine was bought, so was a race spec rocker cover and a few other bits and bobs which will be posted up at a later date

Rocker cover powdercoated in burnt orange

DSC_0489_2.jpg

DSC_0488_2.jpg

Very nearly ready to run

DSC_0485_2.jpg

Currently making lines for my oil filter relocation and then she will be fired up :-)

Also bought then beautys too

15x8 buddy club p1's

DSC_0493.jpg

Snug fit with no spacers

DSC_0495.jpg

Rob.

Yeah pretty gutted but turns out the engine wasn't sleeved either like it was sold to be but no unfortunately no refund on the engine as it was second hand previously used before me but not to worry.

It's my 6th engine in this and no doubt it won't be the last :-P

Rob.

• 4 weeks later...

Had my bumper resprayed :-)

received_10207581289238221.jpeg

Need to Polish the rest of the car to match but it's the newer shade of 040 as the car will be having a Respray :-)

DSC_0530_1.jpg

Cadwell Park

Unfortunately didn't go as planned.

My nsf cv joint started to vibrate so I think the locking ring has split so the bearings where not going to stay in there long as it has happened before but I got a few pictures of it on track

XSP_4298.jpg

XSP_4260.jpg

XSP_4259.jpg

Plans for dss cv joints or complete shafts to be made for it as the standard ones just can't cope

Rob.

Few bits of progress

Tial 50mm bov arrived thanks to Mike at td and now fitted :-)

DSC_0543_1.jpg

DSC_0542_1.jpg

Ordered an Id workz fibreglass boot, carbon fibre number plate surround and I've bought some cv joints :-)

Also polished and waxed the car with a 12 month coat, partly because of the weather changing but also because I've been offered a spot for show and shine in a show called Mimms Honda day, rather happy and honoured so want to do us Toyota lads proud :-)

Rob.

Carbon fibre rear number plate recess had arrived :-D

DSC_0546.jpg

DSC_0548.jpg

Love it, should look awesome with the fibreglass boot when it eventually arrives

EP91-Tailgate-228x228_1.jpg

And I've bought some d1 spec carbon fibre aerolocks for the boot too :-D

Pictures to follow when they arrive

Rob.