• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope so :-) it's taking a while to save as I havnt got the best of jobs, house, dogs and a daily to run so it's as and when I have a few spare pennies to buy stuff but I will get there eventually :-)

Rob.

Rob was ment to ask you did you have to pay import chargers when ordering from Black Works Racing as i need to put an order in with them :)

You can drop me a PM if you prefer

Edited by Jamie_VF22

Went into the garage yesterday to remove my 4-2-1 to sell to a friend so after I did that I fitted my manifold :-)

Looks great but now I'm faced with some issues that comes with conversions

The manifold fouls my top cross member

DSC_0331_1.jpg

DSC_0332.jpg

And radiator

DSC_0334.jpg

DSC_0336.jpg

So I'll have to move my radiator over and reweld the mounts which may mean my radiator sitting on the piss unfortunately.

But anyway to solve my fouling manifold I have done a temporary fix

Undid the wiring from the slam panel

DSC_0333_1.jpg

This will all need to be extended and all run lower down the front of the chassis and this is why

out came the grinder

DSC_0338.jpg

DSC_0337.jpg

This looks horrible and it felt horrible doing it but I've done it this way so I could shut my bonnet until I get some round bar and make a front end for it like what you see on the time attack cars etc...

I say so I can shut my bonnet but I bloody can't!.. Because my manifold fouls on my bonnet where the bonnet is slightly bodged underneath to add strength near the bonnet catch, so this gives me very little option..

1. I cut away at the fouling part of my bonnet, maybe fibre glass it back up in a different shape after?

2. Cut a large peice of the bonnet away including the bonnet latch itself and have bonnet pins

3. Buy a fibreglass bonnet and chop that instead of the carbon varis one

4. Don't turbo the bloody thing

Nah 4 isn't an option haha

Rob.

Yeah I'm re routing the wiring lower down away from the manifold etc and bonnet pins does seem the best way

I've just payed for the downpipe to match the manifold lol

I don't mind taking a peice out of the bonnet as it shouldn't effect it too much and it's not like this car is going to be broken down any time soon as this car will be buried with me lol

Rob.

Spent a little time in the garage last night

Sprayed my odd incidator black, can you tell which?

DSC_0347_1.jpg

Removed my vents from my varis bonnet and my undertray to see if my bonnet would close but it's still not enough.

Anyway I sprayed the vents black to make them more suttle

DSC_0349_1.jpg

DSC_0350_1.jpg

DSC_0351_1.jpg

Also removed all the tape and mounting points on the wiring at the front to see what sort of job I have on my hands, turns out I won't have to extend the wiring too much and I removed my hids as they looked untidy.

DSC_0352_1.jpg

DSC_0353_1.jpg

DSC_0356_1.jpg

Still this side to sort but I have the abs delete ready to fit so I can remove this lot

DSC_0354_1.jpg

Also paid for the garret 4 bolt. 82 housing for my turbo, getting closer :-)

Rob.

New housing arrived :-D

DSC_0358_1.jpg

DSC_0359_1.jpg

Cut the rest of my slam panel... Good bye

DSC_0361_1.jpg

Trial fit of the turbo

DSC_0365.jpg

I think it's going to be close!

DSC_0367.jpg

DSC_0369.jpg

Not enough for a direct fit filter

DSC_0370.jpg

Wastegate trial fitted

DSC_0375_1.jpg

Going to have to make a fairly long screamer to reach down lower to the floor and away from the radiator.. Somehow

DSC_0379.jpg

Fairly close fit all round

DSC_0364.jpg

Wiring job will be done as and when I get time but I'll keep updates :-)

Rob.

Would've been so easy to just go to racetech and say. Make this turbo kit first perfectly in there without cutting anything.

Fair play though dude for DIY and persisting to make it work. :) I'm looking forward to hearing it. Maybe we should start 8500rpm + Glanza club :p

Would've been so easy to just go to racetech and say. Make this turbo kit first perfectly in there without cutting anything.

Wheres the fun it that though? May aswell ask him to shag yer missus aswell haha :p

I'm doing it on a budget tho tbh and it's getting there slowly, I know the bwr stuff flows well so rather cut a few things than compromise performance :-)

Haha I don't think we would have many members tho :-P

Rob.

Exactly. Na you miss my point. That's what's I mean. Fair play for doing it DIY.... Takes balls to start cutting and chopping your pride and joy like that lol.

I wouldn't have dared cut my chassis leg open to clear my gearbox. That's for sure.

Lol. You scared you might enjoy that. Me and you. Singing the rpms away on a hot summers night....

LOL