• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't updated this in a while.

The piston rings have gone, so I have clouds of blue smoke. Instead of pulling the engine out, I'm going to take the head and sump off, disconnect the con-rods and pull the pistons out that way. I can't be assed with the hassle of pulling everying thing out.

My Tomie FPR is not adjusting and its running rich a fook, haven't decided what FPR to go with yet, still stuck between FSE & Sard.

So this leads me on to my next plans.

Got a Cruise gear knob, I wasn't in when DHL came today so, its being delivered again on Monday.

Once the above work is completed, its going for a re-map. I've opted for a Unichip, its going to be on the dyno for about six hours and get a really good map set up, with all the extras.

Edited by chrisgreen1993

This finally arrived:

http://s1054.photobucket.com/user/cgreen1993/media/P1000155_zps57d04774.jpg.html'>P1000155_zps57d04774.jpg

Not a great pic though.

Gave her a good wash

http://s1054.photobucket.com/user/cgreen1993/media/P1000154_zpsde410bb8.jpg.html'>P1000154_zpsde410bb8.jpg

On with other news...

I have purchased a nice unique part from a Triumph...

Any guesses?

Nice knob ;) I like the gauge positions you have to, but i do love my cup holders haha

Bike throttles?

Cheers haha, I liked them when I first put them in, but you can really see when driving. I'm consider moving them and getting cup holders my self, I miss the coffee on the way to work.

Indeed, should be here in a couple of days :)

Edit: Whooo 4 pages :yahoo:

Edited by chrisgreen1993

Ahh good point. I think its ryan had his center heater vents removed and gauges put in there. Then had the dash flocked That looked soo good!

Ahah nice, will be a bit of tinkering to get setup but good once they're on and working correctly :)

Ahh good point. I think its ryan had his center heater vents removed and gauges put in there. Then had the dash flocked That looked soo good!

Ahah nice, will be a bit of tinkering to get setup but good once they're on and working correctly :)

I would love to take the centre vents out and mount gauges there. Would look awesome. I wouldn't want to attempt fibreglassing though.

I've been following a build on Toronto Paseo club, the TPS only needs a bit of tweaking with the bodies I've gone for, shouldn't be too difficult. I'm hoping (famous last words)

Cracked on tonight with making the ITB's.

I got myself a cheap n/a intake Mani (courtesy of Jay on TGTT) to use.

I cut the runners away from the base, so i basically have a nice flange. (that doesn't sound quite right, but any way)

Tomorrow, I shall be welding on some stubs to the flange and tidying it up a bit.

Edited by chrisgreen1993

The throttle bodies I ordered arrived today, they are off a 2001 Triumph TT600, I picked them up off eBay for £60.00 inc delivery. First thing I noticed, was the TPS look identical to the on which is already on the standard TB. Later tonight, I'm going to take it off and have a quick look. I may have struck a total win, if the are identical, I will simply swap them over, which should save a lot of hassle. If they are the same, I will try plugging the TPS in to the loom tonight and see if I get an error message.

I am going to have to make up a bracket to hold the throttle cable, which shouldn't be too difficult as I have a friend with a welder.

Vacuum chamber wise, I am going to use a Blox Racing 6-port vacuum manifold, which can be picked up for around $40.00. PCV I will do away with this and have a race spec rocker cover made up.

Anyway here is the flange:

http://s1054.photobucket.com/user/cgreen1993/media/WP_20130520_001_zps0636d567.jpg.html'>WP_20130520_001_zps0636d567.jpg

And here is the ITB's

http://s1054.photobucket.com/user/cgreen1993/media/WP_20130521_001_zps4694eb34.jpg.html'>WP_20130521_001_zps4694eb34.jpg

http://s1054.photobucket.com/user/cgreen1993/media/WP_20130521_002_zps43e48c8e.jpg.html'>WP_20130521_002_zps43e48c8e.jpg

Let me know what you guys think!

Great plans, it would be a right old touch if the tps is the same.

It would be excellent if it was, but I'm not holding out much hope.

As the saying goes, if it looks too good to be true it probably is.

ITB's look good. Absolute winner if the TPS match up!

Cheers dude!

looks awesome dude :) hoping its the same tps for you :)

Thanks Ryan.

Well the bad news it the plugs aren't the same, however it is a 3 pin TPS, so Im going to have a search on triumph forums etc, so see what pin does what.

I will try 2 different routes with this:

1) cut the plug off and connect up a triumph TPS. Hopefully the ECU wont reject the different TPS.

2) swap the TPS' over as they look exactly the same in size. Will have a closer look tomorrow.

If its just the plastic lugs on the side of the tps try filing them off?

I had to do this to a plug on my car was like the fan switch plug from a starlet on the sensor on the 20v and the lug on the sensor was in a different position but it works fine

Either way, progress is looking good, be keeping an eye on this :)

Edited by morgey

If its just the plastic lugs on the side of the tps try filing them off?

I had to do this to a plug on my car was like the fan switch plug from a starlet on the sensor on the 20v and the lug on the sensor was in a different position but it works fine

Either way, progress is looking good, be keeping an eye on this :)

There is an extra lug on the bottom, will give it a go tomorrow. If it works and works right i will have hit the jack pot lol. Cheers pal!

Keep it up chris, cant beat the sound of carbs going up the road :D

Ps keeping my car now :thumbsup:

Thanks dude, though you might lol. 4 months isn't long to wait, gives you a chance to sort out some tasty mods!