• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers dude!

On with the progress, engine is out, stripped and currently being honed as I type this.

Going a grab some dinner and beer, then start building her back up.

Will report back later with photos!

Cheers Phil, the ball is rolling!

Well there was an epic battle tonight, between the heat, the engine and of course the beer! Needless to say the beer eventually won after a few persuasive texts and I ended up in the pub!

Progress was still made, crank is back in, bores honed, pistons in.

Tomorrow should see, the lot put back together and possibly running!

Cheers fellas, I will do!

Not alot got done today. Took a few valves out to have a gander and see what the story with them was. The valve stem oil seals were replaced, but they were not ground in.

So in the progress of sorting this out.

My new oil pump has not been delivered, so I probably won't received it until Tuesday due to the bank holiday tomorrow.

Didn't really get as much done as I wanted, but hey, I'm off work on Monday and Tuesday and there is always next weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Those throttle bodies sound fucking mint! Can't wait to see this up and running, would love to know what sort of power it's chucking out when it's finished, it's making me want a tuned N/A Starlet lol.

Cheers guys!

Those throttle bodies sound fucking mint! Can't wait to see this up and running, would love to know what sort of power it's chucking out when it's finished, it's making me want a tuned N/A Starlet lol.

Thanks dude, won't be running the throttle bodies until this weekend or next, I'm going to play it safe while running the engine in. I'm eager to know as well. I plan on getting it mapped within the next month or so, power figues to come shortly.

Do it lol!

Thanks guys, I really need to get the photos uploaded. I've a few small things to sort out tonight, shouldn't take too long. Can't wait to put some miles on her and get the ITB's on!

I'm so glad that she is put back in and running sweet, fingers crossed there will be no issues this time.

Woho. I love the engine!!! :yahoo: Really great build. I will follow this engine... And the rest of the car that goes around it :p Sounds great!!

Cheers dude!

Nearly there, engine running 100% perfect went to go for a drive last night and had no gears :sad:

Gear linkages must have suffered some damage while wrestling the engine out - new ones are going in tonight.

Hopefully she will be good to go tonight!

Edited by chrisgreen1993