• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds very promising bud!

Phil.

Cheers dude!

Sounds good! Back on track :thumbsup:

Remix on for the 8th? :p

Back on track indeed! I think I've bumped the exterior mods up ahead of ECU - just for show season next year :p

It will indeed - been trying to hunt out a set of '98 spec fogs in a rush. Got some thanks to Greenmachine81.

busy weekend ahead bud :yahoo:

Going to be a mental one this weekend - will get those clocks wired in for you too.

I had to take a trip down to the Starlet Rehabilitation Centre aka The Costa yesterday with suspected headgasket failure. A ton of smoke and mis-firing on cylinder 4. Also a heavy oil leak where the engine number is stamped.

Compression test done 15.5 to 16 bar across all four, so head gasket and ring failure ruled out. Oil leak discovered at the distributor, solved with a new O ring. Plugs also changed.

Problems pointed towards the plug with smoke and mis-fire.

left the costa weened off the oil.

So a nice easy weekend of polishing and fitting a bumper turned into a nightmare, but massive thanks to Jay!

I had to take a trip down to the Starlet Rehabilitation Centre aka The Costa yesterday with suspected headgasket failure. A ton of smoke and mis-firing on cylinder 4. Also a heavy oil leak where the engine number is stamped.

Compression test done 15.5 to 16 bar across all four, so head gasket and ring failure ruled out. Oil leak discovered at the distributor, solved with a new O ring. Plugs also changed.

Problems pointed towards the plug with smoke and mis-fire.

left the costa weened off the oil.

So a nice easy weekend of polishing and fitting a bumper turned into a nightmare, but massive thanks to Jay!

Good to hear you got it sorted so quick! Was looking forward to seeing the bumper too! haha.

Back on track anyway :thumbsup:

Good to hear you got it sorted so quick! Was looking forward to seeing the bumper too! haha.

Back on track anyway :thumbsup:

Cheers Chris, not quite back on track yet, bumper still to go and and polishing to be done.

Also forgot to mention I tidied up the wiring for my gauges, ran out of heat shrink, so not as tidy as I would like it.

WP_20131130_001_zpsc7f218a1.jpg

F#%k S*$t W^•K C&#T

Arrrrhhh

Left by bumper and bonnet into the sprayers last Wednesday, not even looked at yet. Fuming doesn't describe it.

Not going to ready for the meet.

dont fret, im aiming for the 2014 christmas meet, in freeze your nuts off temperatures :)

and i still wont make it.

Phil

Edited by Philm