• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking good dude!

Phil.

Thanks Phil, depending if body parts arrive, you may get to see her in flesh at shows before the year is out.

I dont think they sell that sticker anymore :(,

Ill ask for a request lol

Here is one from China pal - http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hf-hellaflush-reflective-car-stickers-refires-jdm-car-stickers-super-natural-refit-na/988123306.html

Looks mint that chris!

Cheers Socks, its finally getting to where I want it to be.

Stop fucking about, get some proper cams and rev the cunt to 9k. :lol:

Looking forward to these vids

One funds allow, I will get some cams, but can't afford them at the moment. Just bought an AFC Neo to hold me over untill such times as a standalone ecu can be bought.

Videos soon, I promise :p

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't up dated this in a while so, here is the over due updates.

Whilst fitting the ITB's, I have to adapt, albeit with a hammer the dipstick tube due to clearance issues. I didn't really think much of it, but it has given me no end of trouble, shown below.

WP_20130822_001_zps49f3e313.jpg

WP_20130822_002_zps7d007077.jpg

WP_20130822_003_zpse5df4596.jpg

All sorted now though, so no biggy once I had established the issue.

Next up, Apexi AFC Neo, nice bit of kit, still not sure how to work all of the features although I have been experimenting with the fueling a bit.

WP_20130831_016_zps599af249.jpg

& Glanza seats I picked up a while ago.

WP_20130831_017_zps9e7e90cd.jpg

On to the next bit of news, now this has really f**king tested my patience. It all started a few weeks back when a member started breaking his EP91. I though to myself happy days, not many come up in this colour and I need a few panels. I now wish I never bothered as it has been no end of lies and sh*t.

I had explained I was wanting panels to prevent splashing out on a full respray. We agreed a price of £160.00 for the below parts.

1. Bonnet

2. Boot

3. Glanza Spoiler

4. Glanza Wing Mirrors

5. Glanza number plate recess

6. Glanza early spec lights

7. Glanza rear bumper

So, yeah all good, excellent bargain. After speaking to CityLink who wanted £300.00+, I picked up the phone and called a local haulage company, who agreed to collect everything for £100.00. Another total win, in my eyes.

Collection was arranged for a Thursday afternoon, it was originally agreed that the member would meet with the haulage company. An hour before the driver called me and informed that the members phone had been switched off. As you can now see things are going down hill. No sign of the member at the agreed collection point either. The haulage company the went to the address and waited for around 20 minutes, still no show from the member.

I got a call from the haulage company, at around 5 o'clock advising they could not collect the goods & the £100.00 fee I paid was non-refundable. By now I was really pi**ed off. I sent the member a few texts and finally got a reply on Sunday 'you got your money back.'

As you can all imagine, I was pretty livid.

A few weeks had passed, after hunting though classified trying to find replacement panels in the same colour with no luck I decided to try the member again. Agreed a price of £120.00 for everything above minus the spoiler. The haulage company were happy enough to try and collect again. All good.

I got a text on Wednesday morning 'I don't no if I can meet the driver now'. I then lost the plot. I had sent him and extra £40.00 to meet the driver at a location only 5 miles from his house. I really did not want to lose another £100.00, so I had to arrange a 'white van man' to collect from his property and meet him.

Everything got collected, minus the boot only to find out 'you didn't pay for boot'. I do have the messages to prove everything, and all is completely above board on my end.

On to the next disaster, received everything today, please bare in mind while looking at the photos, I was told there is a few small stone chips on the bonnet and everything else has been freshly resprayed.

WP_20130831_006_zps35a5b54a.jpg

WP_20130831_007_zps745701cb.jpg

WP_20130831_008_zpsf6a660e4.jpg

WP_20130831_001_zps0d98c45e.jpg

WP_20130831_002_zps8c5cf108.jpg

WP_20130831_003_zps915547ad.jpg

WP_20130831_004_zpsf3791bc8.jpg

WP_20130831_005_zpsff156b77.jpg

WP_20130831_010_zpsc335e38c.jpg

WP_20130831_011_zpsadbfa450.jpg

WP_20130831_012_zpsd2fc5b46.jpg

WP_20130831_014_zpsd72fe55a.jpg

WP_20130831_015_zps164f19f8.jpg

Cracked light, no mention of that!

WP_20130831_013_zpse3736d27.jpg

To sum everything up:

The member is liar or has sight issues

Freshly resprayed by someone wearing sunglasses in the dark with a rattle can

Either forgot the boot or is just dense

The only usable item, which does not need resprayed professionally is the number plate recess.

Total cost of this saga:

£120.00 for parts

£200.00 for delivery

£40.00 for a white van man

Total: £360.00 which would have sorted the bonnet and boot and been done professionally.

So back to the drawing board.

WP_20130831_019_zpsdced295d.jpg

WP_20130831_018_zps477199aa.jpg

A white van man is just a chap with a van that can do deliveries.

Well I've got the ball rolling with PayPal for item not as described.

I've started doing a lot of prep, I have the week off work, so I should get a fair bit done. Will hopefully have something positive to report shortly.

It is a real disappointment, considering I'm money down and still in the same place.

• 3 weeks later...

Few positive updates.

For the last five or six days, the car has been running like a bundle of shite to be completely honnest. Lost the head after eight hours on Friday trying to get to the bottom of things.

Had different injectors, leads, fuel regulators and still no joy. Between running different diagnostics and tests, I had completely lost interest in it. Was running on three cylinders too.

I did have another go tonight and had great success! All caused by a fecking spark plug. New set in and BAM - best it has ever ran.

Also did a compression test to elimate HG etc - 210psi across all four :yahoo:

Parcel came from Japland too...

WP_20130912_003_zpsaedda572.jpg

And my centre console surround

WP_20130912_001_zps571da333.jpg

Went to a meet on Saturday, some very nice motors indeed, but my pictures not so much.

WP_20130914_004_zps65991e4e.jpg

Got my refund for JTstarlet92 as well so things are definately on the up!

I have my bonnet and remix bumper away for paint too, unfortunately no timeframe as they are being painted FOC :D so should be able to report back with tasty updates soon.

Cheers mate, yeah was pretty annoyed with it at the weekend.

Got it of Jauce.com, JDM auction site.

Anyway, the car was running great tonight so...

I headed down to the local race track where my pal took a sneaky video on my phone. Apologies in advance for the poor quality, but I don't have a fancy gopro.

VIDEO

Edited by chrisgreen1993

What's the full spec now? Still on standard ECU and rev limit?

Now your asking haha erm, off the top of my head.

Engine

5e-fhe out of a '93 Sera

ACL Bearings

Lightened & Balanced Crank

Lightened & Balanced Flywheel

Head ported & polished

Excedy OEM spec clutch

NGK ignition leads

NGK irridum plugs

OBX headers

Fully japspeed s/s system modified to suit OBX

CJ performance lightwight pulleys

HKS earthing kit

Triumph tt600 ITB's

TRD thermostat

TRD oil filter

Tomei RRFPR

Tegiwa torque damper

Apexi AFC Neo

Interior

Glanza Seats

OMP rep steering wheel

Glowshift gauges (oil pressure, volts, Water temp)

JVC KD-X30 head unit

Sony Xplod 6x8s

Pioneer 10cm speakers

Optional extra boot mat

Carbon Fiber Effect centre console surround.

Exterior / Handling

Rota Slips 15's

Grooved discs

Greenstuff pads

KYB shocks - all replaced in 2011

Lowering springs

Whiteline RARB

Whiteline Droplinks

this is still on the 4efe ecu and distributor? how bout another video so we can see where you are shifting etc? really notice how quickly it revs, going to consider having my crank done since i'm going the same direction (but with higher compression :D )

Don't you just hate that 1st to 2nd bog with the c150 gearbox?

I'm using a 5e-fe ECU with an Apexi AFC neo. Still tuning the standard 4e-fe distributor.

I'm shifting just before the redline on the Paseo clocks, so around 6k.

Hopefully in the next couple of months, I plan on changing to a 6 speed corolla g6 gear box.

Any plans to run Standalone management? the fhe valve springs and cams are good for much more rpms, you barely scrape the peak of the power band by shifting at 6k. Also very jealous you guys have the c161 4efe 6 speed boxes avaliable to you, I'm considering going down the C56 gearbox route or a hybrid c150 with c140 1st 3rd and crownwheel. Specifically is your crank Knife edged? I would like to have mine done but 5e are rare as hens teeth and I would cry if anything were to go wrong with my crank in someone elses hands. Any plans for higher compression + water injection setup? :diablo:

No plans at the moment. Can't see much really happening with this over the next while to be honest. I have started saving for a new daily drive, due to running costs and comfort. I'm planning on buying a Lexus IS220d at the start of the year. Once I have a nice daily, I will look into other forms of engine management, maybe MS.

Not too sure on the gearbox codes, all I know is it comes from a Corolla G6 and had sorter ratios.

Crank is just lightened ever so slightly, but is balanced. Not knife edged.

Is the compression already not quite high? 210psi across all four?

I have no clue about water injection, what are the gains? Pros & Cons?