Picked up some gear linkages on Saturday morning, seen some awesome KP60s and headed back to fit them.

Gear linkages fitting in around 30mins and we were good to go...

But I had left my keys in a mates car on Friday, so I had to wait until he came back from work.

Went out for a quick run on Saturday afternoon, was going ok for about 10mins then BAM fuel leak.

Fuel leak sorted the was out driving last night and my speedo stopped working :sad:

'Evening officer, is there a problem?'

'Any idea how fast you where going there?'

'I haven't a fucking clue!'

Long story short I got left off with a warning and the speedo is now fixed.

Did some motorway miles today, around 150 miles or so and the car never missed a beat, so happy it is running well now. The mission this week is put as many miles on as possible and get a few oil changes done.

I have ordered up some tasty replacement panels to sort my many dents and should have them by the weekend. If all goes well this week ITB's should be fitted permanently too.

Unfortunately I don't any photos as my phone decided to stop working so I lost everything.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Phil, was mainly just teething problems, but all sorted now - nice and simple fixes.

First oil changed planned for tonight up around the 200 mile mark.

I'm really looking forward to the weekend and will get the ITB's on.

• 2 weeks later...

I was down at the costa tonight seeing Jay. I initially went down to pick up a standard fuel, regulator and lines.

After a bit of a yarn, Jay put the wideband on to have a look to see exactly what the feck was going on with the fueling.

Well... I was very surprised. What I thought was over fueling turned out to be extremely under fueling. A few tweaks with the reg and got some good results. Low 12's on WOT.

Jay is going to get a few graphs done up and compare the runs. I'm going to have a look to see what a n/a should be putting out.

I still need to do a few tweaks with the ITB's. I will run a remote adjust for the master butterfly and the other three are adjusted easy enough. The ignition timing needs a bit of tweaking too.

The car is running so much better a hell of a lot more responsive.

A huge thanks to Jay, I will be back down with a crate of beer for him at the weekend.

Agreed Phil!

Cheers dude, I need to wait until my private race track is vacant :p Will get some up shortly.

On other news, I was surprised today driving into work, pulls really well in 5th couldn't beleive the overal driveability since it has been running right.

Cheers Jay, really appreciate you setting that up. The drive home was the best drive I've had in a long while.

Still got a few wee things to do, I will get the timing light on tomorrow night. Give it the once over for piece of mind. Still need to sort the idle out too. All coming together though, at long last!

Good to know Morgey, still need it on the dyno to see where I stand.