Why is my car so shit on fuel?

Not sure if my car is drinking fuel like no ones business, but i put in £20 the other day and i only got 70 miles out of it, i worked it out and im only getting 21mpg!! and whats worse driving slow seems to make no difference to fuel economy.

I noticed the fuel pressure at 1900rpm is about 15psi then levels off to 11psi when the turbo spools up at 4000rpm, Is this high fuel pressure from the RRFPR the cause as its mechanical?

I am wondering if putting in engine management wil help?

yeah its a 1.3 after all so off boost it should be quite economical, i noticed the fuel economy went right down when he cranked up the fuel rail pressure because it was leaning out at high RPM.

Its fixed the air/fuel ratio mixture when the TD04 is going balls out, but a side effect is that my car when off boost is now running really high rail fuel pressure anything from 13-15psi.

What mpg are people getting running td04?

Ive heard of people getting better MPG on a TD04 off boost? Maybe because you can rev it more before it's in boost?

I think you should get a piggy back ECU and get it mapped, will sort the fuelling out on full boost, without turning the fuel pressure right up.

Just to say aswell my figures above were a td04 at 1.5barish (stock fuel pump and FPR) Tuned by Racetech on an emanage blue

Id blame the RRFPR route as its more of a get you by option, id invest in some semi decent management and a good map.

Ive heard of people getting better MPG on a TD04 off boost? Maybe because you can rev it more before it's in boost?

I think you should get a piggy back ECU and get it mapped, will sort the fuelling out on full boost, without turning the fuel pressure right up.

The reason most get better mpgs on TD04s is because most are mapped semi decently. Stock the Gt/Glanza is quite rich so trimming the fueling with a piggyback etc helps shitloads.

& More powerrrr! :D

The reason most get better mpgs on TD04s is because most are mapped semi decently. Stock the Gt/Glanza is quite rich so trimming the fueling with a piggyback etc helps shitloads.

I really hope that's the case, mine drinks like mad on just CT9! :L

The thing is I hav no Cat (Friend took it out because it was cloged up) I have cone air filter with cold air feed, and fpr, and I am always first from the lights :) and yeah I drive in london so a lot of traffic, stop and go all the time. :) I don't think there is any problem with it, it's just the way i drive and I get less economy on shell 99 fuel than normal, but more performance.

:)

Edited by F3rAL

mines still pretty heavy on fuel but thats more due to me using the screamer pipe to cheer me up coming back from work. getting it maped on the emu made the world of diffrence more power and better mpgs? its a win win :D

Im getting about 350miles to a full tank on a long run off boost (well as much as i can) im running prety much standared i.e Tmic, Decat hks silent hi power,JAM ECU

Ohh and thats with an idleing problem!!

i thought the blitz ECU would have helped mine.

nope.

Phil.

Yeah it's really odd, off boost mine still drinks! Weirdly though, when I'm caning it the gauge doesn't go anywhere for ages! I think Mine's programmed the ECU for fun! :lol:

May just be my tracking/sticking brakes though hmm