Toffs Forged 5E VF35 99Spec White V :(

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol not stealing i get gifted:P

Yet another update, Managed to grab myself a forge recirculation valve for bugger all from work, So got going ahead with modifying it to fit.

With a combination of VW/Audi boost hosing (Sinful i know!!) And the standard bits, it all went in fine and the only difference was that i had to remove the breather pipe.

Heres a few pics, Theres none of the hint of compressor surge it had before on the standard recirc valve, it holds boost better, picks up better and is a lot more metallic/ sharp sounding when it dumps! WIN

Photo235.jpg

Photo234-1.jpg

And also got a quick Q for you all, would you run the breather pipe off the rocker cover into the little outlet on the side of the intercooler?? (Blue samco hose)

Or do i put a little breather filter etc onto it? PHOTO BELOW

Photo236.jpg

Thanks

TT

Edited by The Toffinator

Yet another update on the above, Ordered 30metres of Thermal Velocity exhaust wrap, 2 Yellow Bulbs and an Led interior light.

Got some photos of the exhaust of the car ready for the wrap but my phone screwed up so have none of it fitted, will add them later.

Hks Silent Hipower

Photo242.jpg

Clean underside!

Photo241.jpg

Yellow bulbs in

Untitled-14.jpg

Led Dome light

Photo238.jpg

Bulbs are fantastic, not a bright yellow but a lovely colour, lights everything up really well.

Exhaust wrap has removed the slight droning the exhaust had inside the car, Car sounds a fair bit deeper, and im not sure if its a placebo or not but the car feels a tad more responsive with a little less turbo lag!

Edited by The Toffinator
  • 2 weeks later...

Another Couple of updates, First one is a bad one relating to the bastard animals round where i live again. Quiet drive home after fitting PhilGT93s engine, Came upto the usual blind corner which just nips down a bank, cant see whats round it so as usual i was doing mabye 40mph,(Especially as it was wet, so i could avoid a sheep in the road for example!) as i came over the top there wasnt 1 or 2 sheep, there was 6, a whole fucking flock! Managed to avoid the first lot, but in panic the rest of the fuckers on the grass ran out and i walloped a Massive one, Which in turn headbutted my bonnet with its massive horns.

Damage was pretty fucked bonnet(May repair but fuck it) and Chip of paint off the RH side near the glanza badge. From now on i will be doing 20mph all the way to my house so i cant hit any of the fuckers :angry:

So i bought a bonnet from a scrappy, Black one so i swapped my scoop over until i can afford to get a lip kit and get it all painted. Dont think it looks to bad to be honest

Untitled-15.jpg

On the Plus side just ordered 4 New Uniroyal RainSport 2s So will have them fitted during the week!

Thanks for looking:)

Edited by The Toffinator

He may do micky i will ask him, Only put my scoop in as jap city would only lower the price without the scoop, greedy twats! Would prefer a black scoop in tbf

And Amjad its driving me mad, must be the most unlucky person. Feel like taking the trooper monstertruck out and just plowing the feckers out the way!

And yeh it did get damaged but i could have wrote the car off if i was going usual speeds on a nice road like that, glad i was only going slow and it was only a bonnet!

And they say sheeps are abundant in Wales lol

Yeh You havent seen anything like it here, think everyone hits at least one a year

Nice base you have there n i'm sure Micky will point you in the right direction on 200bhp :)

John

Thanks john, and yeh im aiming for it, More important things on the list first though, want a set of coilovers, and the brakes sorting as im not a fan at the moment.

Then more power!

• 4 weeks later...

Tell me about it mate, Got the black scoop on for now instead of the white one, Rainsports fitted and balanced also.

I had bought a JAM ECU Which had skinted me for the past 2 weeks, but the retard is going to refund me, been having loads of chew and its pissed me off bigtime.

Sweet bet it looks alot better with the black scoop.

Aww mate thats shit why is he refunding you? Please say you didnt buy it off that guy on ebay!!!

Should of just bought mine and been done with it even if mine was a 100 more atleast you know you would of got it!

Hope things work out for the best mate x

Edited by micky boy

Yeh looks okay tbh matey, and yeh i did buy off that guy, only reason i didnt buy off that lad was i didnt have the money, was paranoid they would sell so he took the offer.

Thanks mick, Its just typical shit for me lately mate, no fucking luck, then i think all will be good and it just goes tits up. Feel like driving down and setting the twats unit on fire

Little update, heres how the cars looking now, white scoop is gone, tyres are fitted and Managed to spend a few hours removing some shit from the engine bay. Mainly the absolute shite D1 SPEC EARTHING KIT, Half the leads had come away dude to going brittle, and it was all fraying on the ends. Shite build quality is a typical chinese shit piece lol. Think it looks alot better, Bonnet will do until i can afford a front lip and a freshen up!

Untitled-16.jpg

Photo247.jpg

And the best purchase for the car so far, These tyres are astounding, i thought the T1R`s where good, these make them look like budget shit. Car used to be useless in first gear, it now only has minor wheelspin with these on and it grips like fuck from a standstill! Handling has mucho improved, can go nearly as quick in the wet as i could in the dry with the T1R`s. Only thing i can even try and fault is they feel a little softer than the T1R`s, But its not bad and i think its a design reason and why they grip so well

Photo249.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Edited by The Toffinator