jakes blue track slag ep82

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a gazebo

null_zpsf5563b7a.jpg

Much better no more days off now due to rain and just in time for the windows to come out ready for some cage construction.

Had a little play with my wheels, gonna run spacers 10/20mm that can wait till everything is back on.

null_zps9b4be92f.jpg

Taking windows out tomorrow, then it's just waiting for my main fab man to have a weekend free, hopefully should start end off this month gonna try smash it out so can then paint the inside and get the fuel system/ interior in, wanna get this done now been way to long haha, and I've text him waiting for a reply he's properly busy ATM with work

yeah mate, stripped everything outa it, sanded down etc, degreased it with truck cleaner and steam washed it, then just primer and rattle caned it using the cans from halfords cost me about 30 quid i think in total haha, cheers buddy its getting there

Much and such the same as me but im using wossner pistons and scat rods. I also plan to run a 0.6 hg but some say it will limit the boost i can run. Will wait and see

Depends on your pistons.

Haha, I have reason for the 0.6mm hg all will be revealed soon ;)

Depends on your pistons mate.

Looking good pal! Moving on now.

Nothing wrong with running a 0.6mm gasket, if you got dished pistons it will only bring the CR back upto near standard anyway. All depends on the ecu you use really.

Exactly a 10cc dish will still be a low comp engine. And yes the higher compression will require your tuner to have complete control of ignition to keep det at bay but I don't see anything near high comp here unless someone is using flat or 5efhe high cr pistons.

Phil

Edited by Philm

Cheers shorty bro! :D due to where I live/ where my project is we get very strong wind so unfortunately the gazebo lasted a whole 3 days before the wind had snapped the 4 main posts and threw the whole gazebo across the car park ha ha, so lesson learned don't buy a gazebo off eBay. I've managed to find a little workshop so fingers crossed I get that will be finding out later this week, so the car can finally go into a proper home and we can get going on the cage, my windows should be here this week to with abit off luck not that there is any rush

Edited by nest
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah shorty it's a joke, it literally so flexible.. Dosnt budge now tho ha ha..

Thanks rob, getting there slowly should be making some progress with it now as the weather is nice and I've got one day a week off now! Ha ha

The rear beam on these is a joke, it's got more flex than a ballet dancer.. So to stiffen things up, we decided to weld a hollow tube along the bottom to stop it swaying side to side and any flex up and down, to stop any twisting that might happen during high speed cornering we welded some sheet that we bent into a U shape to strengthen it, hopefully it's stiffens the rear up abit and should hopefully see me 3 wheeling it round track ;) haha.. It's not finished yet and just a rough design untill we fabricate a whole rear beam in the future, couple pics

null_zps6f97c283.jpg

null_zpsefad87f0.jpg

null_zpsa7ae0b59.jpg

More soon :)

One issue I forsee is that your unlikely to have strengthened this enough to stop it bending under loads that previously would have flexed it.

that being the case any flex now occurring may twist/crease the new material leaving the once innocuous flex as permanent distortion through stress/fatigue.

From an structural sense what you have welded there would be better at holding the item in a stressed position indefinitely, more so that either making the twist/flex motion less probable or helping to return it to its original position quicker once the beam returns to its unloaded state.

a welded 'spine' would have been a good choice of modification on the beam, rather than something connected to its beams edges and therefore its most load suggestive area.

Phil

nope using dished pistons, so the comp is pretty much standard at the moment, my block should be back soon from being decked, and thanks for the words im pretty aware with what is needed to tune/ build a high comp engine :thumbsup:

So your using stock comp pistons? or you are using dished pistons? are they 10cc dished Wiescos?

It must be added, i truely adore your wheels - mint

Hehe jake knows his stuff. He works for an aston martin tunner phil. He is surrounded by some of the best mechanical engineers in the country at work too.

I dont doubt that for a second shorty :angel: only showing an interest.

Phil

Edited by Philm

Nice build looking forward to updates!

Be interesting to see how you get on with the .6mm gasket and how it copes with det etc. Ive never been so sure about them as they are essentially a gasket designed for the 4e-fe.

Nice build looking forward to updates!

Be interesting to see how you get on with the .6mm gasket and how it copes with det etc. Ive never been so sure about them as they are essentially a gasket designed for the 4e-fe.

really just comes down to the block and head surfaces, so long as there good, your good :)

looks like a great project.

Phil

Edited by Philm

Sorry not been on here in ages..

Dan - got it off eBay cost 44 quid haha!! Probably why it last 5 minutes!!

Phil - I'm usin 10cc dished pistons, i was going to raise the compression as I was going to run a meth/ high octane fuel mix and a standalone ecu, so the plan was rather than invest in some flat pistons I was going to deck the block a fair amount and run a very slim head gasket, (not ideal I know) but plans have changed so just going with a piggy back and around standard comp engine, rather get it on the road than adding more and more to the spec.

As for the rear beam, there's no way that this would bend under force the car is going to be very lightweight(2 light over the back) so there's going to be very little stress on it apart from going up and down! The flex will come from the Coilovers..

Thanks darraghmh91

Got a small update

Rebuilt the steering rack and clean it up

null_zpsdb123ed1.jpg

Cleaned and painted the panhard rod

null_zps491ec833.jpg

And brought these monsters off the short man himself, can't wait to get my hand on these!!!

null_zpsa1011ea5.jpg

Still looking for a decent workshop/ garage so still no progress in the cage unfortunately

Edited by nest
  • 4 months later...

Not been on here in ages, here is some recent pictures loads more happened but will upload when I get a chance

Turbo kit ready to go on, all zisco stuff cermaic coating by zirotec and k&n filter

B391F7ED-FC2E-4877-9815-655F94CB95C9_zps

Link g3 standalone

9D537588-3B36-46E8-846D-9C7BE8AD518C_zps

Shell in primer pre-caged

7A3FC42C-B9DA-464E-95C5-21A2F78BC148_zps

Monster 4 pots, will be refured next week

F189DB54-DA54-4F82-A952-A0B507F0B1A3_zps

Loads more crazy stuff to update will be doing this and a write up when I get a chance this is off the phone quick!

Ta

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...