People with stripped out rears?!

This is a problem! The speakers sound awesome but they are pretty heavy and the shelf bounces really bad haha!! Plus the rattles in the boot lid are much louder lol!! Need to get my gaffer tape out and wrap some of the catches up etc

I don't get that in my GT, must be a EP91 thanggg :p

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I was running my 12" JBL sub and just stock front speakers off a Sony headunit in the GT stripped and it sounded decent.

When I get it on the road though I will be putting all the seats back in, some Vibe Slick 4" speakers in the front and will be using 2 amps, a 4 channel to power the Vibe fronts and JBL 6x9s in the shelf and the 2 channel one I have for the sub. It'll weight a fair bit I know, but the power will offset that anyway. (Was planning to do this in the NA but another amp, heavier front speakers and set of wiring and I wouldn't be able to put up with it!)

I was driving the NA stripped with just the 6x9s in the back and it felt so much nippier, but I needed my bass lol

did this on my last V it looked good and did actually save about 30kg so was pretty good! but the noise level was awful well after 4 hours of driving my head was about to explode!! will not be doing it on my new V!

This looks sweet as ! Did you just paint the floor with gloss white or get it done professionally ?? Wouldn't mind doing this to mine

DSCF0128.jpg

1st of all if you're going to strip it out, do it properly. Non of this leaving plastic in etc.

Music is over rated. I took headunit and front speakers out too most of the time and had a little wooden box with 2 10cm speakers mounted to it and head unit mounted in with a 12v feed to plug in for long journeys.

When I did put it back it i just had head unit and front speakers (replaced with some decent jobbies) and they did the job.