Forged 4E against Forged 5E

Looking for another forged engine and having a debate with myself about it !

What are the pro's and con's of the 4E AGAINST A 5E?? Vice versa

WHICH IS BEST ???

cheers Aaron

Edited by Azz
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what i know for all out power 5e is your best bet, not quiet as revy as a 4e but more tourqe and better drivability due too the larger capacity plus 5e will help with turbo spool especialy with a big turbo.

Depends what kind of build your going for tbh mate.

Well, really struggling to see why you would need more than 280bhp on the road ;)

Mine punch's me forward at an incredible rate of knots :)

John

The money is not a problem with the build so.would you rather say 280bhp or 350bhp?

It's more of a statement for shows ect........

And since owning a ep I have always wanted to feel 2bar of boost in one

The money is not a problem with the build so.would you rather say 280bhp or 350bhp?

It's more of a statement for shows ect........

And since owning a ep I have always wanted to feel 2bar of boost in one

If money was no issue then ofcourse you would want 350bhp as opposed to 280bhp however i wouldn't wanna run 2 bar of boost lol

Im sure Matt (WhiteGV) wont mind me saying this..

Matts - 335bhp on 5E

Mine - 272bhp on 4E

Which was quicker? Mine.

That was a 3rd gear pull, up to 5th gear about 150mph..

On a private road :)

I heard the 5E's don't like to rev as much

5e all day long, more tourqe can run more power, can run a bigger turbo plus not one hundread percent sure on this only going on what my engine builder said that 4e's tend to warp or twist the block when you try to run big power through them 300+

Jamie1st it will all depend on what turbo you are running and how the car is set up when you go head to head with someone in a 3rd gear pull. Every car is built for something different. I built mine for big power figures, consequently using a very big turbo which at times can be a bit laggy. My Glanza is running a dyno proven 383bhp but a well set up td04 will stay with my from a standing start until I hit 3rd gear and then it just pulls and pulls and pulls so you have to keep that in mind. Whereas on a 2nd gear pull if I keep the car around 4500 rpm I have more than a bar of boost behind me so as soon as I plant the foot I am gone, you just have o be careful nt to let the turbo drop out of the boost range or the lag waiting on it to spool again will slow down your pull