Forged 4E against Forged 5E

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping for 400bhp, its at race tech, Just want it back now, I've been waiting a year and to be honest I have lost interest ;-(

I'm sure that will change when I get it back ;-). I've never used TD but I have had numerous conversations with the guy there and he seems a very genuine guy. I know a lot of people who have used TD and the feedback is good.

The most fun I have had in the last year is driving my 69 bhp diesel beast (Work car). I got the stop watch out..... it did 0-60 is 14.8 seconds and it couldn't make it to 100 mph but got to 80mph in about 19 seconds. ;-)

Must admit, I'm not one for biggin up other cars on the Toyota Forum but a re mapped 335d I took out two days ago took the p123. It smashed everything in gear 50 - 90, the torque was amazing.

• 3 weeks later...

Let me just bring to your attention a few results and points Mr D.....

Firstly. string and aaddzz123's starlet GT's...

String pulled 242.9bhp on Monster Motorsport's Dyno before TD bought it off them... (Dyno Dynamics Roller)

aaddzz123 bought the turbo kit off String, and got his car mapped on another bone stock 4efte on the same ecu, and pulled 242.3bhp...

Secondly, Hawwy's Glanza....

Hawwy bought a black glanza from hough39....

Spoke to hough39, his car pulled 313bhp at 1.3bar on a dyno dynamics roller

It went into to race-tech and pulled 303bhp at the same boost and on the same map...

Thirdly, ro55ifumi

When he was running a ct9... Pulled 186bhp on a Dyno Dynamics Roller

Then went on to pull 188bhp on Race-Techs dyno at the same boost pressure....

Forthly, My Own Glanza.....

Back when I was running 1.4bar of boost on a pretty much identical turbo kit to yourself Matt. I made 344bhp.

You made 330bhp? At the same boost? Which is not bad for a forged 5e with a standard head...

Lastly...

Are you telling me Ryan-11, Mark1991, Browner's cars are all not believable figures being over 340bhp...?

Tbh, I couldn't give a monkeys what my car or anyone elses car pulls on any dyno, there a tuning tool.

However I don't think the margin your talking about exists, or if there is a margin it certainly isn't as big as you sound like you want it to be!

With regards to your points mate, do you not find it a bit funny that all those cars where mapped on a Dyno dynamics before going to Race-Tech? so obviously people knew what figures were made and kind of 'fixed' things if want for a better word? I wouldn't mind seeing a Race-Tech tuned car on the TD rollers, possibly..............................yours? :p

The same with the always kind of stange smooth lines during boost, how have they discovered something that no other tuner has ever managed to do? look at all other boost graphs and compare them :) I know you can mess with the software on the dyno he uses and change things around to suit!

With regards to the other guys cars you mentioned, they don't come in to question as they where mapped elsewhere and not on the same dyno :) so there figures are irrelevant.

I think a few people care about what it pulls on the dyno, what's the point in having the power leaderboard that one himself created?

I imagine there could be some kind of difference and it didn't take long for someone else (Hawwy) to kind of back me up.

Edited by mattyD

With regards to your points mate, do you not find it a bit funny that all those cars where mapped on a Dyno dynamics before going to Race-Tech? so obviously people knew what figures were made and kind of 'fixed' things if want for a better word? I wouldn't mind seeing a Race-Tech tuned car on the TD rollers, possibly..............................yours? :p

The same with the always kind of stange smooth lines during boost, how have they discovered something that no other tuner has ever managed to do? look at all other boost graphs and compare them :) I know you can mess with the software on the dyno he uses and change things around to suit!

With regards to the other guys cars you mentioned, they don't come in to question as they where mapped elsewhere and not on the same dyno :) so there figures are irrelevant.

I think a few people care about what it pulls on the dyno, what's the point in having the power leaderboard that one himself created?

I imagine there could be some kind of difference and it didn't take long for someone else (Hawwy) to kind of back me up.

I fail to see the point your trying to make on how being mapped and run on different dynos before being run on Race-Techs dyno?

So your telling me, that Race-Tech looked up and researched on the internet for any previous results, before running it on there dyno and "adjusting" figures to look accurate? Really?

Other Guys? Mapped Elsewhere? When does where it was mapped have anything to do with how much power is produced on a Dyno?

You really seem to have a real issue with jealousy and question other peoples setups.... I couldn't give a monkeys what figures my car pulls, if you'd like to go for a run down a motorway, id be happy to give you a run?

The POINT of the power leaderboard is for people to compare results. IE, if someone has 35bhp more then you on the same turbo and boost pressure. Who wouldn't be interested to find out why that was...

I feel you look far too much into it... Its a number dude...

Boost plot smoothing had nothing to do with the dyno. It's the electronics on the map sensor I fitted that work very well. When in the car does your boost go up and down on the gauge or is it nice and smooth. I'd hope the latter. So the dyno should read the same.

• 6 months later...

They would rather look at dyno print outs and bitch about other tuners than drive there cars mate.

Theirs alot of dynos up here in Scotland that are giving out outrageous numbers!

If people believe the power they have they are defos delusional! Aye race tech could give a good 20-40hp more! Its a big possibility but its only a tool end of the day! But watching videos of mine at a bar is insane to ofther people's running more boost and allegedly more power than me? That's where u notice and think the power estimated is well off

I doubt very much!

But watching videos of mine at a bar is insane to ofther people's running more boost and allegedly more power than me? That's where u notice and think the power estimated is well off

I doubt very much!

We going to compare our cars after Japfest Sam? ;)?

Lol i wasn't just on about your car! Theirs a few up here that are well over estimated!

But aye! As long as there's a straight and obvious enough road! :) side by side pull! I might even keep mine @ 1bar for you! :o

Never said you were Sam :)

Sounds like a plan, see you there... :)