• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only a little update, got the old exhaust system off

3A4C4962-13B3-4709-A6AA-1D2250B1A78E-711

Also cleaned and painted the driveshafts, going to replace inner and outer boots before they go back on to.

11E96D0E-660F-46BC-921D-04C3C48C2EDD-711

And cleaned and painted the sump :)

7D4FF35C-A066-4035-9D14-802B59423BEA-711

I'm trying to de-clutter my bay atm, now can I remove this

A05CD7B2-3F5C-4FDE-A875-494E2533AF1B-675

If so what do I do with the thicker pipe coming out the top?

Vacum pipe is easy enough.

Also can I remove this lot and just cut the connectors off? And can I just join the 2 vacum pipes up coming off the mani and TB

D023B86D-1133-495D-85BC-F0018304EEE0-675

Sorry for shit pics but its gone dark

The first picture is the carbon canister, i was going to remove this.. But i decided against it. Basically it lets the fumes vent properly from the fuel tank and fuel system.. If a spark appears in your engine bay, i.e king lead pops off and arcs out or literally anything, then bye bye to your bollocks lol! Remember fumes are more likely to catch alight!! So personally i'd leave it in there.

The second picture is for aircon, that shit can be removed yeah. I did, and just cut the vacuum hoses short and shuved a bolt in the end. There are proper blanking caps you can get off ebay tho (socks has them on his).

HTH.

If you take the kinglead unit off, you know where it plugs in to on the bulk head.. There's 3 bolts holding that unit on, take out the bolts and then flip it over once it's off and you'll see scews holding in the aircon sensors, just unscrew them and they will come off so you just left with the kinglead connection bit, then put the bolts back in and there we go! :).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Little update not much as I've been busy with other cars and work but I managed to get the front hubs stripped down and painted along with the brake shields, they just need another coat or 2. All ready for new bearings and discs.

F5F690A7-6DC7-44CD-BBCC-CED97089B923-540

E63E6B53-960A-4519-8759-447D0711D6C4-540

No comments about my DIY drying system either :D

Also took the heat shields off from underneath the car to be painted and get it ready for underselling along with new handbrake cables.

941D6623-DB8A-4F50-9989-5F29845E7615-540

I'm gonna try and get it under sealed this weekend and drop the rear axel out for a clean up and coat of paint to :)

Just been to collect my gearbox, £560 later I get a fully recon box with full set of synchro's and brand new 5th gear hub, oh and a bag of dead bits.

F0C088CE-790C-4016-86B9-BB818BE04EFA-554

Needs another coat of paint tho, think I'm going to hammerite it.

It would of been cheaper to get a second hand box but it could just do the same thing a few months down the line. Has set me back on the LSD front tho.

Ah fuck it its only money lol!

I had my cousin send it away, he uses a place in gosport and seem to be good at what they do.

I'm going to be running a forged engine on a k26 turbo.

Now what would people suggest on the ecu side of things? I was thinking apexi fc but they are pretty pricey.

Also what would peoples suggestions be on injectors?

Any advice would be much appreciated, I'm aiming for 250bhp+