Poss road trip across euroupe to nurburge ring

Only jus see that link trouble with that is you can't really wander off on your own or anything where as jelly baby said wee jus drive around and camp at the aide of the road, all part of the fun... Then do a few days at the ring as there's plenty to see there too :)

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if we have our own supoort van and we are camping we can all work out rougg van fuel cost plus camping cost, euroststar/ferry and split that umong how ever many go and it will be cheaper than thier package deal?

If it gives you all a rough idea...

ferry £100/ train £100+

Petrol... £200+

Camping fees for the week £8 0

Food and drink £200

Duty free tabbaco and drink in Belgium- priceless haha

I think a good trip would probs cost around £800-£1000 for a good week and no real worrys. The boat prices was based on going at 9.25am on the 7th June 2013, and returning on the 14th June 2013 @ 17.55. I didn't look into the euro tunnel, but will be quite a lot dearer, also there not the dates there just the ones I used to give people an idea

Edited by jimbo-ep91

Thats better already as if theres two per car its 500each and the organised is 450 befor food n fuel lol

that's what I like to hear lol,all you do for them is put 400 quid into the blokes pocket for walking round with ya and giving him a holiday too, like I say its jus a rough idea

when i went end of august, it cost me about £450 some things were shared tho, E= euros

ferry there euro back £65 (shared between 2)

fuel based on an ep3 averaging 30-35mpg tops, just over 1000 miles, total cost £250 but split 3 ways

laps around the ring are about E25 each

hotel 4 nights B and B E180

food and drink all eating out is, for very good food E15-20 for a steak and a couple of beers, pizza is cheaper! we had a bbq one night for 10 of us, chipped in E5 each and had waaaay more food than we could eat!

a 5L keg is £10 and they have a very good recycling service, you buy crates of bottled beer (20 pints i think for E12-15) then when you finish them u take the whole lot back and get about E3-4 off your next purchase :D

so total based on 2 sharing its about £450-500 for 4 nights B and B with track time, ferry, fuel, food, drink etc!

so if you were to camp out then you could save a good £90 id say, imo its a cheaper holiday than going on a clubbing holiday :p

Right I just woke up lol

If people budget say 500-800 quid and look to go in mid July that's gives u 8 months also me 8 months to sort the bloody car out lol.

If anyone knows of a van they could borrow ob I would help sort the cost for it etc so we could have our on ukso van for carrying tents etc so we remain light. With the over seas people we happly meet up with u. Just need few people to help plan the route and sort out camping places also rough amount of people going

Edited by jellybaby

I'll pop up one weekend jellybaby any n were have a sit down n work out some form of route? But mid July is good with me, all you do wanna do is make sure you go when kids R still at school otherwise traveling costs will be dearer

I'll pop up one weekend jellybaby any n were have a sit down n work out some form of route? But mid July is good with me, all you do wanna do is make sure you go when kids R still at school otherwise traveling costs will be dearer

Sounds good to me dude yer kids normaly finish last week in July I think I check the ferry web site to see when they hike the prices up. Also thibk about people traveling down from up north maybe book a premier in the night before somewhere near to our main meeting point in the uk so u can have a good rest before the epic trip book 21 days in advance u get it for 29 quid bargain

prob best bet for everyone to meet is at thurock services just before the bridge on the day we travel as nice big area and aslo can get food etc before we set off

ob as we going in a convoy etc we try stick together best we can on the roads the od blast every now and then wont hurt long as we slow down and wait for the others lol

also i recomend a sat nav with europe maps also we be a magnet for the police out there so watch out for speed traps etc

i meeting jimbo this sat he taking the drive to mine so we can start sorting out route etc and camp sites etc

everyone i am happy with any of u to help out as well for say if the people near the middlands want to sort there trip down to the meet thats fine with me long as i informed lol so i no whats going on.

with the people over in europe already then we have to find a place central for all of us to meet the all convoy up the the ring

i reckon this will be a 4-5 day trip that way we not to rushed to get bk to the ferry etc and can have a good look around for some nice driving roads.

i going to speck to josh to see if we can get some spec hodies made for the trip and stickers. also if u daring enough might sort out a prize if we go fancy dressed hahahah

Edited by jellybaby