Poss road trip across euroupe to nurburge ring

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is going to be one of the best road trips ill prob ever go on, ill help out were i can :p what sort of dates are people got in mind??

And who lives in the midlands area, organise a convouy to the tunnel etc?

Edited by Michael!

Yer only got to make sure u have the correct safety kit like triangle high via jacket etc and head light beam deflectors so it changes the direction if the beam.

I don't no about the rules so to speck but any help on getting info would help alot lol

Edited by jellybaby

Right jus to update a few people, I met jelly baby today for a chat and got some bit (top lad) ;) the plan was to get the ferry over then head east on the e40 (motorway) untill we get to Brussels, the head south eastwards making our way toward luxembourg/ south Germany, not too far down though, camp the night somewhere there on the first night, then spend the second day travelling towards nurburgring an find some awsome roads enroute... Aim to get there that evening an pitch up at nurburgring... Then go out the day after and explore the wonders of the eifel region ( mountains around nurburgring) so will probs b a 5-7 day trip depending on peoples funds etc etc... But we need to start getting dates sorted so people have plenty of time to get sorted...

An just to add all the s#£t you need like triangles and lumi makers etc is all sold on the boat, carry all documents aswell(mot,insurance cover note,log book and everything else) just because you know what the French are like... Bunch of funny bastads haha.

An dates... How does the 5th till 12th of July sound? Other wise travel costs etc will start going up as the kids will be on summer hols soon after that... Any good to U lot?

It´s a fact, when i have time, i would meet up you guys ... !

Probably you wanna come to Berlin on the biggest tuning spot of germany .. the Road "B1" Every Friday is there a big inofficial meet!

Lets see which route do you take :)

cheers ;)

I think the.route needs.to.be sorted asap. Then fuel.costs ext can be dealt with either way I'm still.coming lol. I have abroad rac breakdown cover so if anyone does break seriously then we have recovery. As I said before want any help just tell.me.what you want doing

well i just looked at p&o ferries and its £45 each way, the standard route to the ring in just over 300 miles, but you can modify, or select avoid highways, the earleir in the mornign the ferry is the cheaper it is.would 5 days be long enough would a saturday to a saturday be better because then you get the sunday to rest from the journey, and then also dont have to be to rushed on getting there, and getting back lol.fuel out there is so much cheaper then here, just have to pay before you fill, if you say 200 miles to a tank,inbetween 50-80mph most of the way, with a few put your foot down moments, and our tanks dont hold no more then £45 quid so i reckon around £400-£500 like you said,

what you think?

Not bad my friend good reserch yer early morning good with ferry think we going to head to Belgium the 1st day and camp there then 2nd 3rd at the ring then rest of the days driving around the mounting roads pm jimbo 91 as well as I

Already met him and discussed things with him maybe bat a few idears about and let me no as I

Quite busy up to

Xmas with work :(