Track glanza v.now for breaking

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

So after the car being under a cover for nearly 3 months and having far to many parts in the house and shed I decided that I needed to fit some of them.

Started with the cage I refurbed all the plates for underneath and re painted the feet as they had gone rusty.

IMG_0443_zps2525f65e.jpg

Also fitted my four point underbrace and room bar :)

IMG_0442_zps50a85262.jpg

IMG_0444_zpse0f24e57.jpg

Starting to look alot like a climbing frame inside :)

I still have the fender bars to fit but ran out of time.

I took the car out for a quick drive after fitting everything and it feels massively different alot more sure footed I did have to turn my coilovers down abit as they were set to high. Im hoping when the weather gets abit better that the car will be alot better but will have to learn how to drive it again.

Also got my wheels back today got these of Simon a few months ago (trd t3 alloys made by rays) had them refurbed main reason for these is they will fit over my ksports and they are very light

IMG_0446_zps078cf0cf.jpg

Edited by Chris_14a

Some more awesome parts there mate! How much clearance have you got with that underbrace and The exhaust? As I want one but can't be doing with it knocking on the exhaust everytime!

Wheels look lovely.

From other ones I have seen there seems to be alot of room probably close to an inch tbh but my car has a custom front pipe but it does drop down alot which can be seen on the picture near the back of the brace. Would recommend one now you can get hold of them easier.

I hoping it handles well but from what I have driven the car it seems to be alot better than last year so have no excuses now lol :)

• 3 weeks later...

Not really done a massive amount to the car recently. Just been trying to enjoy it when the weather and work lets me.

I have fitted my trd short shifter :)

IMG_0465_zps1efcb953.jpg

Also realised that my wedsports should have a shiney aluminium lip not a painted. So had abit of a go with some metal polish etc and they came up like this (took hours tho ha )

IMG_0470_zps5c0efcbd.jpg

IMG_0475_zps13e35e12.jpg

So now after this I am keeping them and will probably be getting spacers to fit it over my ksports.

I will be getting the car booked in with Nick and Mike at TD to remove the abs and fit the ksports along with a few bits to finish getting the car ready for the track days this year :)

• 2 weeks later...

So after last year fancied abit of a change and after talking to Nick and Mike at TD came up with a bit of a new idea so on saturday I removed my turbo kit which after a year of trackdays and a nurburgring trip is standing up very well and took it up to TD..

IMG_0484_zps18830729.jpg

IMG_0483_zps0ab83a76.jpg

So I have left the kit there and will update when it has all arrived back :)

Whats going on with that screamer, it looks as if it goes to atmosphere and back into the exhaust?

It is a screamer but the recirculated part is just there to blank the hole but I do have a pipe the makes it recirc. It is part of the Tuning developments kit :)

nice updates dude.

you have answered a question i've had for a long while...will the room bars fit with a cage...answer...YES!!!

great work.

Phil.

Cheers. It does fit but my cage is nearly as far forward as it can be all seems to work very well cant wait for some better weather now. Cheers Chris

What u gonna do with the t3 alloys lol bet for me wedsports polished lip ftw dude love your motor anyway

Cheers mate :).I'm thinking that now tbh lol and people keep telling me that. Not to sure but got 3 sets of alloys now ha. Need to try the trds and see then look at spacers

• 2 weeks later...

(Spec updated)

So finally put some effort into fitting some more parts.

Refitted the turbo as it came back from TD mid week also fitted my ally rad at the same time.

IMG_0509_zpsefdf7593.jpg

Then fitted my ksports which are a awesome bit of kit and the pedal feels alot better.

IMG_0511_zps3d364468.jpg

Then I tried to fit my trd wheels over the top and found they didnt fit :( so a quick trip to td and I ended up with these

IMG_0512_zps93868d67.jpg

They are 20MM fronts and 25MM rear so now they do fit but mite need to roll my arches :) ha

IMG_0521_zpsd25e6d99.jpg

IMG_0522_zps7f63142c.jpg

IMG_0523_zpsf6fb961d.jpg

So bit of a different look and needs abit of tidying up after the winter. The wheels have already started rubbing through my arch liners :)

Not to sure if to go back to the wedsports now they have been polished and have a slightly weaker offset.

Next thing is to get it mapped for its new turbo to see how it gets on