Hi guys

I wrote TOYOBD1 and designed OBD1READ,

JayJ freeze has been corrected in the devices sold after 11 september of this year. Older devices reprogramming can be arranged with me if needed.

the After start enrichment mode is supposed to go off after X cycles have been counted. contrarily to Warm up enrichment it is supposed to be present at every engine start even if it is allready hot

how to install OBD1READ

http://jfbreton.blogspot.ca/2014/10/toyobd1-android-datalogger-how-to.html

how to get the application working with it after

http://jfbreton.blogspot.ca/2014/10/toyobd1-android-datalogger-connecting.html

nice work by the way JayJ.

here's the EP82 I owned for a year

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w1tez890b8ij535/2014-08-17%2011.48.14.jpg?dl=0

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys

I wrote TOYOBD1 and designed OBD1READ,

JayJ freeze has been corrected in the devices sold after 11 september of this year. Older devices reprogramming can be arranged with me if needed.

the After start enrichment mode is supposed to go off after X cycles have been counted. contrarily to Warm up enrichment it is supposed to be present at every engine start even if it is allready hot

how to install OBD1READ

http://jfbreton.blogspot.ca/2014/10/toyobd1-android-datalogger-how-to.html

how to get the application working with it after

http://jfbreton.blogspot.ca/2014/10/toyobd1-android-datalogger-connecting.html

nice work by the way JayJ.

here's the EP82 I owned for a year

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w1tez890b8ij535/2014-08-17%2011.48.14.jpg?dl=0

Thanks Jean, you should get another GT!

And I can confirm the device is fully working and daily used :-]

Want more pics :p got my mapping on the 12th can your old blitz pull good power COME ON! lol

There's not much to shoot as the white car has turned to dull grey thanks to road salt :p

Some of the pics seem to be broken, so maybe I should move all the pics to another place and fix this thread, argh :wacko:

There's not much to shoot as the white car has turned to dull grey thanks to road salt :p

Some of the pics seem to be broken, so maybe I should move all the pics to another place and fix this thread, argh :wacko:

I went to look through again, needs fixed definitely :D

• 1 month later...

Pictures fixed, enjoy! :)

Also a few new updates..after a long search, I finally found a genuine set of wind deflectors locally and bought a spare set of mirrors too, so I can get the folding work again.
My AGM battery finally let go after fully discharging it four times in a year. I was suprised how well it took the abuse it got. I wanted a bit bigger capacity battery, but didn't want to lose on weight, so I ended up buying Earth X lithium battery. It only weight's 1kg!!!! Incredible product!

DSC_0010.JPG?dl=0

And then the latest and the most favorite purchase

DSC_0040.JPG?dl=0

Specs are 15x7 ET28, 5cm lip. These are very rare forged OZ starlights, weighing 6kilos each. I'll get them refurbed, as the paint is flaking a bit 8)

• 1 month later...

Wheels have been painted and are waiting for the new 195/45 T1Rs. I would have gone with the AD08R's, but I already had bought Toyos last spring from another enthusiast, as he was selling them cheap. The car had a service today and it was done under the warranty as the water pump seal started to leak just over a year old. Last purchase came today too..from UK ;-)

Nutp0rn

DSC_0034.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

DAAAAM that battery is small how long will it last without the engine running and lights on 5 min ???

It equals to 24Ah lead battery, so it actually has a bigger capacity than the AGM battery(16Ah) I had even the weight is 6kg less. Lead acid batteries tend to lose cranking amps in cold, but lithium battery’s cranking power will not drop-off. It also has a microprocessor Battery Management System that monitors the charge level of each cell and balances the charge when needed. Without BMS you can't use lithium batteries in cars, because alternators aren't smart chargers.

Lets say the car uses ~150watts with all the lights on(headlights, parking lights, rear lights) and thereon will drain around 12.5amps(150w/12v=12.5), so the battery should last ~2hours in theory. :)

• 3 months later...

Well, my gearbox has decided to stop working properly(syncros), but even with the problems we managed to do a roadtrip(~3000km) up to north, Norway. It was a cool trip and awesome landscapes. Also the rear wheel bearing started to mess around just after we arrived to Norway, so it was going to be a interesting return, but now we are back home safe and sound! :)

Spare gearbox is on its way at the moment thanks to James and next I'm going to order some goodies from Iddy and Nengun or RHDjapan to get the car back to life stronger than ever. ;)

norw.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Spare gbox arrived finally last week after a lot of hassle with the local postal service. I'll change the input and output shaft bearings just for a peace of mind, so it was time to split it!

gbox.jpg

As the car will be in a daily use around the year I wanted to give some protection to Meisters and ordered coilover socks from Tegiwa.

socks.jpg

This day was like a Christmas after the courier delivered the last parcels..from Japan..

drivetrain.jpg

Ogura flywheel weights 4.1kg, the whole set is just over 8kilos.

ogura.jpg