Car has 166000km on the clock, so it was time for a timing belt service which was done by a garage a month ago. Timing belt, idler pulley, belt tensioner, waterpump, crank seal and rocker cover seal were changed and now it's oil leak free again, happy days. :) We were wandering around Nagoya(Japan) last week with missus and here's a small recap what we saw:

Oasis21 and TV-tower

76.jpg?dl=0

Nagoya Castle

71.jpg?dl=0

TOM'S

80.jpg?dl=0

STI Forester

79.jpg?dl=0

78.jpg?dl=0

5E from Toyota museum

70.jpg?dl=0

Toyota museum

81.jpg?dl=0

GT86 leaving Toyota museum, this car costs only 20000eur in Japan :o

72.jpg?dl=0

Celica

69.jpg?dl=0

Bought some air fresheners :D

73.jpg?dl=0

and turbotimer

82.jpg?dl=0

and alpha horns

75.jpg?dl=0

and 300gr Räzo

77.jpg?dl=0

UPS delivered these today from MattyD :p

74.jpg?dl=0

Edited by JayJ
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are taken with phone, so quality is bad

AE

83.jpg?dl=0

Another on UPGARAGE parking area

93.jpg?dl=0

94.jpg?dl=0

Bride / TRD / Recaro in UPGARAGE

86.jpg?dl=092.jpg?dl=0[img=https://dl.dropbox.com/s/0xpyajxb9p6es47/90.jpg?dl=0

Outside AUTOBACS

85.jpg?dl=0

91.jpg?dl=0

Inside AUTOBACS

84.jpg?dl=0

Wheel shop

89.jpg?dl=0

Lexus store

87.jpg?dl=0

88.jpg?dl=0

Back home :angry2:

domo.jpg?dl=0

Edited by JayJ

It's an amazing country. All the cars were shiny, all the places were clean, no graffitis and no trash on the streets. We didn't need to be afraid of being robbed at all, people are so kind over there and it's a big shame for the locals if they do something bad and get caught of it. We saw under 20 westeners during the whole week and every local were staring at us when we looked away. We should have been such an attraction for them. :D

Almost every parts in upgarage were second hand, as those seats too, but in very good condition.

Yeah saw three starlets, but all were NAs though. There was some nice Suzuki Swift too with a huge spoiler, bodykit, coilies and F1 style braking light down on a bumber that flashed rapidly while braking. It passed us so fast that there were no chance to get a pic, but looked very nice. Also saw two Lamborginis and Ferraris, a few Imprezas and Evos and two other smaller cars I couldn't recognize. The daily car scene is quite different over there and a lot of big cars and minivans were daily driven. Mainly Toyota Crown Athletes, Voxys, Alphards, BB and Vellfires, Lexus LS460s and LS600s, Honda Sacuras and Elysions, also Toyota Prius and Kei cars were quite common.

The big white minivan on a picture above is Toyota Vellfire. As you can see the Toyota badge on it is different. That badge is only used on JDM models.

Let's go back in time to the end of last year when I bought mud flaps from CarbonGoodies. I really wanted to get the carbon ones, but Rick recommended Kaylan for winter use, as the carbon could easily snap on cold weather. Kaylan is the same material used in WRC cars. Package was well packed and arrived in two weeks.

Front set

294130_10151523291154209_933142628_n.jpg

Rear set

972112_10151523291159209_1580535924_n.jp

I received these in January and ended up installing only the front ones, as the time and weather was a big limit and I wasn't quite sure how the rear ones should be mounted.

Front flaps were easy to install as they are totally bolt on kit. Only problem was the length of the flaps as my car is lowered. I decided to cut ~1cm off, but in the end it wasn't enough though and every now and then they scrape on bumps and curves.

931181_10151523295594209_123802081_n.jpg

As the weather got better I decided to mount the rear flaps too. It was a much more work than I expected as the flaps hadn't pre-drilled holes like front ones and some of bracket's holes were also too small for self-tapping screws.

One existing bolt is used to mount the bracket and then you fix it with three self tapping screws to a plastic inner arch. Flap is then mounted with three bolts and I can say it's quite hard to measure the fixing points, as the arch line is curvy and the room is limited and you want to get them straight. I made a small mistake with measure, so I had to drill one extra hole, but luckily you can't notice it as the holes are almost side by side.

296230_10151523296954209_1338925380_n.jp

484769_10151523296969209_1305648648_n.jp

Rear flaps are hanging ~9cm from the ground.

931210_10151523296964209_128352930_n.jpg

Some final words, front flaps went through the rough winter dragging roads and they are still spot on, just dirty. Rear ones have been on the car like one month and are like new, mainly because they won't get so much abuse if at all.

Even though the rear ones were a bit hard to get on I can only recommend these flaps. Really good durability, look and easy installation, you just need a bit of DIY and patience! :-)

Now go and fill in the order! ;-)

ohh my god!! I want your wheels!! I love advans.

Your ep is looking rather sexual ;-)

ohh my god!! I want your wheels!! I love advans.

Your ep is looking rather sexual ;-)

Advan reps made by Rota. ;-] I have been looking a new set of wheels for the summer, but I think I'm going to skip it as I need money to finish my current plans.

Thanks! :p

• 2 weeks later...

Some idiot broke in my car last night and stole amplifier, cd player, front tweeters, CDs and wheel wrench. :( Passenger door lock is broken, so can I get another lock that will work with my current keys or will the new lock be a different serie?

Some idiot broke in my car last night and stole amplifier, cd player, front tweeters, CDs and wheel wrench. :( Passenger door lock is broken, so can I get another lock that will work with my current keys or will the new lock be a different serie?

Ahh Wat a cunt!, best bet is too buy the whole lot and replace it all, try breakers yard for barrel and door locks of the same car that is lol

Have a snoop on bay I seen a lockset on there not so long ago!

• 4 weeks later...

Two or three weeks ago we made a floor in the boot and relocated the battery on top of it. Still need to make it a bit tidier and put back the rear braces, but you get the idea. I'm waiting a couple of things

to arrive before I can finish ICE installation. To-do list is quite long, but easy does it! Projector headlights, EMU, some wirings, passenger door lock removal, alarm system, wind deflectors and the list goes on.. :p

100.jpg?dl=0

99.jpg?dl=0

Edited by JayJ
  • 1 month later...

A little progress, but will make a huge difference..

Genuine JDM harness :p

127.jpg?dl=0

Don't worry, all the wires were soldered!

126.jpg?dl=0

Ready, set, map!

128.jpg?dl=0

Edited by JayJ
  • 3 weeks later...

Still not mapped, but will be until the summer has gone! Last week I changed my TRD plug leads to red Ultra leads I bought as used and they started missfiring on boost. Took them off once again and gave a good clean up and now they are spot on! Then I needed a harness for my AEM UEGO wideband as I want to use it for data logging with EMU. Greddy sells the harness, but the price is quite high, so I bought Futaba servo extension cable that is used in R/C cars. You have to cut a small edge off from the plug and it will fit perfect. (already cut on the pic below)

129.jpg?dl=0

130.jpg?dl=0

Another nice gadget is this blue box I got from Canada

132.jpg?dl=0

After two minutes it was hooked up like this

131.jpg?dl=0

Setting up the phone and here we have Bluetooth data logger showing injector opening duration, ignition angle in degrees, percentage of opening of ICV, RPM, MAP sensor value, engine water temp, TPS status, speed and lambda lean or rich. Knock icon will show up, if knock is detected. I'm not sure, if my android version(4.4) is too new for this app as it froze immediately when I started to drive, so I have to look into it a bit more.

133.jpg?dl=0

Screenshot

134.jpg?dl=0

Edited by JayJ

cool mate i was thinking of getting a small tablet and securing it in the dash to have constant feed back ??

I have been planning that too. It would be easier to use google maps for navigation and play music from spotify via BT with tab than phone. :-)

any update on how the blue box is working now?

Not really, I found out that the values freeze as soon as the car moves 3km/h or faster. The problem could be corroded diag connector pins, electrical interference, my phone playing up or maybe ecu related thing. I have cleaned the connector pins twice now, so I don't believe it's the corrosion. Next step is to test it with my tab tomorrow and see how it goes.