Love deans stuff it's top quality!

He's a top guy really, quality products with quality service :-]

I was totally surprised this morning as postman was behind the door at 7:30AM. :blink:

Not the prettiest, but should do the job!

38.jpg?dl=0

39.jpg?dl=0

How long would it take to chance the mani? I have done it before, but didn't do it at once.

Edited by JayJ
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took me a while as I did the oil feed at same time and then couldn't get some old bolts off

I did it 3 months ago, so all the nuts and bolts should come off easily. Going to chance the oil feed too, but I still have A/C and the banjo bolt is behind the compressor, isn't it? It will slow down the job a bit and I was wondering, if I will get it changed after work, as I need the car next morning.

• 4 weeks later...

Civic rad and brackets received! Going to install them on weekend and maybe I can finally get my fmic to fit again. Should get the car MOT'd soon too.

Some fresh pics

51.jpg?dl=0

52.jpg?dl=0

Edited by JayJ
  • 4 weeks later...

I was running Blitz with 1bar and fmic and the car felt very fast as the turbo spools so quickly. My current setup is Tong's GT spec with top mount and 0.7bar. The car is not as fast, but you can feel the difference, especially the pull is much better. I still have fitting issues with my fmic's hot pipe, but can't wait to get it on and wind up the boost to 1.2. :-P

Blitz's oil seals are gone, so it started leaking quite badly. I'm not decided yet if I will get it refurbed as these are rare items too.

• 1 month later...

No update Jay? What's the crack :)

Brace yourselves, winter is coming! I just made a downgrade and sold my JAM ecu, can you believe?! :yahoo: I'm not sure how to use that money though as many things need to be sorted. I would like to get a piggypack/management as the stock ecu is sluggish, but first things first I'm going to take the car to a garage this week to have them check the oil leak as it's only getting a worse. I hope it's just a sump leaking as crank seal/oil pump will cost fortune to fix.

Last weekend I cut my original JAM hot pipe into the pieces and I will get it welded again to make it properly fit, but this is not on my priority list atm. Hope to get it sorted for spring. So, no news for you I'm afraid.

Oh, actually I have a one real update, two weeks ago I got my AEM uego(afr) installed with a help of a mate. Was a pain in arse to get a sensor hole drilled to HKS stainless pipe, tough material. :D

Looking good mate :)

Thanks mate, so much to do yet :)

Edited by JayJ

Sometimes you have to sacrifice a good part to get things working! My mate has the emanage ultimate they look massive in the pics but they are small and compact sit nice in the glovebox that's the one I would pick :) fingers crossed it's nothing major, I know how you feel about the winter it gets really bad where I live have to have the car raised :( good luck

Got the car machine polished last week, but the pic doesn't do justice for the gloss as it was quite dark place and sun was already setting. The polishing made a huge difference as the paintwork was totally matt.

Front end is still sad, but it will be the last thing to sort out.

67.jpg?dl=0

Also got this today, YAY!

66.jpg?dl=0

Edited by JayJ

Got the car machine polished last week, but the pic doesn't do justice for the gloss as it was quite dark place and sun was already setting. The polishing made a huge difference as the paintwork was totally matt.

Front end is still sad, but it will be the last thing to sort out.

1401771_10151883043784209_408275221_o.jp

Car looks good dude!! :)

• 1 month later...

Alrighty, made a small trip today and the car started heavily smoking blueish smoke while driving. I didn't boost at all and the engine was preheated for 2hours as it's -15 c here. I stopped the car and checked the bay to find out that the alternator belt and a/c belt were very oily and there was also oil dripping down to the ground near crank pulley. I went to grocery store and came back after 20 min and leak was stopped, maybe 0.5 desiliters came out? I restarted the car and it was fine. Didn't smoke and oil pressure was good, but after driving a kilometer it started smoking again.

So, the headgasket is the only thing explaining both the leak and smoke, but is it a common that the headgasket causes oil to burn, but won't use water?

Valve stem seals and turbo would cause smoke, but these won't leak from the point it leaked today, so maybe there are two different problems?

Catch can was frozen, so breathing was completely blocked and oil came out from every gasket and seal, quite mess 8)

edit: problem solved

Edited by JayJ

That's why I have a block and interior heater :p

Actually I have never had any problems with V in cold weather and it started without a doubt at -30 last winter, but the sound was soo creepy :D. I try to avoid cold starts as much as I can though.

I have to admit this was an amateurish mistake, as I should have checked the catch can regularly to prevent it from frozen. Also short trips make it even worse, as the engine won't get so hot and there will be condensation left in the breather lines.