Starlet owners Vs Civic Owners

what? driven until smoke pours out the back is it?...driven properly or not, they are wank and you cant convince me otherwise... ive worked on enough of them to decide :)

smoke pours out the back? either your mates cars are broken ornthey have a diesel with a vtec sticker on it

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, ah look.. been working on cars many moons.. never liked working on hondas... great power can be got out of them if the wallet will allow, toyota man at heart and thats where ill stay..

So i take it VVTI's are shit too then? Same thing really.

Vtec is what you make of it really, bloody reliable and amazingly powerfull out of the box.

So i take it VVTI's are shit too then? Same thing really.

Vtec is what you make of it really, bloody reliable and amazingly powerfull out of the box.

i wouldnt know as i dont work on cars over 2000, "im a spanner, not a laptop" :p

sur you could say the same thing for 20valves, glanzas, gts.. we could go on and on but we will get no where :thumbsup:

Toyota man here aswel but for the shear fact that a honda is as simple to work on as lego makes it the perfect car for people to start with, soo many different people making parts that u can build a budget track car for pennies because of all the replica parts.

Engine swaps are near enough bolt in jobs these days. I've seen a K swap be done from driving d series to driving K series be done in 4 days by a lad and 2 mates.

Theres no way you can knock honda's imo cheap reliable easy fun. With or without boost.

Personally i think every manufacturer should take a page from there book. Youve got a 1.3 civic and you want bigger brakes?? Get prelude twin pot calipers and Mg discs and you've got 282mm twinpots for about £150 and they just bolt straight on. The same with the wiring. Want to change clocks buy some vti clocks they plug in and work

Starlets 256 x 18mm discs even to upgrade to corolla 256 x 22mm discs cant be done easily because the calipers dont bolt up!

Glanza clocks in an n/a... Need the whole dash loom as its completely different :/

Oh and vvti is nothing like vtec. VvtLi on the other hand is :p

Edited by morgey

Some people's Toyota blinkers are stuck on lol.

I used to be 100% with Toyota, wouldn't even consider any other make or model, if it didn't have that T badge on the bonnet I wasn't going near it!

But I've since owned other cars (Japanese and British), and my Toyota blinkers have come off. I still wouldn't touch any piece of shit French car though.

Some people's Toyota blinkers are stuck on lol.

I used to be 100% with Toyota, wouldn't even consider any other make or model, if it didn't have that T badge on the bonnet I wasn't going near it!

But I've since owned other cars (Japanese and British), and my Toyota blinkers have come off. I still wouldn't touch any piece of shit French car though.

as much as id agreen with the french car part

the r26r or what ever thr megane that comes with the cage etc is a bloody weapon

Toyota man here aswel but for the shear fact that a honda is as simple to work on as lego makes it the perfect car for people to start with, soo many different people making parts that u can build a budget track car for pennies because of all the replica parts.

Engine swaps are near enough bolt in jobs these days. I've seen a K swap be done from driving d series to driving K series be done in 4 days by a lad and 2 mates.

Theres no way you can knock honda's imo cheap reliable easy fun. With or without boost.

Personally i think every manufacturer should take a page from there book. Youve got a 1.3 civic and you want bigger brakes?? Get prelude twin pot calipers and Mg discs and you've got 282mm twinpots for about £150 and they just bolt straight on. The same with the wiring. Want to change clocks buy some vti clocks they plug in and work

Starlets 256 x 18mm discs even to upgrade to corolla 256 x 22mm discs cant be done easily because the calipers dont bolt up!

Glanza clocks in an n/a... Need the whole dash loom as its completely different :/

blinkers, lol

they are defo not cheap, not over here anyway... to pick up a good stockish ctr or sir your talking 3 or 4 thousand euros and even at that they are ragged to death... you can pick up a glanza or gt with good spec for 2 grand these days...... i just never liked working on hondas, been a ep nut there are extremely easy to work on and modify, you dont even need experience to modify... you need hundreds of pounds/euros to lightly modify a vtec system..... i dont like hondas, simple as.... been in enough of them to make my mind up... what i really dont like is any car over the year 2000, if something goes wrong its normally expensive and you cant fix it yourself....

Oh im with you on the newer than 2000 cars, but eg's ek's etc are cheap. Get a 1.3/4 drop a b16 in it that can be picked up for a a few 100 if you know where to look and gut it. 160ish hp and in an stripped eg thats sub 900kgs they're quite a weapon. Obvs like any car you can spend 1000's on the rest if you want to but generally parts are so plentiful they're cheap enough to get 2nd hand parts on a good budget. Much cheaper than starlet 2nd hand parts and even brand new tbf!

Oh im with you on the newer than 2000 cars, but eg's ek's etc are cheap. Get a 1.3/4 drop a b16 in it that can be picked up for a a few 100 if you know where to look and gut it. 160ish hp and in an stripped eg thats sub 900kgs they're quite a weapon. Obvs like any car you can spend 1000's on the rest if you want to but generally parts are so plentiful they're cheap enough to get 2nd hand parts on a good budget. Much cheaper than starlet 2nd hand parts and even brand new tbf!

thats true i suppose.. its just totally different over here tho.. starlet parts can be got cheap and honda parts are top dollar with feck all turners so again the price goes up....... on the after 2000 note... my father has a 06 fsi passet..... abs pump started acting up even tho abs was working.. "stupid lights on dash", vw wanted 1700 euro parts and labour.... i sourced a second hand pump and got a local mechanic with ob2 diagnostics to fix it.. 150euro altogether, that included the price of the second hand pump... as for french pieces of shit.... just ask my brother.. brand new 03 megane, braked hard to avoid a deer, emergency flashers came on "as they do" but the car cut out and went on fire... lol

Oh dont get me started on VAG's mate of my brothers got a gti-tdi 25-30th anniversary golf (mk4) 150hp 1.9tdi (100% standard bearing in mind) the first mot he had to put it though, cost him £1500 and nearly every one since has been loads. Its had

Aircon pump

Fuel pump

Cam shaft

2 egr valves

Turbo

Headgasket

Split water pipes

Intercooler pipes

Wheel bearings (wearable parts i know)

And goes through front tyres like its running 4000000fwhp :/

He was boasting he spent £2500 on it over xmas for some reason.

I can happily say i would have scrapped that car years ago absolute dog of a car!!

I can't really say anything about French Even thought I had the gt I brought a Megane sport F1 edition only 500 made and i thought it was a cracking car as standard 230bhp big brakes nice rims sweet interior and handled like it was on rails never had an issue with the engine but the fucking electrics oh my god the dash was like a Xmas tree there where that many lights on just randomly come on and go off the amount of times i nearly put my fist through the dash but performance wise was bang on

I dont really care what badge is on the front tbh.

I just like stuff that burns the eviroment and makes a good noise.

Vudodet cars are alright new but i think the tuning options are a bit limited (VWaudiSkodaSeat)

I just like jap cars if im honest, if i could afford it i probably would of had a 200sx

Civic/Starlet cheap noob tool till you have a few year ncb under your belt :p

Edited by RandomDan

just got in from work ! badgers are huge i was once out on the piss with a few mates walking to a house party went down a lane a badger jumped out and you know when you go one way and same person does that and you keep moving same time to both side well me and a badger done that !! and they have big teeth i wouldnt want a badger bite me !! so ever since then they scare shit outta me ! horses are worse though