Dans Stancelet - The end is now

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well finally tried to drive it like I did on the 13s, it handles like absolute shit now! Back end feels all loose, I'm hoping its just the suspension doing it, coilies needed asap!

Looks awesome now mate! Not a huge stance fan but youve nailed it

Cheers dude! Should be getting some rear coilies next week, so I can hopefully get the back sitting spot on

Livesports spoiler is the long flat one like I've got on my GT

I actually really like them, don't think it'd look right with the tiny n/a bumpers though

Abso love this!!! Sits perfect! Lovely work and a one off

Cheers mate!

That actually looks amazing on those steels! Soooo much better than the 13s!

One thing I would like to do though is to flare out the rear arches as much as possible! Crooks did a nice job on his, also Corey has his flared nicely

• 2 weeks later...

That actually looks amazing on those steels! Soooo much better than the 13s!

One thing I would like to do though is to flare out the rear arches as much as possible! Crooks did a nice job on his, also Corey has his flared nicely

Cheers mate! i havent settled on a ride height yet so im waiting for some rear coilovers before i redo the arches, and the drivers side arch is flared to fuck anyway haha!

needs bolt on arches with spacers! would look like such a slag!

It would, but ive just jacked it up and found both rear wheel bearings are fuuucked and a front one is on the way, i changed them not long ago, the wheels are killing them without spacers!

Was considering heading to jae tomorrow, not now :/

Edited by dan106

Yeah man, will have to go next year!

And yeah I know man, sold my spacers anyway

Finally sorted my exhaust out, and took out the centrebox while I was there

null_zpsfd137d7b.jpg

Was a bit fucked aha

More flat exhaust

null_zps7b47f13a.jpg

One way of making sure the exhaust stays straight

null_zps30bcfcf2.jpg

Also lost the cap for the wheel bearing

null_zpsa79b9a55.jpg

Found this in my mates toolbox, it does the job!

null_zps896a4569.jpg

And found that I need a new drum on the passenger side, the outer bearing race just slid straight in, probably why its gone again so soon, and because of how bad the bearing was, the leading shoe is almost metal to metal where the drum was sitting cambered, gotta spend more money!

Exhaust sounds a lot better thou haha

Absolutely love this little car, nice job man

Cheers mate! Im not currently loving it atm!

So, changed the wheel bearing on sunday, cars was all over the place again on the way home from work yesterday...

th_F30EB3D4-B592-4AD2-8AAC-90779211D123-

Fucked already!

So, standard steels back on the back for now, let my mate loose with some paint while I was sorting out the bearings

null_zpsf03c518b.jpg

Don't worry they only lasted a day like that, sprayed em black earlier.

No mods for a while, need to spend all my money on fixing the damn thing!

All for now

I think its a combination of letting the bearing get so fucked twice and putting stupid wheels on it tbh, the drums so worn the outer race just slides in and out, and ive lost the castlenut so the nut keeps coming loose

• 4 weeks later...

Love the white on white!

On the close up of the renault centre cap, It doesn't look like there are many threads holding your steels on though?

Its on as many threads as it would be standard, them nuts are just proper long so it looks worse than it is

a stiff suspensions will eat through wheel bearings faster.

Another reason im desperate to find some rear coilovers to get rid of the chopped springs!

• 4 weeks later...

Not much been happening, been saving to fix my bearing issues I've bought two new rear drums two new wheel bearings a new set of shoes, the hubnut bits and bobs I'm missing and and new un-snapped boot trim

But I did put the bandeds back on yesterday for the children in need cruise, I can't bring myself to take them back off!

null_zps795516c9.jpg

null_zps6680da01.jpg

null_zpsac6c2655.jpg

null_zps39924772.jpg

Edited by dan106

I must say after reading this entire thread I'm really liking the different route you've taken with this build. Really nice to see someone try something different and unique (to starlets anyway) it's all about being brave when modifying something DIY style into you're final vision, rather than buying stuff off the shelf and clone a 'look'.

Much respect for that. ;)

Where a outs are you based? As I recognise a lot of these places?

Edited by scutch0

Coupl'a picture of the month candidates there! :)

Yeah man, entries for this month are shut already, next month ill chuck one up!

I must say after reading this entire thread I'm really liking the different route you've taken with this build. Really nice to see someone try something different and unique (to starlets anyway) it's all about being brave when modifying something DIY style into you're final vision, rather than buying stuff off the shelf and clone a 'look'.

Much respect for that. ;)

Where a outs are you based? As I recognise a lot of these places?

Cheers man! Everythings been DIY on this car, I enjoy doing it all myself (most of the time) got an arch roller now asswell so I can finally smooth the rear arches out, and lower the front some more

Based in Bedfordshire aswell mate, near Luton